The Night Stalker - netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched this a couple of nights ago and I’ve been thinking about it ever since!!! Terrifying 😢😢 did anyone else watch?

Reactions: 9
I watched this a couple of nights ago and I’ve been thinking about it ever since!!! Terrifying 😢😢 did anyone else watch?
Watched it over the past two nights. What an absolute sicko. I wanted to know how he was selecting his victims, they never did clear that up. I also wonder why he accessed that sheriff's house but never went any further.

We are on a bit of a true crime run at the moment as we watched The Ripper over the two previous nights. Going to try An Innocent Man tonight.

Reactions: 4
I watch all murder type documentaries and if im being honest I’ve become desensitised to it..but this really really scared me!! Can you imagine living in that area in that period of time? It’s crazy xxx

Reactions: 9
I watch all murder type documentaries and if im being honest I’ve become desensitised to it..but this really really scared me!! Can you imagine living in that area in that period of time? It’s crazy xxx
Oh my goodness exactly how I felt too!! It honestly really freaked me out- the photos of him are just terrifying and also the randomness of his victims really meant it could happen to anyone. Just awful!

Watched it over the past two nights. What an absolute sicko. I wanted to know how he was selecting his victims, they never did clear that up. I also wonder why he accessed that sheriff's house but never went any further.

We are on a bit of a true crime run at the moment as we watched The Ripper over the two previous nights. Going to try An Innocent Man tonight.
There was no pattern, he just picked at random. I think he backed away from the sherriffs house because it wasnt easy for him. He went for houses that were easy to break into, open windows etc. He was a coward and generally got rid of the men while they were sleeping, he must have heard they were awake and backed off.

Reactions: 6
The ending was actually quite uplifting when he got caught. I didnt realise that was how he got caught. Also didn't know he was abducting kids during the night and abusing them

Reactions: 8
The ending was actually quite uplifting when he got caught. I didnt realise that was how he got caught. Also didn't know he was abducting kids during the night and abusing them
I didnt know about the abductions either, his capture was pure karma. I loved that community coming together to catch him.

Reactions: 11
I started to watch this and had to go check all the my doors and Windows were locked 5 minutes into it. The whole thing freaked me out!

I had no knowledge of these murders and I only started watching the programme today because it was popular on Netflix..was fascinating in a horrible way..like others have said, the killings were so random...

Not many like the Night Stalker, thankfully. They didn’t know who he was going to target next and to me that’s the most terrifying part.

Reactions: 5
I used to scare myself silly reading about him when I waslittle. I wish there'd been a bit of coverage about the trial in the programme as it was interesting but appreciate the programme came to a natural end at his capture. Very unusual for a serial killer - I hope there is never one like him again. I looked up some interview footage of him afterwards but he only rambles memorized bits of texts.

Reactions: 1
This scared me loads mostly because of the randomness of his victims- when I go down to make a bottle for baby in the night I tit myself every time and run so fast back to the bedroom 😂

I also watched a sky crime doc recently called “I’ll be gone in the dark” which was also terrifying but not sure it’s on demand, that is about the golden state killer and he also got away with it for a long time.

Back to Richard Ramirez, not sure if anyone’s seen AHS but he was portrayed in the 1984 season! It took us until the end of the documentary to realise!

This scared me loads mostly because of the randomness of his victims- when I go down to make a bottle for baby in the night I tit myself every time and run so fast back to the bedroom 😂

I also watched a sky crime doc recently called “I’ll be gone in the dark” which was also terrifying but not sure it’s on demand, that is about the golden state killer and he also got away with it for a long time.

Back to Richard Ramirez, not sure if anyone’s seen AHS but he was portrayed in the 1984 season! It took us until the end of the documentary to realise!
The golden state killer was also called the Original Nightstalker. There's another true crime documentary starting on netflix soon about Elisa Lam and the Cecil Hotel

Reactions: 3
I saw some of his artwork and letters in the Museum Of Death, if you were female and wrote to him he requested feet pics. I always remember that haha

• Sick
The golden state killer was also called the Original Nightstalker. There's another true crime documentary starting on netflix soon about Elisa Lam and the Cecil Hotel
Yes and if anyone wants to creep themselves out forever google the golden state killer phone call recordings it’s scarred me for life his voice is creepy AF

Looking forward to the Elisa lam doc the video of her in the lift is all I really know about that case so interested to know more about it.

Reactions: 3
Yes and if anyone wants to creep themselves out forever google the golden state killer phone call recordings it’s scarred me for life his voice is creepy AF

Looking forward to the Elisa lam doc the video of her in the lift is all I really know about that case so interested to know more about it.
So creepy, I listened on headphones one night and couldn’t sleep. Home invasions are my worst fear.
The Cecil hotel doc will be great, Ramirez stayed there too mid 80s.

Reactions: 2
I watched this a few weeks ago. It was terrifying! I was going round checking the front and back doors were locked.
I read once he was caught, he said that he selected the houses by trying the doors and windows. If they were open or unlocked he saw that as an invite! What I thought was so odd was that people in the area left their doors unlocked knowing he was going about!

Reactions: 5
I watched this a few weeks ago. It was terrifying! I was going round checking the front and back doors were locked.
I read once he was caught, he said that he selected the houses by trying the doors and windows. If they were open or unlocked he saw that as an invite! What I thought was so odd was that people in the area left their doors unlocked knowing he was going about!
That was actually Richard Chase who said that. I’ve been saying for years always lock your door and windows because of Richard Chase.

BTK was another that terrified me. He actually worked on fitting house alarms. He broke into a woman's house one night and waited for her to come home but she decided to stay at a friend's house. He wrote a letter to the media telling her he waited all night on her. Chilling stuff. He actually featured on the last series of Mindhunter. The 70s and 80s was absolutely heaving with serial killers

Reactions: 2