The Night Stalker - netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BTK was another that terrified me. He actually worked on fitting house alarms. He broke into a woman's house one night and waited for her to come home but she decided to stay at a friend's house. He wrote a letter to the media telling her he waited all night on her. Chilling stuff. He actually featured on the last series of Mindhunter. The 70s and 80s was absolutely heaving with serial killers
Mindhunter is so good! I hope Fincher comes back to it. Those pics of Radar in those masks are nightmare fuel.

Reactions: 5
Yes and if anyone wants to creep themselves out forever google the golden state killer phone call recordings it’s scarred me for life his voice is creepy AF

Looking forward to the Elisa lam doc the video of her in the lift is all I really know about that case so interested to know more about it.
I just listened
I’m not sleeping tonight

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just watched this. Haven't slept as terrified I'm going to get murdered in my sleep.
We were broken in to back in August while upstairs sleeping so maybe not the best choice of programme for us but I couldn't stop watching

Reactions: 4
Didn't know there was a thread for this and glad there is as I feel the same after watching this documentary scared the BEEJESUS out of me!
I am a crime fan and while some topics are uncomfortable I am still intrigued to watch.
But my word the very fact there was no rhyme nor reason to his victims, age, gender, race didn’t matter and the way he would let some live.
I was having heart racing moments like seriously my heart pounded I assume with fear. I listened for every noise after and check and rechecked my doors as my husband works late.
This guy was just pure evil, can't imagine living through that time, home security didnt seem the best back then, a strong breeze could have blew the patio doors open that they all had.
I've watched it and glad its over 😂 the memories of his face have faded.

I'm looking forward to the Hotel Cecil documentary starting on netflix this week. Richard Ramirez stayed there for a while eek

I'm looking forward to the Hotel Cecil documentary starting on netflix this week. Richard Ramirez stayed there for a while eek
Did he😳 I don't know much about it other than people kept disappearing?
I known it's dropping on nextflix but seen a review saying its too much taking heads as in interview after interview and not much on the case. I'll still watch though.

Just while on the topic, anyone else worry that these shows looking at all the work of serial killers will somehow be influencing another one?
I mean crime shows have been around forever, unsolved mysteries, cold case etc but they were on the likes of ID, discovery, CBS but they are now dropping to a much wider audience on Netflix you don't need to search for them, the podcasts are huge aswell. Makes me nervous!

Reactions: 5
Just while on the topic, anyone else worry that these shows looking at all the work of serial killers will somehow be influencing another one?
I mean crime shows have been around forever, unsolved mysteries, cold case etc but they were on the likes of ID, discovery, CBS but they are now dropping to a much wider audience on Netflix you don't need to search for them, the podcasts are huge aswell. Makes me nervous!
Yes!
I think this all the time when I watch these kind of programmes and they go into depth of how it was done/how they tried covering the murder up etc and I think your basically telling us all how to do what they did on great depth!
Terrifying

Reactions: 3
Yes!
I think this all the time when I watch these kind of programmes and they go into depth of how it was done/how they tried covering the murder up etc and I think your basically telling us all how to do what they did on great depth!
Terrifying
Yes its like a step by step how to murder 🤦‍♀️ also the Netflix ones i feel kind of glorifies them in a way.

I’m glad I found this thread! I watched this after watching The Cecil Hotel and realising he had stayed there. (TCH was too long and quite interesting but how incompetent were the police?)
Anyway, I’m a big baby and tit myself making sure everything was locked before we watched NS and it did cause a few sleepless nights🙃
I too wanted to know more. I wanted to know when he had stayed at the hotel, why he would go all the way to San Fran - what was his connection there? Why he was so random with his selection? I couldn’t understand why they didn’t get him from his dentist appointment, was there no address for him? So many more questions!

I started this and turned it off I wasn’t really interested in the cops marriage and stories from random people that were not there.

There’s a documentary on discovery plus called Horror at the Cecil hotel. One episode is about the night stalker and a murderer journalist who also stayed at the hotel. Much more interesting.

I started this and turned it off I wasn’t really interested in the cops marriage and stories from random people that were not there.

There’s a documentary on discovery plus called Horror at the Cecil hotel. One episode is about the night stalker and a murderer journalist who also stayed at the hotel. Much more interesting.
Thanks @Its_Me ⭐ That sounds just what I was looking for 🤗

Reactions: 1

I was the same watching it....couldn't understand why they were talking to the wife of a police guy? What was the purpose? I was bored! I was interested in the crime and how it was solved, not stupid nonsense that was irrelevant. It was almost more of a show about the police rather than the criminal.

Is this online anywhere? It sounds good

Is this online anywhere? It sounds good
Just had a look for you if you can get discovery plus app on your tv, ipad or phone you can do a 7 day free trial. It’s on SkyQ though if you have it.

I was the same watching it....couldn't understand why they were talking to the wife of a police guy? What was the purpose? I was bored! I was interested in the crime and how it was solved, not stupid nonsense that was irrelevant. It was almost more of a show about the police rather than the criminal.
I feel this a Netflix thing, just like the girl in the tank could have been one episode as it is on Horror at the Hotel Cecil, they pack everything out with pointless tit like the freaks that were obsessed with her disappearance.

Last edited:
Just had a look for you if you can get discovery plus app on your tv, ipad or phone you can do a 7 day free trial. It’s on SkyQ though if you have it.

I feel this a Netflix thing, just like the girl in the tank could have been one episode as it is on Horror at the Hotel Cecil, they pack everything out with pointless tit like the freaks that were obsessed with her disappearance.
God did you ever watch 'Don't duck with cats' ? Was the same kind of thing too.. so annoying!

Reactions: 3
Oh yes, I had the rage at that one too. So much nonsense that is irrelevant! I've just watched Murder among the Mormons which wasn't too bad actually in terms of nonsense but then started the evil genius bank heist one which irritated me within the first 5 minutes so I've given it a miss when I saw how many episodes there were. I'd rather read up on it from Wikipedia than put myself through hours of mindless watching 🙄