The Simpler Life - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no I missed it yesterday! šŸ˜±
Watch it on catch up - if you like the others this is a good one. We will watch tonights in the morning. I am enjoying this especially Kevin, he is a revalation. Not much from the lady from Bradford today but hopefully more tomorrow.

Reactions: 1
I think Hazel and Darren did moan a bit too much but I also think there was weak leadership in the group on the butter issue etc. Rather than be so combative with them surely it would have been easier to help them make their own butter and see where they are going wrong: maybe that's just me speaking from training apprentices in my job over the years!

Of course I'm sure the edit was framed to make it look juicier for TV in the aftermath.

Reactions: 2
I was so surprised those two went last night as they were so happy to talk about it on TV and say how much they got out of it. Yes the butter issue was not handled very well and I think the girl whose boyfriend manages the money really did talk down to Hazel and made herself look mean and petty. I was so sad that the leaders were leaving them too it as Kevin lost the only real friends he has ever had.

Iā€™ve just started watching this, I am utterly surprised that someone left in episode 1 and in that manner.

Iā€™m really enjoying this. Joseph and Victoria are so rude, and Iā€™m glad hazel and her husband went home

Reactions: 5
Iā€™m really enjoying this. Joseph and Victoria are so rude, and Iā€™m glad hazel and her husband went home
I quite agree with you, she was awful to Fran about the cross stitch and should not have told Edna what they were doing. Think these 2 will try and take over when the Americans have left.
Fran might have a good heart but Victoria doesn't.

Victoria is a lazy mare - she is busy doing nothing except boil milk. Fran is doing all the washing, the others looking after the animals and she has a house to look after, well so do the others if she has not noticed. Self entitled blogger.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I quite agree with you, she was awful to Fran about the cross stitch and should not have told Edna what they were doing. Think these 2 will try and take over when the Americans have left.
Fair enough donā€™t join in, but there was absolutely no need for her to whine and tell them about it. At all

Victoria is now she is saying she is lonely rattling about in the house all day so hopefully she will get her arse into gear and go outside and help the others for a change.
She is not helping with the potatoes though, probably had to go for a lie down.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Victoria is a lazy mare - she is busy doing nothing except boil milk. Fran is doing all the washing, the others looking after the animals and she has a house to look after, well so do the others if she has not noticed. Self entitled blogger.
Canā€™t stand Victoria - does all the easy jobs but acts as if she works so much harder than the rest of them.
What a witch spoiling the cushion surprise - she was just pissed that she hadnā€™t thought of it. So fake.

Love Kevin - heā€™s blossomed. (Unsure if thatā€™s the correct word to use for a male, but hope you get the gist!)

Reactions: 4
I am not watching tonight as hubby forgot to watch last nights on catch up and he is watching it now so will watch it in the morning.
Those are the words I would use about Kevin, he really has blossomed and I hope he gets something out of this experience.

Canā€™t stand Victoria - does all the easy jobs but acts as if she works so much harder than the rest of them.
What a witch spoiling the cushion surprise - she was just pissed that she hadnā€™t thought of it. So fake.

Love Kevin - heā€™s blossomed. (Unsure if thatā€™s the correct word to use for a male, but hope you get the gist!)
Kevin is my absolute favourite, Iā€™m so proud of how far heā€™s come!

Fran replies in the comments, Victoria is very on the defensive on twitter between her turning up at random film screenings :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Aw where were Kevinā€™s family? I wanted to see their reaction to his transformation.
Heā€™s such an old soul. I think he could embrace this life.

Fran replies in the comments, Victoria is very on the defensive on twitter between her turning up at random film screenings :ROFLMAO:
It had nothing to do with Victoria what they spent their money on - probably booze and tobacco. :)
I did notice that Victoria and her boyfriend had the American families left overs and did not offer it to the others, noticeable when Fran said - oh you have Endnas cake, probably been told to share but she is too selfish.

Reactions: 3
Something to look forward to tomorrow - I noticed when they showed her at home her clothes were very childish for a woman of her age.
She looks so much prettier without the make up and ridiculous false eyelashes.
Did she have a ā€œblue tickā€ on Twitter before this?
I just felt Victoria and Jamie went on this to increase their following.

She looks so much prettier without the make up and ridiculous false eyelashes.
Did she have a ā€œblue tickā€ on Twitter before this?
I just felt Victoria and Jamie went on this to increase their following.
I don't know anything about Twitter but think she has a large following on SM and it seems to be her "job" she is a Content Creator !!! so yes this was to up their profile.

I don't know anything about Twitter but think she has a large following on SM and it seems to be her "job" she is a Content Creator !!! so yes this was to up their profile.

Has a large following on SM but barely breaks double figures for likes on her tweets. Have a suspicion her lifestyle is subsidised somehow.