The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random but for anyone with netflix, there is a documentary called "in the mind of a cat", my cats are loving it,completely gripped to the screen :love:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
After the sadness of the short lived stay of Chester our adopted cat, we decided any further additions would have to be kittens. We collect this beautiful girl on Monday. Her name will be Morwenna 💜
IMG-20220814-WA0005.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
After the sadness of the short lived stay of Chester our adopted cat, we decided any further additions would have to be kittens. We collect this beautiful girl on Monday. Her name will be Morwenna 💜
View attachment 1514683
Funnily enough when I seen your name come up I wondered if Chester had arrived home, the new kitten is beautiful and wish you all a long happy relationship with said kitten Morweena, I’ll she be a house cat?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Funnily enough when I seen your name come up I wondered if Chester had arrived home, the new kitten is beautiful and wish you all a long happy relationship with said kitten Morweena, I’ll she be a house cat?
The other two we have are outdoor cats so she probably will end up being too eventually. We have a plan this time though. She'll be kept in a totally separate room for a while and meetings with the other two will be extremely gradual. I think we were too quick with the intoductions before. He clearly didn't feel at home and one of his new house mates was quite hostile - lots of hissing.

We also hope they will be better with a kitten, less possessive over their space. She won't be going outside until she's vaccinated and chipped at least though so that should allow plenty of time for her to feel at home and for them all to be comfortable with each other.

I desperately hope it goes well. I also can't believe she's ours. She was originally sold to someone else but they didn't follow through with the purchase. The lady we are buying her from has held onto her for an extra week or so until get back from our holiday. She's been sending us photos and videos everyday which is so thoughful.

There will always be space for Chester should he return.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I love that stare!
I'm hoping her eyes stay grey too. I've never seen a cat with grey eyes before. They match her fur! Apparently she's really affectionate which is wonderful. My boy cats are really independent, definitely not lap cats so I'm looking forward to kitty cat snuggles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
View attachment 1514683
Morwenna is beautiful! I look forward to seeing more pics of her in future and even though it’s been awhile I still have hope that Chester will return ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@TwooTwooTwitTwitTwoo when we brought our second set of sisters home, I had made a mistake in the timing of the new arrivals, then panic when she turned up with the second pair of sisters that I had read they should be kept apart for two weeks it wasn’t possible here and the girls just go all over the house, the breeder came in with kittens said keep an eye on them but just let them get on with it, we locked kittens up,at night and let the older girls do there thing about four nights later they had ruined there sleeping arrangements so we went to bed next night and they followed the big girls all been well since, sorry for the long post. I am sure she will settle in nicely with her brothers.

• Heart
R.jpg

Is this true for anyone else feline(s)? Deffo accurate for mine, especially under the chin *chefs kiss* 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Tonight we had an accidental meeting of new kitten and one of the cats (too many children, too many doors 🙄). However, something odd has happened. After a bit of hissing my older cat is now asleep with his back to the kitten. I did joke to my son that he's not really asleep, it's a test and he's ready to pounce 😆. However, this is totally different to when they met Chester.

I've read that cats only turn their back when they trust those behind them...those that have introduced cats to kittens, shall I assume this is a positive step?

• Heart
Tonight we had an accidental meeting of new kitten and one of the cats (too many children, too many doors 🙄). However, something odd has happened. After a bit of hissing my older cat is now asleep with his back to the kitten. I did joke to my son that he's not really asleep, it's a test and he's ready to pounce 😆. However, this is totally different to when they met Chester.

I've read that cats only turn their back when they trust those behind them...those that have introduced cats to kittens, shall I assume this is a positive step?
I think if the older cat is feeling safe enough to sleep that's a good sign! Clearly not concerned about the kitten at all

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think if the older cat is feeling safe enough to sleep that's a good sign! Clearly not concerned about the kitten at all
It's definitely not the reaction I expected. He hasn't slept on the rug since he was a kitten himself. It's very sweet. He made sure he rubbed his scent all over the toy first though 😆. One down, one more to go (wish me luck 😬).
20220822_223805.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It's definitely not the reaction I expected. He hasn't slept on the rug since he was a kitten himself. It's very sweet. He made sure he rubbed his scent all over the toy first though 😆. One down, one more to go (wish me luck 😬). View attachment 1520249
Awww this is adorable. Yes I heard that if they're willing to sleep close by then they aren't as stressed out. That's what I've been holding onto with our new puppy, they will both sleep upstairs either in the next room or or outside the door!!

Our two last night playing with their favourite toys 🤣

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Awww this is adorable. Yes I heard that if they're willing to sleep close by then they aren't as stressed out. That's what I've been holding onto with our new puppy, they will both sleep upstairs either in the next room or or outside the door!!

Our two last night playing with their favourite toys 🤣
What huge eyes!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm hearbroken, I can't get a cat as I'm away too much but a little one locally comes up to say hello and plays a bit. Saw her just now and she looked at me for one minute then went!

I've only been away a few weeks 😣💔

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm hearbroken, I can't get a cat as I'm away too much but a little one locally comes up to say hello and plays a bit. Saw her just now and she looked at me for one minute then went!

I've only been away a few weeks 😣💔
have you looked at "cat in a flat" you register, get paid to visit cats in places when people are on holiday

• Heart
Anyone got any tips for yowling cats? Moved back home to my parents and the neighbours cat has discovered Freddy ( who is an indoor boy due to his FIV status). Well Spot ( neighbours cat) has taken to sitting outside the window yowling at Freddy.
Freddy just sits on the windowsill staring at Spot - No Yowls from Freddy. He just stares at him.

we have been trying to discourage Spot by going outside and calling his name out to him (which does work as then he disappears for a bit). We are trying not to scare Spot as clearly Freddy has appeared on his patch and Spot isn’t too chuffed .

Eta - Spot doesn’t always yowl - sometimes the pair of them just have a staring contest before Spot wanders off.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.