The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
have you tried feliway plug ins ? they can reduce anxiety (doesn't work in all cats though)
Yep, it's the second month we're using them and I'm not entirely sure if they've done anything. I've read that some cats respond better to other brands so that's another thing I'm considering trying once the current plug runs out

I've more or less tried everything the internet has suggested. He has a water fountain (+ water mixed into his wet food which he does seem to prefer a lot more), several litter boxes in different places with various amounts of traffic around them, access to more cat furniture and high spots or hiding places. He gets access to outdoors occasionally but isn't overly keen and it's been very cold and wet anyway

I keep trying google and different forums to see what people have tried or done but I'm at a point where it's coming up with the same answers over and over again

Reactions: 1
Yep, it's the second month we're using them and I'm not entirely sure if they've done anything. I've read that some cats respond better to other brands so that's another thing I'm considering trying once the current plug runs out

I've more or less tried everything the internet has suggested. He has a water fountain (+ water mixed into his wet food which he does seem to prefer a lot more), several litter boxes in different places with various amounts of traffic around them, access to more cat furniture and high spots or hiding places. He gets access to outdoors occasionally but isn't overly keen and it's been very cold and wet anyway

I keep trying google and different forums to see what people have tried or done but I'm at a point where it's coming up with the same answers over and over again
Yeh it only every worked with one of mine not the other. One idea to calm him down when/before they arrive would be catnip, you can even put it in water or just pour it all over rhe floor and let him roll around in it :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Pet remedy is one alternative to feliway that I think works well (would also work for dogs)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anybody else’s cat snore loudly? Nala snores so loud can hear her over the tv! It’s so cute but so loud. She sighs in her sleep too lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Does anybody else’s cat snore loudly? Nala snores so loud can hear her over the tv! It’s so cute but so loud. She sighs in her sleep too lol
My cat does but he has cat flu so he's nose is usually blocked. Is your cat any of the flatter face ones?

Reactions: 1
My cat snores so loudly. He also sighs in his sleep too. He’s always snores but I think it’s actually getting louder!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
A cat snore is the cutest sound!
Glad it’s not just me nala who snores lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A friend of mine ( never met in person met via a wedding forum 17 years ago) has lost het 18 month boy today, he got hit by a car, she has his mum who is cryin for her son.
She recently lost her her older cat too, and the mum cat went missin recently too ( the mum cat is only young her self) ans before she had kittens her other cat got hit by a car.
My heart breaks for her. They are her life. She literally posts cat updates hourly!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
A friend of mine ( never met in person met via a wedding forum 17 years ago) has lost het 18 month boy today, he got hit by a car, she has his mum who is cryin for her son.
She recently lost her her older cat too, and the mum cat went missin recently too ( the mum cat is only young her self) ans before she had kittens her other cat got hit by a car.
My heart breaks for her. They are her life. She literally posts cat updates hourly!
oh my gosh this is heartbreaking ❤

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.