Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
……now complaining William wasn’t sitting next to her…….i think it’s clutching at best. This was Catherine’s story to tell.

Reactions: 45

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
They should have told the truth from the start instead they chose to stay silent while the whole world was getting scammed by them.
They did tell us she'd undergone major surgery and planned to be back at Easter. They only told the kids about the cancer today so FFS of course they shouldn't have told us any sooner.

Reactions: 45

Brah Day Izit?

VIP Member
Very sad news and something I'm sure none of us expected.

On the subject of their three children. They have no doubt been told about their grandfather's cancer diagnosis, not least because if they hadn't, it would have been mentioned in school, and there may have been subsequent playground/classroom discussion. Then BOOM, Catherine gets the news that she also needs preventative treatment for cancer.

Those poor children. By accident of birth, all three live in a world where the entire population is interested in everything their parents do (not to mention the spurious claims of affairs), and they will never be afforded privacy. And now they need to deal with the news that their Mummy also 'has cancer'

On the topic of the KP comms team, I was shocked and saddened by their behaviour when the Mother's Day photograph was 'killed' by the press agencies - Imagine hearing that use of language when PW and POW knew the cancer diagnosis. The mind boggles how they processed that. KP Comms team threw the POW under the proverbial bus, which is even more shocking knowing that she had cancer (assuming they had shared this news at this time, and even if they hadn't, they treated her appallingly.

I feel that this set up today's statement and tone, and Catherine had no option but to release the recording, bravely talking directly to the camera, as anything else would have been passed off as a conspiracy theory. Note the daffodils and trees resplendent with blossoms in the background to quash further theories.

During her time away, KP should recruit a new and dynamic comms team who possess empathy and understanding of how to react in today's modern ways of communication.

Wishing Catherine good health.

Edited for ease of reading - its late in Kent!

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Duchesspink

VIP Member
I have to say Camilla has really grown on me in recent weeks. I’ve always been pretty indifferent to her however she is absolutely keeping the show on the road at the moment. I’ve always thought personally that she would have probably been happy to swerve the public role and simply wanted to be with the man she loved but I feel she’s really come into her own this year, despite the sad circumstances. I’m glad she seemed to have pretty large crowds out there for her today, she deserves it
I agree. She is making an excellent job of being Queen. I think she has turned into a very unexpected asset to the Royal family. The late Queen definitely saw this in her in her late years

• Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
They should have told the truth from the start instead they chose to stay silent while the whole world was getting scammed by them.
But at the time of the surgery, when it was announced she was in hospital, they had no idea the problem was cancer related!

Lammington

VIP Member
On the note of Camilla, as she was being discussed - I remember my Dad at some point said Diana made a perfect princess but would have been a terrible queen, while Camilla would have made a terrible princess but would make a good queen.

I think that's about right, honestly. Camilla wasn't the pretty, media-ready, and aspirational type people want in a princess, while Diana absolutely was. But when it comes to showing up, doing the outreach that isn't as good for headlines, and quietly getting on with the mundanities of monarchy, Camilla's good to go.

Charles and Camilla are an odd pair when it comes to public perception. It's hard to like them on a personal level, given their history and them just seeming like walking cliches of aristocracy (personal bias, there), but it's also very hard to claim they're not positive influences given the commitment and work both have shown for the causes that they care about.

WhyYouCry?

Chatty Member
I am the same age as Kate and have three young children the same age as hers. No money in the world can make it easier for those kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 42

F1Grid

VIP Member
What sort of cancer would it have been if she's had abdominal surgery?
Literally any abdominal organ. Liver, spleen, kidney, adrenals, bowel, pancreas, ovary, cervix, uterine, rectal, anal...

Really not appropriate to speculate. She's had enough speculation on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
On the note of Camilla, as she was being discussed - I remember my Dad at some point said Diana made a perfect princess but would have been a terrible queen, while Camilla would have made a terrible princess but would make a good queen.

