The Simpler Life - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw a couple from this on Stephs Packed Lunch today and they said they loved it - but they were not happy with some of the other particpants. Looking forward to watching it.

Reactions: 2
I’d have made her remove her false eyelashes and make up.
She keeps using her children as an excuse when it’s her.

Reactions: 8
I’m glad someone started a thread for this. Was watching last night and thinking ‘what the duck did Penny think was going to happen’

Reactions: 7
I’m glad someone started a thread for this. Was watching last night and thinking ‘what the duck did Penny think was going to happen’
I think she has been briefed. Her role is to be the stroppy mare agitating everybody. These programmes need tension. So they manufacture it.

Not very good reviews in today's papers but I liked it and hubby must have found it OK as he asked me not to watch it tonight as he is not at home and we will watch it tomorrow.

Penny has surprised me that she was against the alcohol.
Those that are moaning, what did they expect in an Amish community?

Reactions: 3
I have to say I am enjoying it, there is something quite appealing about that sort of lifestyle (religion aside)

I have to say I am enjoying it, there is something quite appealing about that sort of lifestyle (religion aside)
I think now with the crisis in living costs/post lockdowns etc the idea of being self sufficient does seem more appealling (I would never want this lifestyle though) Penny is just awful, that meeting just now to change house "you can address me , I am here" SO rude!

can't believe Penny left! feel bad for her children who obviously loved it

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
We have just watched last nights episode and that Penny (pretend Gemma Collins) is such a selfish person, her kids had just said how much they liked living like that and next minute she is having a strop and marching them off home. All because she did not get her own way. The other thing I did not understand about her was why did she want a washing machine if there is no electricity, was she going to run it on candle power.
Don't know who is next to walk but the older lady from Bradford was the one on Steph's programme said she loved it so can't see it being her and I hope it is not Kevin as he seem to be getting a lot from being there.

Just watched the second episode.

I love a glass of wine but if I signed up to do something like this, I would go all in, and that would mean no alcohol. I know this is not a true Amish life but to make it as near as possible, alcohol should not be in the mix. I am middle aged but find the middle aged lot the “snowflakes” in this community. I would try and move elsewhere if I was sharing their digs.

Penny, where to start, they shoved her in there knowing fine well she was a gobby self centred cow. They do psychological testing for all these programmes, so they knew she would cause tension, and the producers were up for that. It’s like I am a Celeb, when there is someone in there like Lady Colin Campbell, it makes it more interesting. However, I bet a massive community sized sigh of relief was expressed when the diva left. She moved out even though her kids were thriving, bad mother too.

In other news, I love Kevin. He is delightful. I hope he stays until the end. He has good attitude, he’s funny and kind.

Reactions: 4
Anyone still watching?
I hope moaning Myrtle aka Hazel and hubby leave.
Yes we are still watching but only able to watch on catch up as husband is not here in the evening,
Just watched yesterdays and was a bit disappointed when they borrowed the radio for the football - where did those boys get the radio and capes with the football numbers on the back, maybe from the village ? They were not supposed to have electricity but they got beer out of the fridge which showed eggs in the door and we saw them with numbers on so looks like there are 4 large fridges.
Did that girl get her £1 for the charity shop dress out of the veggie market till ? Kevin should have stopped her but he likes to be liked although he is coming on in leaps and bounds with his confidence.
Husband has just said - she had more than 1 bag so she spent more than a quid - whose money was that?

Yes we are still watching but only able to watch on catch up as husband is not here in the evening,
Just watched yesterdays and was a bit disappointed when they borrowed the radio for the football - where did those boys get the radio and capes with the football numbers on the back, maybe from the village ? They were not supposed to have electricity but they got beer out of the fridge which showed eggs in the door and we saw them with numbers on so looks like there are 4 large fridges.
Did that girl get her £1 for the charity shop dress out of the veggie market till ? Kevin should have stopped her but he likes to be liked although he is coming on in leaps and bounds with his confidence.
Husband has just said - she had more than 1 bag so she spent more than a quid - whose money was that?
Oh no I missed it yesterday! 😱