Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
The woman in India is creeping me out. I know he lied about his age but Jay looks young and acts young, it’s grooming. Can’t believe his parents waved him off happily too 😳

Reactions: 18

Willow9999

Must admit I’m side eyeing C4 and whoever the production company is allow a 17 year old to partake in this. Surely 18 should b the minimum. There’s no way he’s emotionally mature enough or savvy enough to fully comprehend what he’s signs up for and the exposure that comes with it. Imagine the stick he’ll be getting?
I would hate to think the decisions I made at 17 were broadcast for the world to see and I was street smart with far more life experience than he seems to have had. Feels all manner of wrong to me

Reactions: 13

Bubble12

I found the whole thing a bit bizarre. I’ve seen the preview for episode 3 where the Indian lady is crying saying he’s the one. He’s so young! Cannot see it working.

Reactions: 12

Kimmylookatme

Chatty Member
I agree Sarah seems very vulnerable. Jay is waaay too young to be doing this and I also can’t believe his parents were even semi OK with it. Veena seems nice but I do agree if the genders were reversed there would be a lot more outrage.

Reactions: 11

Catt

I find these shows so interesting. Why on earth is the girl giving the Dubai guy a chance after chance. Waste of time he won’t change

Reactions: 11

Lindssdnil

Yep, I watched. I think the guy in the Philippines is just after sex. And the Indian girl’s family are gonna scare the young lad to death 🙈
It’s crazy the double standards! If it was a older guy talking to a younger girl the other side of the world people would be going crazy!

Reactions: 10

AT_16

the woman with the 17 year old is a n0nc3, there is no argument about it. How on earth has this been put on TV? and where on earth are his parents?! absolutely vile.

Reactions: 10

pipp3000

I do think it's a bit of a 90 day fiancee rip off but 90 day fiancee UK version is so terribly forced and scripted with the conversations they have and the channel 4 production team does it so much better!

I do not know how they let an under 18 on the show and flew him out to India - this could backfire on C4.

The Nigerian guy gives hushpuppi vibes (the influencer who was living it large on istagram and turned out he was a fraudster), very disrespectful to her especially turning up late and not meeting her when she flew out with her sister previously. She deserves better than that.

Sarah seemed quite stressed in the Phillipines, she didn't seem happy there

Reactions: 9
was hoping there was a thread on here about this wtf is with that 27 year old Indian girl and 17 yo CHILD they even said its not legal in India there relationship hence the separate rooms! and how long was they talking for before was it 2 years???? so when he was 15... disgusting how can channel 4 allow this!

Mark81

VIP Member
Am I the only one who gets the ick from Matt & Maria?

He’s just giving me incel vibes, still living with his parents in his 30s and have them do everything for him 🤢

She seems very sweet but I get the feeling she’s married him to move to the UK and make better money to provide for her family. Knowing she’s worked as a maid in Saudi and one of her sisters was leaving to do the same, they will have been treated like shit there so she’s probably relieved to have found a better way to support her family.
I wouldn't say incel as that has a very negative connection and I don't think he has displayed anything like that. But I do think he is shy, very innocent and social awkward. And completely agree she is after a better life/support for family but is also quite innocent. They are solving eachothers problems but with affection there.

It's a different vibe to the other couples

Mark81

VIP Member
I think Matt and Marie are the answers to eachothers problems, but I also think there is genuine affection there too.

Shelby19

I've been watching this and finding it really interesting although the 17 year old with the woman 10 years his senior is really uncomfortable viewing and I'm struggling to fathom how Jay's parents could ever agree to the trip taking place. I caught up on episode 2 last night and kept thinking thank god the TV crew are there because if they weren't, I dread to think what more uncomfortable situations he'd be put in. Not only is it entirely inappropriate for Jay to be in this relationship, he doesn't seem to be too into her either now they've met face to face, and seems to be bringing the age gap up quite a lot, so it's as though he's realised she's too old for him, but now has to endure the trip.

I feel really sad for Sarah, she seems really vulnerable.

I hope Channel 4 have given them plenty of support.

Livxxx

What a waste of time that was, filming Leah and Chad! Also not having food in for them, having to get a bed. Grow the F up Leah!!!

I was shedding a few tears for Matt and Maria getting married. So happy for them
Agreed! The fact she seemed to just hoover her empty flat and thought that was all the preparation that was needed was so embarrassing. Wouldn’t you want him to feel super welcome, especially when he’s got his daughter in tow and it might be strange/awkward for her? Having somewhere to sleep comfortably and food in the fridge is like the bare minimum when you’re hosting 😂

I think the smirk constantly plastered on her face says it all. It’s just all a big experimental joke to her, which isn’t ok when he’s clearly very into her and has the additional complication of a teenage daughter to think about.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
I watched the third episode today and can't quite understand how they found the 38 year old from Warrington and how he would agree to go on TV show if he is so shy.

I agree the guy in Dubai is so disrespectful to the poor lady (can't remember their names at this late hour). He bought his friend / cousin to their first meeting and didn't even introduce him, not to mention turning up 90 minutes late. I do hope she dumps his sorry butt and hot foots it back to UK.
I've watched episode 3 too. It's so odd seeing a grown woman saying she loves a 17 year old boy and all the marriage talk.

Reactions: 8

im_like_an_adult_cat

I thought Sarah washing Ngoy (that's definitely not how it was spelt, but the Philippines guy!) in the bath was a big ick! He kept calling her mummy and has admitted he wants a mother figure to look after him! I think she's secretly hoping he doesn't get his visa and can end it over the phone!

Reactions: 7

LouBug19

VIP Member
Leah just wants to have fun lets be honest... Chad is attractive to look at but his voice!

busylass

Chatty Member
I agree, he’s 17 and seems really shy and reserved so that was crazy. I think she should’ve met him at the airport alone but maybe in her culture/country that isn’t ok? I’m not sure.
---

I know they broke up when she found out he’d lied about his age (did they say how long they stopped talking?) but I’ve no idea why they got back together. Well I’ve no idea why she did! If someone lied to me about their age like that (making me a criminal!) I wouldn’t forgive them and it’ll never work out at those different life stages any way.
---

Yes! I think 90DF is only on paid for channels? So obviously channel 4 have seen they can get a load of viewers who only have free view etc but who would love 90DF. I think they’ve made it a little bit different by the person from England travelling to them, all the 90DF I’ve seen the person from the other country travels to America.
Agreed. The 17 year old situation makes me really uncomfortable. He’s so out of his depth and his parents are encouraging him. I hate the way they keep talking about how he’s under the age of consent. Like they’re counting down till he’s 18.

Catt

Agreed! The fact she seemed to just hoover her empty flat and thought that was all the preparation that was needed was so embarrassing. Wouldn’t you want him to feel super welcome, especially when he’s got his daughter in tow and it might be strange/awkward for her? Having somewhere to sleep comfortably and food in the fridge is like the bare minimum when you’re hosting 😂

I think the smirk constantly plastered on her face says it all. It’s just all a big experimental joke to her, which isn’t ok when he’s clearly very into her and has the additional complication of a teenage daughter to think about.
yep it was a long way to go for them then get treated like that. Leah is very immature

Reactions: 6

Pilatesgirl

VIP Member
I watched the third episode today and can't quite understand how they found the 38 year old from Warrington and how he would agree to go on TV show if he is so shy.

I agree the guy in Dubai is so disrespectful to the poor lady (can't remember their names at this late hour). He bought his friend / cousin to their first meeting and didn't even introduce him, not to mention turning up 90 minutes late. I do hope she dumps his sorry butt and hot foots it back to UK.

Reactions: 6