The Simpler Life - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it was a combination of the sheltered Amish life experience and the fact that in my experience Americans are less cynical than brits. A friend of mine was a big bullshitter and never really got on much here (listed himself as a managing director of a market stall he didn't own on hia CV etc.) Yet he married an American he met on holiday and is doing a lot better over there. Maybe he has better prospects but I suspect it is also the bullshit detectors are calibrated differently across the pond.

Reactions: 2
Also here, it’s not the thing to celebrate success. We are jealous, and try and knock people down to size. I think it’s the same in Australia, they call it tall poppy syndrome, or something like that. In the States, people are more open to people making a success of their lives, the American Dream. It’s a generalisation but as with all generalisations, there is some truth in it.

Reactions: 2