The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have had PF for about 6 months, just slowly trying to run again, have done two lots of 3k over the last two weeks, as opposed to 15k a week.

I have always worn Asics but for some reason at the start of the year I got a pair of Mizuno. In my head, Mizuno ruined my foot.
Anyone else had a problem with Mizuno?
I had a pair of Mizunos that I loved but it's horses for courses, I know so many people with PF right now, it's more prevalent than Covid :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
As someone with loads of ankle/shin issues, I absolutely swear by Hoka Bondi. Yes they look huge, but omg are they comfy and I've never once had shin splints since I started using them as my main shoe!

Reactions: 1
I also recommend mixing up the surfaces that you run on if you can... I don't ever get problems when trail running other than really tired legs the next day! It transitions well onto the road as well

Reactions: 5
Any advice would be very appreciated - recently I seem to be getting injuries so often after runs. It’s usually my ankles/ shins/ knees.
My trainers are only a few months old and really supportive, I’ve been giving myself time to recover if I do get an injury and not run on it but it seems like everytime I get back to running, I get another injury!

Any advice would be very appreciated - recently I seem to be getting injuries so often after runs. It’s usually my ankles/ shins/ knees.
My trainers are only a few months old and really supportive, I’ve been giving myself time to recover if I do get an injury and not run on it but it seems like everytime I get back to running, I get another injury!
Do you also do strength training? I neglected it for a few years and ended up with runners knee. You may have imbalances/muscle weakness that is making you injury prone- I highly recommend going to see a physio :) Best of luck!

Reactions: 3
Obviously can’t diagnose, but in my experience shin pain (other than a tibial stress fracture which you would know about) is often referred pain from another area. Calves being too tight, Achilles etc. This could be due to biomechanics (which could be dealt with by going to a running shop with a treadmill and gait analysis) or just imbalances leading to one area overcompensating when you run (a physio could tell by simple exercises what you are and aren’t engaging when you run).

Hope you get it sorted. 🙂

Reactions: 5
Any clothing recs or tips for keeping warm in the cold🥶
Layer up! I sometimes wear two pairs of gloves, a long sleeved t shirt plus a short one on top, shorts, capris (I've yet to find tights short enough!) and long socks.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So why do so many folks have PF now days?
Are our trainers too solid to allow our feet to move and flex with ease?

New thread title

The Running Thread #2 PF is a pain in the calf 🏃‍♀️
I think this is the only entry but it's a good one so I'll pop off and make a new thread.

I can't make a new thread for some reason. It won't allow me to tag The Running Thread

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.