The Simpsons Nostalgia

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if it’s been said before but I love the lisa needs braces episode. Especially the whole ‘Lisa needs braces’ ‘dental plan !’ Bit

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love so many episodes but my fav is probably when milhouses parents split up, so many hilarious jokes. Those north korean fortune cookies 🤣and the scene where he's fired is just great, "I don't recall saying goodluck"the first 11.series.are great, the new episodes are just atrocious

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I showed my kids the Powersauce bar episode the other day. I'm so jealous that they get to see these things for the first time

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So am
I showed my kids the Powersauce bar episode the other day. I'm so jealous that they get to see these things for the first time
So am I! Of the first 11 series I pretty much know them word for word at this point.

Any episode with troy mac lure is also a favourite, I also loved all the ones based on films/books I remember hearing about books we were going to read in English classes and thinking "I've seen a simpsons episode like this" . sure enough we watched the Lord of the flies one in class when we were studying it (not sure why other than I assume the teacher wanted a break 🤣)

Reactions: 4
My favourite is Bart vs Australia
I’m always quoting ‘it’s an emergency’ and we call my cat the emergency drainage commissioner because he’s always in our bath, toilet or sink 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I LOVE this thread!!! 💗💗💗
Classic Simpsons is my life. I still quote Simpsons references today as do my brother (41) and sister (37) we also have my 5 yr old neice joining in too and she is also being raised on classic Simpsons. Does anyone else always have a Simpsons reference for something but the person they are with at the time won't have any idea and think your weird, so you have to stay quiet? Sometimes I just say it anyway.
My favourites are:
- I call the big one bitey.
- I don't recall saying good luck

If anyone is on Instagram there's a couple of hilarious accounts they do memes for: bortofdorkness and thesimpsonslab
---
Screenshot_20240331-143608.png

---
Screenshot_20240331-143508.png

---

---
I LOVE this thread!!! 💗💗💗
Classic Simpsons is my life. I still quote Simpsons references today as do my brother (41) and sister (37) we also have my 5 yr old neice joining in too and she is also being raised on classic Simpsons. Does anyone else always have a Simpsons reference for something but the person they are with at the time won't have any idea and think your weird, so you have to stay quiet? Sometimes I just say it anyway.
My favourites are:
- I call the big one bitey.
- I don't recall saying good luck

If anyone is on Instagram there's a couple of hilarious accounts they do memes for: bortofdorkness and thesimpsonslab

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I have found my people!! I could talk for HOURS about The Simpsons. There are so many lines that I use regularly. My fave episodes though are the one where Homer gets the crayon removed from his brain (‘notice how I said library and not libary’), Jaws Wired Shut - there are so many funny lines i this I think I could repeat the whole episode!, the junior model UN/compuglobalhypermeganet episode (‘i think i’ll make myself vice president. No, wait! JUNIOR vice president’) and the one with Mindy - again so many good lines. There was a sweet spot in the seasons where there were so many great lines and episodes. I’m not a massive fan of a lot of the new ones but will happily watch old episodes over and over.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh Margie, you came and you found me a turkey, On my vacation away from workie...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9