Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Why on earth is an 18 year old wearing Boden ffs. No wonder she looks dowdy. There are plenty of high street brands that aren’t tacky that aren’t also for middle aged women?
Yes she’d probably look nice in some Nobody’s Child dresses which have traditional shapes but more youthful prints and styling

Reactions: 2

Great_Kate

VIP Member
No it hasn't, if MPs dislike the legislation after reading it they can vote it down. Even if changed the legislation has to still pass the House of Commons and House of Lords
While I don’t think it’s ethical for the monarch to try to get changes in that benefit the crown or them personally, I have to agree. If parliament thinks it sounds good after reading it doesn’t matter who drafted the last version. It’s their job to read it, think about it and make an educated vote. It’s completely irrelevant of Mr. Smith or BP came up with it. It’s content is what matters. When the only problem with it is, that BP wanted it - that’s a weak fundament to vote it down. The monarch should stay out of it though- especially when it’s only to benefit them.
But the story is pretty much old news. We heard it all last year. Couldn’t they find something new?

Great_Kate

VIP Member
The difference between Wimbledon and opening a hospital wing or giving a speech at a panel is that Wimbledon is open to visitors while the other engagements are not.
I do think blowing kisses was strange. She never did that before even though her parents have visited when she was there as well.
The whole family has been attending Wimbledon for years, so nothing newsworthy really.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
I don’t think so. Those mass hysteria about celebrities has gone way down. Just think about the Take That split. It seems with so much more things/celebrities available than then that the very narrow intense focus of many on one person or group is not happening anymore. Do I make sense? I think this was a product of the time and won’t be repeated.
That might be generally true, but the Queen has been really exceptionally bound up with our whole culture for seven decades.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Can I top trumps with my cousin who was in the same academic year as Charles? He passed his 11+ and went to Grammar School. took 4 ‘A’ levels and was predicted (and achieved) A, A, B, C. Had an Oxbridge interview and was declined. But then, His personal statement didn’t say I am a Prince of the Realm …
Excellent point and makes me sick to be honest. Well now then can that be trumped?????;)

Curly Top

VIP Member
Charlotte used to be all Middleton to me but she has gradually been changing towards the Windsor look, particularly William.

TYL159

Chatty Member
You need to stop. The type of head of state has nothing to do with UN Security Council status. That you even floated this incredible asinine idea makes me wonder if you’re a top level troll with way too much time on your hand…or 15 years old and just finished a unit on the UN in school.
Yes it does, in terms of UN Security Council permanent membership you need a globally recognised Head of State to match that position

I sometimes wonder what sort of trauma someone has to have to spend countless hours defending and falling over themselves with slavish devotion to a group of people whom they will never meet or know and who will never care about them, if they do.
Someone committed to God, Monarch and Country ie a Conservative patriot like me. I am an ideological diehard monarchist as much as you are an ideological republican. It is no wonder the left lost the redwall at the 2019 general election with that attitude

• Haha
Reactions: 1

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
So the sovereign grant is paid according to how many visits they do? I admit I don’t know very much about total finances but the lack of work by the Cambridges now makes even less sense to me now I have learnt that. Surely with recent drop in other members of the RF to do these duties then they just need to do more to keep the amount the government pays the RF up? It’s in their own interests??

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
They might get a 3 for 2 offer <tongue meet cheek>
They will have to be seen to be paying … the optics of spending over £60,000 on schooling for little ones is tricky enough to sell without it coming out later that it was a write off.
The school may have a sibling policy 😁

• Haha

susan1375

Chatty Member
A new name would distance him from all his past mistakes and finally Diana and the Charles and Diana phrase/ photos. It would be confusing for the trash press to keep mentioning them without having to mention how he was prince Charles then and now king George.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
investigate crime.

The Met police don't even bother to investigate most burglaries now, the idea the Special Branch budget for including Andrew who as a son of the monarch will still always be a potential terrorist target whether doing royal duties or not would make any difference is not realistic

The Met police claim they dont have the resources or manpower, yet they can find resources for round the clock protection for Andrew, who lives in the same place as his mother and spends his days driving and riding round the Windsor Estate. And yes, that was Harry's argument for security too. Andrew is more at risk from the people he decided to consort with and all his shady undertakings.
While I agree that he shouldn’t get protection just because- I don’t think this argument works because I think the people doing protection are not the same personal that investigates? I don’t know the UK specifics but don’t you have different departments for different jobs? Investigators wouldn’t do street patrolling as well for example.