The Simpler Life - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know anything about Twitter but think she has a large following on SM and it seems to be her "job" she is a Content Creator !!! so yes this was to up their profile.

Thanks.
Why can’t I remember Jacob and Poppy?

I was really enjoying this series until realising that there are people on it just for the clout and following as always these days :rolleyes: might as well be Love Island, i.e Victoria and Joseph. They really come across awfully on it, and surprise surprise they're just another pair of wannabe reality TV stars in the real world.

I've loved watching the genuine people and their transformation, they all look so much healthier, radiant and better looking, Fran and Kevin especially. Can't we just stick to people who are in it for the genuine experience on reality TV shows?! So much better than self-centred, attention seekers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I can't either... wonder if they dropped out before it even started
Jacob and Poppy are the two dancing to music from the radio. Jacob is the lad with longer hair who Fran talks about kissing and then he sparks up a romance with Maty and Fran moves to the empty farmhouse. He also plays guitar in the pig pen with the twins, he's featured in it a lot. Poppy had dark brown hair and seemed really sweet but leaves before the Bradford couple leave, she says she's missing her family.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I can't either... wonder if they dropped out before it even started
Just had a flick back through the first episode and can't see them on there.
I was really enjoying this series until realising that there are people on it just for the clout and following as always these days :rolleyes: might as well be Love Island, i.e Victoria and her boyfriend. They really come across awfully on it, and surprise surprise they're just another pair of wannabe reality TV stars in the real world.

I've loved watching the genuine people and their transformation, they all look so much healthier, radiant and better looking, Fran and Kevin especially. Can't we just stick to people who are in it for the genuine experience on reality TV shows?! So much better than self-centred, attention seekers.
I think that Penny was also looking to up her profile and maybe find herself another footballer but could not hack it without her Prosecco and handbags, shame as her kids were getting on fine.
Darren and Hazel surprised me when they left although I think Victoria and her boyfriend had a hand in that.
Hope that Fran stays as she is now and not go back to her SM and her swiping left and right, she is a beautiful and articulate woman who should not need that.
The 2 brothers have jobs and the 2 becoming a couple was nice to watch.
Wouldn't mind going into Toby's shop for a coffee. :)

Jacob and Poppy are the two dancing to music from the radio. Jacob is the lad with longer hair who Fran talks about kissing and then he sparks up a romance with Maty and Fran moves to the empty farmhouse. Poppy had dark brown hair and seemed really sweet but leaves before the Bradford couple leave.
Will have to go back and have another look. thanks

Reactions: 1
Jacob and Poppy are the two dancing to music from the radio. Jacob is the lad with longer hair who Fran talks about kissing and then he sparks up a romance with Maty and Fran moves to the empty farmhouse. He also plays guitar in the pig pen with the twins, he's featured in it a lot. Poppy had dark brown hair and seemed really sweet but leaves before the Bradford couple leave, she says she's missing her family.
Ahh yes! Forgot his name was Jacob because I was trying to think of him as part of a pair. I don't remember Poppy though

Ahh yes! Forgot his name was Jacob because I was trying to think of him as part of a pair. I don't remember Poppy though
Same here! I knew there were only 3 females at the end - Fran, Maty and last and definitely least Victoria.
I was also trying to remember a brother and sister pair.

At the end, was anyone else willing Fran to delete the underwear pic from her Instagram?
She worked so hard compared to Victoria - who was exhausted from boiling milk and feeding chickens! 🙄

the constant whinging must have been exhausting.
Even worse compared to Kevin just cracking on with everything despite having a medical condition that could genuinely have stopped him. The chicken chaser was shattered though, she spent more time showing how busy she was than doing actual work.

Same here! I knew there were only 3 females at the end - Fran, Maty and last and definitely least Victoria.
I was also trying to remember a brother and sister pair.

