The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Penny knows her name, but will only come over if it's followed by "snackies?" 😂
Little one knows his, big sister "replies" to her name.in the sense that she turns around to look at me. Both only come running if there is something food related 😅😅

Standard annoyed face as i call her but don't have food 😅

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
E9C608FE-6F5C-4C4F-8DDC-600AF055B52E.jpeg

Mine responds to many names including dreamies but only if I say it in a lazlo voice
Sort of ‘dremaays my love’ ?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Pooh's real name is Loki but we only call him that if he's in trouble. He's just a big Pooh-Bear.
465585FA-F096-4197-B987-3FAFA2135A81.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can't have a cat at present but the little one who runs up to me when I go to the shop makes me smile. She's obviously very well cared for and loved. I have to fight the urge to give her a dreamie (like the local crack dealer!!).

She likes to jump up and headbutt me then weave around my ankles so I'm stuck for a few minutes whilst I try to extricate myself without accidentally kicking her.

I have to admit if I saw her doing the same thing to someone else I would think "why you little harlot!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 5
F56641B2-D4F5-4B0B-A670-12AC2C3FA962.jpeg

roisin doesn't know her name, she only responds to nicknames. one of them is t-rex. guess why 😂🦖

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
A bit of help needed. We found a stray kitten a few days ago - no chip so it’s likely we will keep her. She’s about 4 months so hyper.

We have two adult cats. One has taken to her no problem. The other is very nervous of her and hides whenever she’s about. Can anyone advise on how to manage this so my older cat starts to be more relaxed around her.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A bit of help needed. We found a stray kitten a few days ago - no chip so it’s likely we will keep her. She’s about 4 months so hyper.

We have two adult cats. One has taken to her no problem. The other is very nervous of her and hides whenever she’s about. Can anyone advise on how to manage this so my older cat starts to be more relaxed around her.
I'd say google is your friend in this situation. It all depends on things like the layout of your house and if the big cats have established areas to sleep, etc.

Reactions: 1

I tried various different internet suggestions when I introduced my new kitten to my two older cats. Not much worked to be honest so my main advice would be to just give it time. Blanket/scent swapping is worth a go as well.

The cat that was most vocal in his dislike of the kitten now happily curls up next to her although he finds her a bit annoying at times and will squash her with his paw when he's had enough. The other one has stopped hissing and is willing to eat next to her now. I'm sure yours will find a way to live in harmony.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I tried various different internet suggestions when I introduced my new kitten to my two older cats. Not much worked to be honest so my main advice would be to just give it time. Blanket/scent swapping is worth a go as well.

The cat that was most vocal in his dislike of the kitten now happily curls up next to her although he finds her a bit annoying at times and will squash her with his paw when he's had enough. The other one has stopped hissing and is willing to eat next to her now. I'm sure yours will find a way to live in harmony.
Thank you. I think I just needed reassurance that it’s normal and they get used to each other.

Here she is. We’ve called her Fiadh Dubh.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you. I think I just needed reassurance that it’s normal and they get used to each other.

Here she is. We’ve called her Fiadh Dubh.
Black cats ❤❤❤ I echo what others have said, just give it time, ultinately even if they dont wver properly get on it is jot the worst scenario anyway. I would also suggest making sure the older cat has a high up place to escape to if they want (and assert their dominance 😅)

• Haha
Had my cat in the bathroom and the kitten in the living room today. Stayed with the cat for about two hours (she was complaining a lot) before leaving her alone. Eventually she was very relaxed and napping in the kitten's bed.
Switched them back now and both are doing well.
Kitten didn't have any issues in the living room. At around 4 months old, she feels queen of the world 😆
Will do the same again tomorrow. If it goes well I'll let them see eachother again through the glass door and I hope I'll be able to let them physically meet on Monday or Tuesday 🤞❤
Feeling pretty hopeful though!
(I've been following Jackson Galaxy's tips on introducing cats as well)

We decided to name the kitten Frida. She does make me think of Frida Kahlo a bit and (one of) her nickname(s) will Frietje, which means little French fry in my native language 😁 So there's still a link to something silly, eventhough it's not a kitchen utensil 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Had my cat in the bathroom and the kitten in the living room today. Stayed with the cat for about two hours (she was complaining a lot) before leaving her alone. Eventually she was very relaxed and napping in the kitten's bed.
Switched them back now and both are doing well.
Kitten didn't have any issues in the living room. At around 4 months old, she feels queen of the world 😆
Will do the same again tomorrow. If it goes well I'll let them see eachother again through the glass door and I hope I'll be able to let them physically meet on Monday or Tuesday 🤞❤
Feeling pretty hopeful though!
(I've been following Jackson Galaxy's tips on introducing cats as well)

We decided to name the kitten Frida. She does make me think of Frida Kahlo a bit and (one of) her nickname(s) will Frietje, which means little French fry in my native language 😁 So there's still a link to something silly, eventhough it's not a kitchen utensil 😆
Overall advice, which I think everyone in every cat situation would agree with... Stock up on dreamies!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Overall advice, which I think everyone in every cat situation would agree with... Stock up on dreamies!!!!
That, and creamy snacks!
I'm pretty sure my cat will have gained a few pounds after this whole ordeal.
Not a big deal for the kitten as she's still a bit skinny. I'll just pretend my cat has an especially fluffy winter coat 😆

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.