The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dying at him being carried off the pitch

Reactions: 6
I'd imagine that Harry probably would have done well there actually.
Agreed. You don't have to send your children to the same school, however convenient it may be, but chooseaccording to their individual needs. Even back in the dim and distant 1970s, one family I grew up alongside sent the elder, more academic, son to Glenalmond and the younger, not as bright but sporty, to Rannoch for precisely this reason. It must be sheer hell to follow a more academic, brighter, etc relative to school, even in the state system, so if you're going private/public school you should choose all the more carefully.

Reactions: 6
You dont need to know anyone to know this, it was played out pretty much word for word how you've just described in The Crown

Reactions: 10
Does anyone watch The Windsor’s? It’s hilarious and I would imagine fairly spot on.

Reactions: 8
Oh bloody hell, another thread for me to get lost in!! My kids are going to need to learn how to feed themselves & quickly !! I loved the Royal Goss on the celeb thread. Also absolutely loved The Crown, I thought Claire Foy was amazing!

Reactions: 11
I already mentioned it on the celebrity gossip thread, but someone I know at the BBC swears Philip has some Savile level skeletons in his closet.

Reactions: 21
I think it’s rumoured /well known that Philip was caught up in the Profumo affair, but it wasn’t directly reported, obviously.

Reactions: 13
You dont need to know anyone to know this, it was played out pretty much word for word how you've just described in The Crown
I’ve never seen the crown. I’ll tell my friend to check it for accuracy.

After that he concentrated on trying not to fail his course, which he was going to do until they transferred him to the all-purpose get out of jail subject, Art History. But he even struggled at that.
Art History - the thick poshos default course. What did Kate study again?

Reactions: 8
I like Camilla on it. I also this Fergie and the girls will be exactly like that
I just can’t pick, Harry Enfield had Charles down to a tee. Pippa is bloody hilarious, and the original Harry was bloody great. But yeah I imagine the girls being exactly like that

Reactions: 2
If Prince Andrew has been HIV positive for absolute years then how come he didn't become ill like everyone else? Back in the day when he was supposed to have got it people were dying like Freddie Mercury and Kenny Everett etc. Its not like it is now where is fairly easily treated and you can be well for life.As far as I can remember hes always been on the fattish side, never poorly looking.

Reactions: 14
I think that’s the beauty of private school. If you can afford it obviously. They all have their own different ethos, some are very academic, some are sporty, some specialize in the arts etc. I think Eton is meant to be very academic and you have to pass an exam to get in, so god knows how Harry got accepted?

Reactions: 3
Exactly and I said the same thing so I call bullshit on this gossip.

Reactions: 13
Does anyone watch The Windsor’s? It’s hilarious and I would imagine fairly spot on.
I was going to say the same! The papers all go on about The Crown and the stories they tell about the Royals but it's very well researched drama with stories youd find in any biography. But the satire in The Windsors is absolutely razor sharp. It really cuts them to pieces because there is such a massive element of truth in it its bordering on cruel. Its brilliant!

I like Camilla on it. I also this Fergie and the girls will be exactly like that
I love Camilla, but I also love William. Hugh Skinner is hilarious! Meghan, Harry and Kate are spot on too 'I was replaced by a robot for a week and you didnt notice?' Comedy gold

Reactions: 5

My dad was/is incredibly bright but very working class background and rely didn't want to go to a private school . He got in to do a scholarship exam for one of the old boys club schools and decided to put his name on the test and that was it. His mother went mad but could never prove he had just sat there for the whole test

Reactions: 3
Love it, Harry Enfield is spot on as Prince Charles, it's hilarious and yes I would agree spot on!!!

Because he was Royal no way would he have got in otherwise.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone remember when Harry was doing his A Levels there were allegations that his teacher in I think Art did all his work for him because otherwise he wouldn't have passed? there was an investigation and she got off with it and it was brushed under the carpet.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.