The Office - US version

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has the UK version been removed from Netflix? I can’t find it on there and I’m sure it was there a few months ago and I want to start watching it!

I’ve got 10 episodes left of season 6, might be the funniest programme I’ve watched for a long time!
Yes it was taken off a few months ago I watched it as it kept saying last chance… first time I’d seen it and I really didn’t enjoy it compared with the US version!

Reactions: 2
Yes it was taken off a few months ago I watched it as it kept saying last chance… first time I’d seen it and I really didn’t enjoy it compared with the US version!
Ah dammit! I happened to catch the Christmas special of the UK version last night on Gold and thought it was quite good. The US version wins in my eyes though!

Reactions: 1
I end up going back to the beginning again when I finish the series. It does go downhill after season 7 but it's still watchable.
I just watched the episode in season 2 where Michael leaves alone on Halloween, sweeps the smashed pumpkin off his car and he's so sweet to the trick or treaters at his house. I feel so sad for him at times!
I'm not a major fan of the UK version. My partner loves it and think it's more subtly done.

Reactions: 5
The UK version is the definition of a perfect show for me and would trump the US version but I love them both for different reasons. I see the UK one as more of a documentary where David is actually like that as a person and the US one where Michael is playing a bit of an enhanced version of himself for the cameras. Both amazing but the subtleties of the UK version are just incredible and I think being from the UK and having once worked in an office makes it all that bit funnier.

• Heart
The bit at Jim's party in season 2 where Michael turns up and sings the duet himself 🥺 you can tell I'm spending my day off work well!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The UK version is the definition of a perfect show for me and would trump the US version but I love them both for different reasons. I see the UK one as more of a documentary where David is actually like that as a person and the US one where Michael is playing a bit of an enhanced version of himself for the cameras. Both amazing but the subtleties of the UK version are just incredible and I think being from the UK and having once worked in an office makes it all that bit funnier.
I feel exactly the same way.

You might appreciate this story, we were on a cruise ship once and we love quizes and trivias etc. We always use "Dunder Mifflin A Team" as our team name. Would you believe it when it came to the end we all swapped papers to mark them and the team we swapped with were "The Dead Parrots" We had a good laugh with that team! No one tried to throw a shoe over the ship though :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
My teen is currently working his way through the US series again! We've seen the whole series a few times. Still hands down my fave show. Just watched the episode where Michael runs Meredith over. Its just so, so funny.

The UK series is on Now TV if anyone is still looking for it. As is the US one which I've never noticed before, I always watch on Netflix.

Reactions: 1
Love it so much - it's up there with Friends as one I will binge-watch the entirety of at least once a year. Never thought I would like it until I was recommended it.

Some absolute classics are obviously the fire drill/dummy episode, the dinner party and threat level midnight. The one where they're watching Glee and Phyllis goes "Which one is Glee?" and Kelly is at her wit's end 😂

One scene that always has me howling is when they're doing parkour and Andy jumps off that ledge and goes straight through the box 🤣🤣

Kelly is one of my faves because she is just sooo ridiculous, "Yeah I have a lot of questions, number one, how dare you!"

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh I just love it. Another one who refused to watch it as I loved the UK one. Now I think it is my favourite series I've ever watched. And trying to get so many people to convert!

I'm on series 6 atm and there's so many heartwarming and emotional moments in this series.

I agree I didn't really enjoy the last 2 series, couldn't warm to any of the characters they brought in, but I LOVED and literally got goosebumps the first time the camera panned out and you see the film crew for the first time. Part of me wanted Pam to have a fling with the hot sound guy 🤭

Not enjoying the hate for Andy though, I really like him and I love his singing voice, but that's because I love The Lorax haha.

Another one here late to this. Absolutely love it and binge watching when I can. Have just got to where Toby returns now I understand the meme 😂

• Haha
yeah I agree, I only started watching the US one in lockdown, and while I prefer the british one by far as it seems really like a documentary and is sucha clever and realisitc concept for office life, the US one is basically a totally different show, more just like a general sitcome. Nothing like the other shambolic US remakes like the inbetweeners, shameless etc

Reactions: 2
Meredith's face when she gets run over. That is all.

Oh and every single Creed moment. Brilliant.

• Heart
  • Haha
OK so after posting on here the other day I had the urge to rewatch again, and I've just been reminded of one of the sweetest scenes that always makes me well up, and it's the scene from the episode with Pam's art show where Michael is one of the only ones to show up and is so amazed and supportive of her work that he buys the painting of the office.

It has to be one of my favourite scenes, it's so sweet and simple ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
One bit that always makes me cry is when Pam & Jim share earphones and Sing by Travis playing

And their proposal

And their wedding

Michael proposing to Holly

🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 7
OK so after posting on here the other day I had the urge to rewatch again, and I've just been reminded of one of the sweetest scenes that always makes me well up, and it's the scene from the episode with Pam's art show where Michael is one of the only ones to show up and is so amazed and supportive of her work that he buys the painting of the office.

It has to be one of my favourite scenes, it's so sweet and simple ❤
Agreed, it gets me every time 💔 when he says he’s really proud of her too 🥺

Everything about it is Perfectenshlag.

• Heart
One bit that always makes me cry is when Pam & Jim share earphones and Sing by Travis playing

And their proposal

And their wedding

Michael proposing to Holly

🥲
Agree except I don't like Michael's proposal 🙈

I love the episodes before Jim and Pam get together, there's something so real and relatable about it.

My partner just suggested we watch the US version again, little does he know I've already rewatched it about 3 times since we last watched it together 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Omg omg omg the fact o just saw these thread has made my night!!! I’ve easily watched the series about 30 times- no lie. It’s my absolute fave!!

I love when Jim dresses as Dwight.
I love Kevin. He’s so dopy. I love how proud he is when he keeps Oscar’s secret.
I love when Gabe tells Jim to work and he pranks Gabe with the audiobook phone call.
I love when Jim hides Nard’s phone in the ceiling 🤣
can’t stand Erin she irritates me.
I feel for Karen even though I wanted Jim with Pam.
When Stanley and Ryan go on the sales visit and Ryan wants the lead and he can’t stop saying ‘hi’

ah I love this show!!!

• Heart