The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They go - it's for Netflix, money and attention.

They don't go - they're disrespectful and have no regard for his father and family

He goes, she doesn't - she's gutless, she's sending him with cameras, she's unsupportive, he's a bad dad

I hope they're strong people because all this negativity no matter what they do is so damaging and painful.

Fwiw, I think Harry going and Meghan staying home is the right decision. Meghan can't win so why even bother pandering to the circus?
You’re quite correct, whatever they do they can’t win but they made their own bed…
This is what happens when you sell your soul for 30 pieces of silver.

Reactions: 25
No she hinted Archie wasn't getting a title because of his skin colour!
But then in his “Spare” interviews Harry backtracked and said they said no such thing and that was just how the media interpreted it. Alrighty… 🙄
We must all remember the Sussexes never say or do anything wrong. They are entirely blameless and are the victims every time.
I also recall them announcing when he was born that they would not be using a title for Archie...

Reactions: 17
I know and the then horrible British media told everyone she was calling the RF racist. How could they?!! That's not at all what she said... 😂
But then in his “Spare” interviews Harry backtracked and said they said no such thing and that was just how the media interpreted it. Alrighty… 🙄
We must all remember the Sussexes never say or do anything wrong. They are entirely blameless and are the victims every time.
I also recall them announcing when he was born that they would not be using a title for Archie...
I do too but recollections may vary?

Reactions: 2
What I took away from Spare is Harrys biggest grievance with his family is he was born 2nd, full stop. A lot of the scenarios he created in his head, like having one less sausage than the older and bigger William, or having the smaller bedroom, it was him that created those into something more than they were rather than just asking for another sausage.
The vibe I got from the sausages story is that the issue wasn’t Harry having one less, it was because they said “because he will be king one day” as a reason why William had more, which is a freaking weird response to a kid asking for more sausages. Like, just say “he gets one more because he’s two years older”, that makes way more sense.

The way the RF treat people is so cooked and I hope they don’t pull that nonsense with the newest generation. At least Charlotte and Louis will have each other - I agree with the poster who said having more than one spare is a better dynamic.

Reactions: 8
The vibe I got from the sausages story is that the issue wasn’t Harry having one less, it was because they said “because he will be king one day” as a reason why William had more, which is a freaking weird response to a kid asking for more sausages. Like, just say “he gets one more because he’s two years older”, that makes way more sense.

The way the RF treat people is so cooked and I hope they don’t pull that nonsense with the newest generation. At least Charlotte and Louis will have each other - I agree with the poster who said having more than one spare is a better dynamic.
The Danish RF have had their problems too with their heir and spare. At least the next generation have three spares to the one heir. After the hoohah of actually removing royal status and titles from his children, only Joachim, CP Fred's original spare, turned up for royal duties at New Year with his wife pleading a sick child as a reason for absence. While J seems more dutiful than our H, I suspect that there won't be many more sightings of his missus and kids, especially as they are rumoured to be moving (or have they moved?) from France to the USA. Fred and Joachim seem to have had a more dysfunctional upbringing and parental relationships overall too.

The Swedes have two spares and seem to have dealt with downsizing a lot better, not removing titles but restricting HRH to children of the monarch/working royals and the main line, with other grandchildren - whether children of prince or princess - being HH prince/princess with an expectation of earning their own living. The Dutch have two spares and the Belgians three though only one for the Norwegians. None of them seem as pompous and fixed on tradition and precedence than the BRF though.

Reactions: 5
What I took away from Spare is Harrys biggest grievance with his family is he was born 2nd, full stop. A lot of the scenarios he created in his head, like having one less sausage than the older and bigger William, or having the smaller bedroom, it was him that created those into something more than they were rather than just asking for another sausage.
I agree. He appears to enjoy making a drama out of the "not being special" concept. Despite being oh so vulnerable and sensitive. His mother was a spare in her marriage and he is the spare in the progeny from that set up.

The thing with that kind of family story in "Spare" is, Harry can get away with saying whatever he wants. No one, apart from William can corroborate that sausage story. Harry knows that William is unable to come out and refute it. Therefore he can say things like "Willy got an extra sausage because he's going to be King one day". It fits his narrative completely.

Anything he says that happened behind closed doors can be taken with a massive pinch of salt. He's such an obnoxious, spoilt brat that I can imagine him replying "well I'm a bleeping Prince, witch, now gimme my sausage". But obviously he'd never tell us that bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The thing with that kind of family story in "Spare" is, Harry can get away with saying whatever he wants. No one, apart from William can corroborate that sausage story. Harry knows that William is unable to come out and refute it. Therefore he can say things like "Willy got an extra sausage because he's going to be King one day". It fits his narrative completely.