I think that's about right, honestly. Camilla wasn't the pretty, media-ready, and aspirational type people want in a princess, while Diana absolutely was. But when it comes to showing up, doing the outreach that isn't as good for headlines, and quietly getting on with the mundanities of monarchy, Camilla's good to go.

Charles and Camilla are an odd pair when it comes to public perception. It's hard to like them on a personal level, given their history and them just seeming like walking cliches of aristocracy (personal bias, there), but it's also very hard to claim they're not positive influences given the commitment and work both have shown for the causes that they care about.
I like them both on a personal level. The whole Diana saga was sad all round. No winners. They’re not the first people to have affairs and I’m not condoning- I’m no ones judge. It seems they were clearly meant for each other. Plenty of people cheat and throw away long marriages for the side piece - only for that to fizzle out. Charles and Camilla are here 50 years down the line. Life is too short to be unhappy with your partner. I’m happy that they got to be together - albeit through sad circumstances. Plus after hearing Camilla personally bears the cost of the rape kits makes me admire her even more.

Reactions: 41

maytoseptember

VIP Member
She looked so frail on that bench, and as she said she has already started her treatment it probably took about her weeks worth of energy to get herself dressed, hair done and film it 💔
She did. The mental toll of the news has undoubtedly been as hard to deal with as the surgery and the chemo.

Funny how shaken I feel by the news. Not because I'm particularly invested in the Royal family, but the news that someone as young, healthy and privileged as Catherine could STILL get cancer. And I know cancer doesn't discriminate. It's just frightening to be confronted with that.

• Heart

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
Who are these faceless Men and Women?
These professionals, these experts in PR, in controlling the narrative, in running interference?

Irrespective of the instructions given to them by the Prince Wiliam, the strategies employed by them, turned a devastating and scary situation for a Mother with young children, into an abhorrent, diabolical, cruel, traumatic circus.
Whilst I have no doubt, William was calling the shots, so to were the faceless men in grey coats, whom his Mother was at the mercy of, with no protection from the family.

History is now repeating it’s self.

If the Monarchy lost relevance when HMTQ passed away, the palace walls have now started to crumble.

The photo drama, the incessant pressure placed on a woman undertaking chemo therapy, backing her into a corner to the point, she needed to film a statement- is deplorable.

They hunted his Mother.
And now they are hunting his wife.

I hope they walk away.
Take their children, their money, their family and walk away from all of it.
Leave the Monarchy to collapse entirely and watch it burn.
Every single one of these faceless people- I hope their karma is a slow burn. God knows they deserve it.

Absolutely vile.
Laying the blame at the men in grey suits seems like a massive deflection from the people who have engaged in this nutfuckery. Diana died in a car crash because she wasn’t wearing a seating. The paps and media hounded her because of the type of people in the U.K. and across the globe who wanted and felt entitled to know about every detail of her life. It was a supply and demand situation.

As for Kate, the people to blame for are the ghouls, conspiracy theorists and the where’s Kate brigade. Yes, the photoshopped Mother’s Day phot was a fuck up but the madness started long before it. As much as I despise the concept of monarchy, the women in it are entitled to medical privacy. Retaining some autonomy over their own medical information shouldn’t result in mass hysteria over affairs, murders and body doubles.

The same goes for Meghan Markle’s pregnancies. Choosing her own doctor and not presenting her babies to the public and media 10 minutes after the last push doesn’t mean her babies are fake or that she used surrogates.

I’ve often wondered seeing as Camilla is a supporter of domestic abuse charities if she was a victim herself. Obviously not in her marriage to the King but before?

Alternatively witnessed DV as a child. It’s an important cause either way.

My auntie met her through her job more than once. This would be a few years back, certainly pre-2020. Camilla arranged for a thoughtful and unique gift for her after their chat once. For that alone, I like her.

Reactions: 40

QueenBW

VIP Member
God, poor woman. Can't imagine having to process a cancer diagnosis while aware that the world is saying the worst things about you, your husband, your family...

That said, let's hope their PR team gets better. It should never have come to Kate having to record a video straighten things out.

• Heart
Reactions: 40