At the end, was anyone else willing Fran to delete the underwear pic from her Instagram?
She worked so hard compared to Victoria - who was exhausted from boiling milk and feeding chickens! 🙄
Sadly the series did absolutely nothing to improve the reputation of social media wannabes. Victoria came across as incredibly selfish. I think it was very telling when she said she had no friends in real life. Again, this seems quite common with these influenzas. She said she wanted to make friends but clung on to a mother figure for dear life to the exclusion of everyone else then only started to try to get to know the girls her own age in the final week.

It would be great if there was an update now, six months later, to see what they're up to now.

Reactions: 4
Sadly the series did absolutely nothing to improve the reputation of social media wannabes. Victoria came across as incredibly selfish. I think it was very telling when she said she had no friends in real life. Again, this seems quite common with these influenzas. She said she wanted to make friends but clung on to a mother figure for dear life to the exclusion of everyone else then only started to try to get to know the girls her own age in the final week.

It would be great if there was an update now, six months later, to see what they're up to now.
BIB
I’m guessing an erroneous auto correct but it made me chuckle nonetheless. So apt!
I’m now going to call “influencers” influenzas instead. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I though EleanorRigby has purposely called her that. :D
Yes I always call them influenzas. Because frankly they're as welcome as the flu. And sadly this one did nothing to change my opinion. Vacuous when she entered the farm and vacuous when she left. Loved it when she couldn't answer what was the point of being an influenza, she had no answer. But carried on being an influenza when she left the farm. Tells you all you need to know.

• Haha
Yes I always call them influenzas. Because frankly they're as welcome as the flu. And sadly this one did nothing to change my opinion. Vacuous when she entered the farm and vacuous when she left. Loved it when she couldn't answer what was the point of being an influenza, she had no answer. But carried on being an influenza when she left the farm. Tells you all you need to know.
Love it! 😁

Just finished the series. Victoria is just plain weird to me. Why would you spend a few months not bothering about false eyelashes but sticking them straight on asap. She looked stupid and childish. Yes Victoria, your job is utterly ridiculous. All the women looked so much healthier and content without the trappings. Fran is a beautiful woman, she really doesn’t need to put a mask on. It’s all about choice, but it is sad after their experience they were straight on with the shackles of being a woman. I have a lot of make up. Since lockdowns I wear it less and less. Today I was trying to buy stuff I didn’t need (beauty stuff) but there was something wrong with the website. I was going to try later but I am not going to bother. I don’t need it. It is just more stuff to cram into cupboards and on my face.

I think the Simpler Life is hard to achieve these days. You can’t escape the pressures of it. Social media and tech have destroyed the way we interact. We do not live in a healthy way. Tech is both a blessing and a curse. I think the curse outweighs the blessings to be honest. Social media is dangerous. The comparisons you make about your life compared to X friend or a celebrity. It forces you to feel ungrateful for what you have. I am as guilty of that as the next person.

If I were them I would have felt a crushing sense of anti climax going back into the real world. Wouldn’t it be great if they actually got together as a collective (not vacuous Vicky or Joseph) and started a farm or self sustaining living. I love that Jakob and Maty are seeing each other. Fran could start a bunting company! Or party decs on Etsy. It would be good to know if they have kept in touch with the Millers.

Final world, Kevin radiates niceness. He was the standout for me. It’s good to know that old fashioned people like Kevin are still around. He relished every moment of the time on the farm, and it showed. Love that he has a girlfriend and he is so happy. I enjoyed this series.

UPDATE
Kevin - According to this he has visited the Millers.

There is a bit of chatter about him getting a spin off. I hope he doesn’t. I think it would “spoil” him. But that’s me being selfish.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I really don’t like Hazel, or her husband. They just looked contemptuous and angry all the time.
I can’t believe they said that the people who made it to the end were just kidding themselves!

I also can’t work out how, out of all the contestants, Edna became closest to Victoria. She was the fakest one in there.

I also can’t work out how, out of all the contestants, Edna became closest to Victoria. She was the fakest one in there.
If Edna had lived an Amish community all her life with other like minded people she may not have twigged how fake Victoria was. Edna had no idea what an influencer was, I don't think she had much idea about how shallow some people's lives are in the modern world.