Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
A supportive thread for anyone who want to make small (and big) positive changes in their lives!

Whether you want to eat healthier food, cut back on your vices, be more organised, finally sort out that cupboard, be more social offline, improve your budgeting or consistently get fit with Rick... anything you like.

Weight related goals are welcome here but if you're interested in discussing detailed information about diets/calories/weight loss then you'll probably prefer the weight loss threads: https://tattle.life/tags/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/

• Heart
Reactions: 8

make-mine-whiskey

VIP Member
I don't feel as poorly today flu wise but TOTM and cramps have hit me harrrrrd. I could eat a pack of biscuits right now, but I have 0.

• Sad
  • Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
Not counting the steps (don't have a watch, don't want to spend money on one and I don't carry my phone everywhere so the app would be inaccurate anyway) BUT I walked back from work instead of taking the bus today and it made me feel much better. I've worked up an appetite too which means I'll enjoy my dinner more ๐Ÿ˜Œ I doubt it's a lot of steps, it's only a half an hour-40 min walk but better than nothing and it's good to move a bit after sitting around all day at the office.

• Heart

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
If you tell google maps to break it down into directions it isn't too bad! Until you see the menu slider ๐Ÿคฃ

Screenshot 2022-01-26 20.49.33.png

Anyone fancy a challenge? - Walk enough miles to get from your house to Croatia over the whole of 2022!

• Haha

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I did 10,632 today โ˜บ I went for a walk on my lunch inspired by @Hope96, and I made sure I got up every hour from my desk and wandered aimlessly round the office for a bit ๐Ÿ˜‚ I also changed my bed and hoovered everywhere when I got home, and I was on like 9,900 so I did some star jumps and jogging on the spot to get it up ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 7

lemonlime

VIP Member
Took a one-meal break from no takeaway/no junk rule and ordered myself a fried chicken wrap for lunch - first one in January according to my food delivery account. I feel barely alive today so the extra boost was so worth it. Apparently I enjoy treats more when they are actually treats, who knew ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Iโ€™m on 5,698. I just came straight home from work and hoovered and mopped the whole house so that will have helped! Iโ€™m feeling really anxious though so Iโ€™m going to have a hot bath then curl up on the sofa I think. Bf is working a bit late tonight but Iโ€™ll be glad when heโ€™s home so Iโ€™m not so lonely lol what a saddo

• Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
Okay, so... I've thought of a bunch of small and bigger things I want to change and I don't want to tie it all tp the New Year resolutions and fail, so I'll spread it and prioritize one or the other depending on what kind of a headspace I'm in.

- Mindless snacking: I feel better when I eat 3 full meals a day and keep snacks to a bare minimum, i.e. when I'm actually hungry before meal times, or to have something sweet with my tea in the afternoon. I no longer bring snacks to the office for this reason, and stop myself from helping myself to the biscuits or crackers lying around. It's frustrating when I just want to eat something out of boredom but harder to break the habit if I keep indulging.

- No/less phone time when I wake up: I really struggle with this and the main reason is that I want to procrastinate because I don't want to get up and get ready for work, at all, but being late because I've been too busy mindlessly scrolling in bed is a lot more stressful than facing the day. I was always an early riser but my mental health has been spiraling for a while and I'm finding it difficult to stick to my usual routine. I'll make an effort to get enough sleep and wake up on time. Downloaded an app called sleep tracker, it's a simple thing that tells you what time to wake up to make sure you wake up at the end of a cycle, or when you should sleep if you want to get up at a certain time. I've tried it a couple of times, and it's shocking how easier I found it to gather my thoughts. I'll make a habit of sticking to this.

- Sorting out my finances: I was really good at keeping up woth my expenses and income up until April but all that tracking has gone down the drain. I'll go back to doing a weekly evaluation, and keeping track of what I spend every day.

- Catching up with doctor's appointments: I have a bunch of doctor visits that I need to get out of the way. I've been postponing absolutely everything, and I want to make sure my knee is okay before I try pilates. I also need my medication adjusted for hashimotos, and I haven't had a blood test in over a year, despite needing to visit my doctor twice a year lol. December-January will see these appointments done, I'm tired of the feeling of an unfinished task.

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I did 10,187 today ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Iโ€™m planning on not leaving the house tomorrow so I doubt Iโ€™ll get more than 1,000 ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
I'm another one who could do with knocking the caffeine on the head - I don't drink coffee but I do have a few-cans-a-day Pepsi Max habit. I've tried cold turkey but the headaches are too strong to cut it straight out.

That'll be my first small change - maximum of four cans per day starting tomorrow. When my body is used to having four (without falling asleep at my desk :LOL: ), then I can reduce it further.

• Heart
  • Wow

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I think 10k for an office day is really impressive @Hope96 do you just jog on the spot at your desk ๐Ÿ˜‚

crisps & chocolate really are my downfall but for me itโ€™s salt and vinegar with a dairy milk ๐Ÿ˜‚ what a combo. Got to say this conversation isnโ€™t helping me at all itโ€™s making me want some chocolate and crisps ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I think snacking is my biggest problem too tbh. I've managed to cut the snacks out after my dinner which is good, so I stop eating at around 6pm every day. During the weekends I don't really tend to snack but when I'm at work it's constant! I think I eat more out of boredom, and as a comfort thing as I'm so miserable here, rather than being actually hungry. I'm sometimes horrified when I get home and realise I've put away 2 or 3 bags of crisps and a chocolate bar or two just whilst I'm at work!

• Heart

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
One small change/goal for me is to monitor and reduce my sugar intake.
My main problem is fizzy drinks. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has managed to kick a fizzy drink habit/cravings.

• Heart