Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Grenouille

I read an article today on the DM about this new movement if married women submitting to their husbands and striving to live like in the 50s and 60s. Anyone in here lives or knows someone who lives like this? I am usually pretty open minded about alternate lifestyles but I just couldn’t see myself submitting to my husband for the sake of it.

Grenouille

I'm not sure if it really is about submitting to the husband or more just people having the role of a house-partner.

Choice is great, but most families don't have a choice and both parents have to go to work. I think it's all a bit of a lie that you can have it all - job and children without your health suffering. I've seen it in family members pushed to go back to work when they needed longer.
Completely agree.

pommobear

VIP Member
I do wonder what the story is behind her husband and her. She says they got together when he was still married but separated which I find a bit unusual, but it depends on how long he had been separated. However the other thread said he had a child and they had an affair? So not sure if it’s a poster who knows the truth about the situation or not.
He definitely has another child whom they don't seem to have any kind of relationship with.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
The weirdest thing about this whole thing is that Alena's thread is so quiet. There's hardly any activity on it at all.

I think if you are going to wax lyrical about the virtues of a particular lifestyle then you can't be shocked or surprised if people critique that. We don't make choices in a vacuum after all. And I say that as a stay at home parent in a fairly traditional heterosexual relationship.
I do wonder what the story is behind her husband and her. She says they got together when he was still married but separated which I find a bit unusual, but it depends on how long he had been separated. However the other thread said he had a child and they had an affair? So not sure if it’s a poster who knows the truth about the situation or not.