Anything he says that happened behind closed doors can be taken with a massive pinch of salt. He's such an obnoxious, spoilt brat that I can imagine him replying "well I'm a bleeping Prince, witch, now gimme my sausage". But obviously he'd never tell us that bit.
I had never thought of it this way but I can see a scenario where an exasperated career says in response “you can’t have an extra sausage because your brother’s having it and he is going to be King”, in the same way you might squash a younger non-royal child being obnoxious by referring to the older child’s age. And that has a blown up and led to a massive sense of grievance.
---
I had never thought of it this way but I can see a scenario where an exasperated career says in response “you can’t have an extra sausage because your brother’s having it and he is going to be King”, in the same way you might squash a younger non-royal child being obnoxious by referring to the older child’s age. And that has a blown up and led to a massive sense of grievance.
Because he then kept looking for further examples of this kind of thing. Of which I am sure there were many because he definitely comes across as spoilt from Spare. Very spoilt in (what I imagine to be) quite a rich kid way, lots of things but lacking attention.

Reactions: 5

My problem is that these kind of little things are the things I can see being true … we know from other accounts from the like of bodyguards and others who have written their memoirs how everyone is kept in their specially demarcated space and the lines for where monarchy trumps family are firmly in place. The problem the RF/institution have is that Harry isn’t the first self entitled screw up to have been produced … they come along with almost alarming regularity so at some point the institution has to accept it’s not just ‘them being them’ they also have to shoulder some of the blame as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
My problem is that these kind of little things are the things I can see being true … we know from other accounts from the like of bodyguards and others who have written their memoirs how everyone is kept in their specially demarcated space and the lines for where monarchy trumps family are firmly in place. The problem the RF/institution have is that Harry isn’t the first self entitled screw up to have been produced … they come along with almost alarming regularity so at some point the institution has to accept it’s not just ‘them being them’ they also have to shoulder some of the blame as well.
Yup, the self-entitled screw up from the previous generation is apparently refusing to move out of Royal Lodge to Frogmore Cottage as he and his FWB ex-missus can't possibly cope with only ten bedrooms when they need thirty in their current home. Previous leaks have included that his police codeword was "The bleep".

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yup, the self-entitled screw up from the previous generation is apparently refusing to move out of Royal Lodge to Frogmore Cottage as he and his FWB ex-missus can't possibly cope with only ten bedrooms when they need thirty in their current home. Previous leaks have included that his police codeword was "The bleep".
Not surprised he has a sense of self entitlement when Charles is allowing him back in. Bloody ridiculous that he was at Easter church service and is having a place in the coronation. Is he afraid we’ll get a Spare 2.0 from Andrew?

Reactions: 7
What would Diana's title have been if she had lived? That would have caused issues with William taking the title, no?

I never understand this logic. Of course William can refute the stories that come out about him. The RF don't keep quiet about this stuff because the are poor hard done by souls who have no way of defending themselves. They keep quiet because the only way they get away with all their tit (dodgy taxes, multiple homes, jewelry 'borrowed' or 'gifted' from around the globe, political meddling, treating the plebs like shite, not actually doing anything worthwhile ever, being besties with sex traffickers and dictators etc etc etc) is to maintain an air of mystique that sets them apart from the general population.

They can say whatever they like and defend themselves however they please (and when something actually matters to them they absolutely do say something about it) they don't bother to refute any of Harry's claims because they don't care enough about what he's said to do so and they know full well that nothing he's said will bother the public enough to turn against them either.

(Which isn't to say that I believe everything H and M have said, I'd imagine like anyone else it's a mix of truth, lies and misinterpretations viewed through their own lens. But I dont think they're any better or worse than any other members of the RF - Andrew excepted, he's just worse)

Reactions: 12
Spot on. Margaret, Andrew, Harry all having issues. Must be weird being born into a life where you're effectively public property from both. Saying that they know no different. Must get incredibly stressful to marry in. Linley, Mark Phillips, Diana, Fergie. For all their privilege and not being tied to 9-5, must be incredibly weird not to be able to pop down the corner shop etc, without it being an 'issue'. At least celebs can fade into obscurity if they decide that's what they want in life.

Reactions: 4
For those interested in the Coronation, the instagrams related to the Royals have been updating about the forthcoming event and the Coronations of the past.
This is what the official china looks like

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For those interested in the Coronation, the instagrams related to the Royals have been updating about the forthcoming event and the Coronations of the past.
This is what the official china looks like
Thanks! I was looking at their website the other day, I really liked the cup they did the jubilee but it was always out of stock, was even looking a few times after the jubilee and then she died so had to give up on that. Not sure I like this coronation cup enough to spend £30 on it compared to the M&S one

Reactions: 1
Spot on. Margaret, Andrew, Harry all having issues. Must be weird being born into a life where you're effectively public property from both. Saying that they know no different. Must get incredibly stressful to marry in. Linley, Mark Phillips, Diana, Fergie. For all their privilege and not being tied to 9-5, must be incredibly weird not to be able to pop down the corner shop etc, without it being an 'issue'. At least celebs can fade into obscurity if they decide that's what they want in life.
*birth, not both*

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.