Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ndavy

Very true, I don’t think I’ve ever flown into LAX because it’s such always a mess. John Wayne is much easier to navigate.

And I get it if you haven’t driven in California traffic in a while it can be intimidating, but IMO there’s nothing worse than being stranded somewhere and having to pay $$$ for an Uber or a Lyft (or a private car service in their case) because something came up and you need to go get something from the store and your $20 item ends up having a $40 charge both ways.
I spent a lot of time in LA when I used to travel for work, and I always found the the traffic intimidating (at least compared to the Orlando area). But things are so spread out you really do need a car, especially if you want to visit different theme parks and other tourist attractions (which I did on the occasion I could add an extra day or two to my work trip for some play time). I think the highways/interstates are much more narrow in LA, and so are the parking spots. I learned pretty quickly to rent a regular sedan in LA versus an SUV (even though my company was footing the bill and would have covered an SUV rental). I drive a mid-size SUV in Orlando and always feel like I have plenty of shoulder room on the highways and in parking spots. But in LA, even in a regular car I always felt crowded, I have no idea how big-rig truckers deal with the narrow roads there. I also spent a lot of time in San Diego, and I absolutely loved to drive there, the roads had plenty of space just like in Orlando, so maybe it's just an LA thing with the cramped roads.

LAX is a pain in the ass, but my business was always in LA proper or north of the city so that was the most convenient airport for me. And most importantly there is an In-N-Out right by the airport, so it was a guaranteed meal at least to and from the airport. No matter where I was in CA, I always tried to eat at INO at least once per day, cheeseburger animal style (usually two if I'm being honest) and strawberry shake is my jam!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

Tommytomtom

Felt Tim did a pretty good job with this latest hotel preview. Though I'm sure it helps him that it was a media event where he probably is given talking points. Much better than the usual home movies hotel tours where they just kind of meander around and dont clearly show what it has to offer.

Though it is weird in the middle showing the rooms where Tim does half of it whispering because there are others in the rooms then goes over everything again when they leave so he can talk louder.

Vatulele

Last TTT video to go past 200K was posted October 30. Since then only Oogie Boggie at 158K and first day of DCA at 147K. All the rest were below 120K in views
They got huge jumps. After the first day when the majority of their subscribers watch most of their CA trip videos were around 72-85k

• Angry

Katnip78

It's a great place if you ever get a chance to go. Right in the middle of Clearwater Bay off the Rt 60 causeway. They recently had a huge renovation with a beautiful new 2-story facility. Their oldest dolphin PJ is 50! All rescued from harrowing circumstances. 🐬

They also have otters, turtles, various other marine life. They're a working hospital and educational facility. They're working on revamping the old part of the facility next (where we first saw Winter 16 years ago and, admittedly, it didn't look so hot in there! LOL but we knew they were doing awesome work) and it looks - via the artist renderings - like it's going to be a gorgeous new area for rescued manatees.
I'm so sad about Winter. 😭I always wanted to visit there, I wish I had been able to see her up close. I used to volunteer working with the sea turtles at the Marine Science Center in Ponce Inlet. The girl who helped train me eventually left to go work there and it was always my intention to go see it.

• Heart

VloggerCritic

VIP Member
So basically people embedded in the Facebook stan group need to start encouraging posting of real time Tracker sightings on Instagram or other places not delaying postings. On the other hand the Trackers don't need to be stalked when away from their house that's for sure.

scopeyscope

VIP Member
I wouldn’t let a kid of Jackson’s age eat lollipops, especially when your doing something so not watching him carefully and making him sit down to eat it
It’s not about the safety aspect it’s about the fact that she says specifically “those are not for buddy ..he sees the lollipops on the table” I understand not giving a lollipop to a child his age but why would they buy lollipops since he is not of age to have one …because they’re probably edible lollipops. I’m not saying I blame them if I went to California I would pick some up too

TawdryT

VIP Member
I don't know about you, but I'm with baby J's response to rapid-fire questioning, "Buck-et, buck-et"!

Southpaw33

VIP Member
What is going on with his shorts? Besides them not fitting properly - what’s the situation in the back? And yes, he looks like a USPS mail carrier.
He looks like he needs some exercise sessions for his glutes and not bathroom dessert-eating sessions. How is he supposedly using that fancy bike? He appears to have zero definition to his posterior, then crams in battery packs and phones and stuff in his pockets.

Katnip78

Still go! ❤ It's such a great place (and w/ the renovations, it looks better than ever)

We love visiting the Marine Science Center too - one of our favorites! We haven't gone in awhile (it was closed because of COVID?) but we're in that area a lot. Love the lighthouse too, and going to the park. I hope we can get back to the Center soon. :)
I'm definitely going to go! I've been wanting to do a West coast weekend trip.

Yeah Ponce is such a nice area. It's good to know we have a facility over this way to help. If you can ever time it to go to a turtle release right there on the beach, that is sweet to see. 🤗

• Heart
I love that so many Vloggers and Orlando-area citizens continuously, year after year go out and volunteer their time for Give Kids the World/Night of a Million Lights.

You can really see who does things from the bottom of their hearts, with love and compassion vs people like the Trackers who went out for Vlog content and then free access to events.

Free things for no work? You can bet the Trashers will be there.
Maybe they don’t realize that this happens every year 😂 You know like hurricane season, Christmas Day, etc. But you are spot on, if there is nothing in it for them, they will not attend.

ijeanie

okay that’s fair but I did the math and to rent a car for four days is 214 dollars plus hotel parking fees. 30 x 4= 120. They would not have to pay for parking at the theme parks since both the hotels have transportation. Gas in California is 4.65 a gallon currently and they wouldn’t drive it much so worst case they would have to fill it up before returning ($40). Car seat would be an additional 40 per day so…$414 to rent a car for four days. They used the luxury car service three times and it was the same rate(230) 230 x 3 is $690 w/o a tip. Budget friendly these two 🙄
I didn't realize it was a premium service, I thought they were just talking about getting an uber or something, what a waste of money 😅

apojacks

VIP Member
I'm still debating about this one. The cost is turning me off, but our new exchange student LOVES Christmas, and I just got a new job with a huge raise, so I'm thinking of taking her (my husband is the bigger Disney fan and he has 0 interest in it). I'm excited to see PMM and SE's vlogs on it to see if it's even worth the cost.
We talked with Jackie for about ten minutes last night. She was raving about the parade just like we were. Trust me, it’s worth the cost if you can get a ticket. Plus all the vloggers have gone. My guess is that the Slacker Ass Trackers go tonight since everyone else went last night.

ijeanie

Lots of vloggers tweeting from IAAPA today. Of course Dim can't be bothered to do anything in real time.
Yes I noticed Themepark world wide has posted a load on his insta and with a visible 'press' lanyard but nothing from Tim again.

Vatulele

Yep, it is owned by AJ from DFB. Also I agree about Quincy. Something about her rubs me the wrong way. I much prefer Molly, or honestly any of the other Allears team over Quincy.
IMO she’s inexperienced and reads as uncomfortable and a little awkward on camera vs Molly. (Also does each ‘host’ write the script/talking points for their video? Maybe Quincy just isn’t as talented a writer as Molly)

WDWUO83

VIP Member
I wonder if he had some sort of contract sponsorship with Art of Shaving. He and PCDev did hosted vlogs with them a few months back.

WTG

Yep, it is owned by AJ from DFB. Also I agree about Quincy. Something about her rubs me the wrong way. I much prefer Molly, or honestly any of the other Allears team over Quincy.
I don't mind Quincy but my favorite videos are Molly with Breedlove or RJ.