Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LouBug19

VIP Member
Anyone know how many episodes in total this series has? I hope they don't leave it on a cliffhanger of not finding out how all the couples end up
Tonight is 5/6 according to tv guide. I hope we find out what happens too, I need to know about Matt and Maria!

Reactions: 2

Catt

I'm hoping with all my heart that Matt & Maria get married and have a happy life. Imo, they seem like one of the very few genuine couples on any of these types of programmes I've watched.

So what if Matt brings Maria to the UK and agrees to send money back to her family in the Philippines - some people in those countries are living in dire poverty. He may only have a minimum wage job, but if Maria worked too when she got here, and they could send a few £s a week, that few £s could mean a hell of a lot to someone living in terrible conditions. I know I'd be more than happy to do that for my partner's family if circumstances were similar.

At least they do both seem to be sincere re their affections, and they both seem lovely. No scamming on either end detected from my POV.

I'm certainly no Mother Teresa myself, but I've often thought, I'd love to find a family in one of these poorer countries to donate a few £s to regularly - the price we spend on a coffee per day/week would probably mean a fortune to some of them. The thing that puts me off is that money donated usually goes through charities, and I don't trust most charities. The world is surely ill-divided. And it's not fair. 😟
The show showed them getting married

Reactions: 2

Mark81

VIP Member
There is all some form of power imbalance between them (e.g. money, lifestyle quality) but the American one interests me as there is no obvious need to improve their lives.

Reactions: 1

Kerrie86

VIP Member
I’ve watched the last episode now. Leah drives a nice looking Merc but doesn’t own a bed? 😳

And I still think Matt is a wrong’un. I can understand his parents not able to travel to the wedding for health reasons but his brother? And to not have one single friend? Even if you’re shy and don’t go out, it’s quite easy to build friendships online. Odd.
I noticed the car. I must admit, it did just make me assume she was more bothered about looking good, but wanted a sugar daddy to pay for all her furniture. Either that or she’d only just moved, but even so you’d surely have stuff you could bring with you! I wonder if they bought the mattress from ikea too, can’t see that fitting in the back of her fancy car.

Maybe Matt’s family couldn’t afford it, it’s not the most affluent of areas is it and I can’t imagine you’d get cheap flights. Not like they can stay with the in laws either.

Reactions: 1

Kimmylookatme

Chatty Member
Im confused - tonight’s seems to be a repeat of the last one where Matt and Maria met for the first time? Damn it I was excited 😂

Debzz9

Anyone know how many episodes in total this series has? I hope they don't leave it on a cliffhanger of not finding out how all the couples end up

MissJoT

Surely no one actually lives like Leah. I wonder if she thought C4 might think "Oh shit this looks bad we'd better get some furniture" so purposely made it grim.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Channel 4 should have let us watch all 6 episodes in one go. Just watched 5 that airs next Friday.

This other age gap pairing is creepy too but at least they are both adults.