The Split - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually Nathan cheated first!

I agree about Nicola..a very good actress and I enjoy all her mannerisms and little quirks! I find it hard to take Stephen Mangan serious as I can't forget him as Guy Secretan in the superb Green Wing!
Ahh I knew he did the Tinder thing but couldn't remember the timeline.. although she did sleep with Christie the night before their wedding haha.

Green Wing was marvellous. I have it on DVD and really should dig it out again. Gutted it only ran for 2 series.

Reactions: 4
Actually Nathan cheated first!

I agree about Nicola..a very good actress and I enjoy all her mannerisms and little quirks! I find it hard to take Stephen Mangan serious as I can't forget him as Guy Secretan in the superb Green Wing!
I think of him as Postman Pat

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ahh I knew he did the Tinder thing but couldn't remember the timeline.. although she did sleep with Christie the night before their wedding haha.

Green Wing was marvellous. I have it on DVD and really should dig it out again. Gutted it only ran for 2 series.
The Tinder thing was in series 1. Oh yes, I forgot about the night before the wedding thing!

I dig Green Wing out every now and then (I was a Caroline & Mac fan but did have a soft spot for Guy!) or I like to watch the bloopers on youtube. Particularly this one with Stephen and Tamsin (sorry to everyone for going off topic!).

Reactions: 3
Got to the end - I liked it especially because she didn’t seem to end up with Christy, loved Rose and the vicar ❤

Reactions: 10
I can only imagine the pressure Nicola has felt over the years to ‘fix’ her face - thank god she hasn’t because her subtle facial movements are just wonderful and the character would not be half as captivating without it. I think she’s beautiful.

Sadly we are very used to seeing actresses (and celebs generally) fillered and botoxed to the heavens. Not to mention it’s still not that common to see women aged 50+ in that sort of protagonist role (as in not fitting neatly into the maiden, mother, crone tropes). Although it is starting to change.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Well I finished it last night. Loved it. Gutted it's over.

Think I might need to start watching Spooks to see more of the wonderful Nicola Walker.

• Heart
IKWYM but I adore Nicola Walker, she’s amazing in every role she plays♥

Trying to remember who everyone thought was Cora’s father in S2? (I know who it actually is😆)
Can’t remember that, but I remember the significance of the clogs keyring 😂
Nina said something about Rex being her dad and that’s what I thought? But is it not 😂

Only on episode four so far, but loving it. I still like Christie, but the beard needs reigning back. I do also like Stephen Mangan and love everything Nicola Walker is in. I like how many older women there are in key roles in it. The clothes are amazing too.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I watched the first episode of the new series last night

Omg I was not emotionally prepared for the ending 🥺 I was an absolute mess.

I watched it on my own while my husband was out on a work night out and I was immediately texting him being like you ok, make sure you get home safe, don't drink too much so you can get yourself home ok etc 😂

As other have said I love all the clothes/fashion and I want Hannah's house!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ruth looks an absolute babe in the purple dress later on in the series

Reactions: 5
I watched the first episode of the new series last night

Omg I was not emotionally prepared for the ending 🥺 I was an absolute mess.

I watched it on my own while my husband was out on a work night out and I was immediately texting him being like you ok, make sure you get home safe, don't drink too much so you can get yourself home ok etc 😂

As other have said I love all the clothes/fashion and I want Hannah's house!
I love the house too! Here's the info on where it is!

FilmFixer director Karen Everett revealed that Hannah lives in a home on Macaulay Road in Lambeth and her family home where she grew up is filmed at a home located in Sydenham Hill, Lewisham.

• Heart
I'm not binge watching it as its going to be my Monday night highlight for a few weeks. 😊

Wish I could go the same! I’m going in with the last 2 episodes tonight! Instead I’m going to watch from series 1 all the way through ❤

Reactions: 4
Love the scene with Meera Syal and Nicola Walker - then I remembered that she’s of course married to Sanjeev Bhaskar - Nicola’s co-star in Unforgotten, another fave🥰

Reactions: 10
I also found the first season while bored during lockdown and really enjoyed it. I’m fascinated by the actress who plays Hannah’s face. She really is very odd looking. I’ve never seen such hooded eyes and the mouth is weird and she keeps kind of twitching and grinning with teeth bared when she’s cross. The eldest daughter also has strange under eye bags for someone so young.
I love the dark haired sister, I think she’s stunning and love her outfits. Sorry I don’t mean to be bitchy but couldn’t help but notice those things. Really enjoying this series, I’m about half way through.
Well, I never! 😧😧😧

Screenshot_20220408-220830_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Finished it, what a rollercoaster of emotions. I want a series 4 please, it’s just SOOO good! Nothing will meet my expectations now for ages 😂