Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

submarinedream

Just watched a Facebook video of the next episode with sues mum? I thought sue and her husband met when they were in foster care? Is the gran sues biological mother or foster mother?

Reactions: 2

ClaretFairy

VIP Member
My degree didn't involve any exams, it was all assignment and practical work experience based. I'm fairly sure that anyone who didn't complete the full 4 year course wasn't given any sort of degree at the end simply for completing most of the course though. In fact, a failed practical placement was an automatic fail for that year. Probably degree dependant.

I imagine a childcare course is largely practical and coursework based. Quite frankly, anyone failing the practical element shouldn't be awarded any degree with the words childcare in the title, honours or not. It's pretty much the bread and butter of the course!*

*I'm not suggesting Chloe failed this part btw, just explaining why I don't agree with the concept for certain degrees (if it is indeed a thing on such courses).
I'm not sure there is such thing as a childcare degree.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

piggymummy01

I don’t usually comment on these posts but saw that Chloe is pregnant. I always felt sorry for her because I remember watching her go away for uni and then coming back again after a short time.

I don’t know her relationship situation at all but plenty of people have unplanned pregnancies in less than ideal situations (I presume her baby was unplanned) and make it work so I hope she is one of them. There is no ideal time to have a baby.
Totally forgot that the Radfords were in my city 😅

Reactions: 1

Raa

VIP Member
That’s good that he’s still involved even though apparently they are no longer together. It means that Millie won’t be bringing up two kids on her own.
I wonder if he will stick around when the baby is here and the actual hard graft begins

HoneyNed

I don't think people are happy on this thread. I haven't RTFT but they're talking about chris.and.his family now. I never knew anything about his personal life before,.now everyone's talking about it! Wonder what the deleted comments were lol

ClaretFairy

VIP Member
There is, I have a degree in Childhood and Youth Studies.
That's not childcare then is it?

Those are early years/childhood degrees, not childcare.

there’s plenty of childhood degrees
Yes I know, I said childcare.

It seems you've answered your own question, there are plenty of child care related degrees out there. What makes you think Early Years teachers aren't well regarded?
They aren't childcare. I am referring to the EYQTS qualification which isn't well regarded. I am a nursery teacher.

I did a degree in early childhood studies, so they definitely exist. It’s not fully childcare but you can go straight into childcare with the degree, it allows you to go into more options such as teaching too

With my course, it was BA (Hons) Early Childhood studies, if someone dropped out after first year they would get the equivalent of a level 4. If they dropped out after second year it would be level 5 equivalent (I don’t know the name of it officially) and if They drop out during third year they would just be awarded the level 5 qualification.

Most childcare places only require level 3 anyway, so Chloe if she dropped out in third year is technically qualified to do the job. She should have been awarded at least a level 4 qualification at the end of it
That is my point, at degree level it is more than just "childcare". You do much more academic/theory based work.

She's already have a level 3 to go to uni anyway, not sure what they call a level 4 qualification.

Last edited:

Kazzie20

VIP Member
Yes but he’s not in the public eye so to speak. Millie has hundreds of random strangers who think they are her friend and think she’s not pregnant following her so I can see why he might not want them announcing it yet. They could be many reasons for Millie not announcing it and we will probably never know why. I am saying she is going to announce it at some point when she’s had the baby but who knows. When she does announce it she may decide to not show him publically. She may not post pictures or let her son be featured in the vlog. We will just have to wait and see.
He has announced it? Its her who hasnt and her who got him to take his post down originally