Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sketchy

VIP Member
I'm hoping with all my heart that Matt & Maria get married and have a happy life. Imo, they seem like one of the very few genuine couples on any of these types of programmes I've watched.

So what if Matt brings Maria to the UK and agrees to send money back to her family in the Philippines - some people in those countries are living in dire poverty. He may only have a minimum wage job, but if Maria worked too when she got here, and they could send a few £s a week, that few £s could mean a hell of a lot to someone living in terrible conditions. I know I'd be more than happy to do that for my partner's family if circumstances were similar.

At least they do both seem to be sincere re their affections, and they both seem lovely. No scamming on either end detected from my POV.

I'm certainly no Mother Teresa myself, but I've often thought, I'd love to find a family in one of these poorer countries to donate a few £s to regularly - the price we spend on a coffee per day/week would probably mean a fortune to some of them. The thing that puts me off is that money donated usually goes through charities, and I don't trust most charities. The world is surely ill-divided. And it's not fair. 😟

Reactions: 7

busylass

Chatty Member
I agree, he’s 17 and seems really shy and reserved so that was crazy. I think she should’ve met him at the airport alone but maybe in her culture/country that isn’t ok? I’m not sure.
---

I know they broke up when she found out he’d lied about his age (did they say how long they stopped talking?) but I’ve no idea why they got back together. Well I’ve no idea why she did! If someone lied to me about their age like that (making me a criminal!) I wouldn’t forgive them and it’ll never work out at those different life stages any way.
---

Yes! I think 90DF is only on paid for channels? So obviously channel 4 have seen they can get a load of viewers who only have free view etc but who would love 90DF. I think they’ve made it a little bit different by the person from England travelling to them, all the 90DF I’ve seen the person from the other country travels to America.
Agreed. The 17 year old situation makes me really uncomfortable. He’s so out of his depth and his parents are encouraging him. I hate the way they keep talking about how he’s under the age of consent. Like they’re counting down till he’s 18.

Reactions: 7

Asterix

I've not watched the last episode yet but when Leah said she'd met Chad through a dating site for older men, all I could think was sugar baby.
Absolute ick with the Indian woman and the English boy.

I need to rewatch it all from the start, my brain is now wired to binge a series and I can't keep concentration over weeks of drip feed.

Reactions: 6

Pilatesgirl

VIP Member
I watched the third episode today and can't quite understand how they found the 38 year old from Warrington and how he would agree to go on TV show if he is so shy.

I agree the guy in Dubai is so disrespectful to the poor lady (can't remember their names at this late hour). He bought his friend / cousin to their first meeting and didn't even introduce him, not to mention turning up 90 minutes late. I do hope she dumps his sorry butt and hot foots it back to UK.

Blahblahblahblah

Just finished the series….
Leah….. sighhhhh, infuriating. Only 2 months she was talking to Chad and they decided to meet, that seems quick to me. Did they also make poor Bailee sleep on the floor while she and Chad were in a plush new bed?! She couldn’t even be bothered buying them staple food after they flew over to see them, no furniture. It’s almost like she didn’t want them there? Also buy some actual trousers

also Jay is planning to move to India?!? He really seemed to HATE it while he was there. Not to mention he would starve as he only eats pizza and chicken nuggets 🤣

• Haha

Catfan2

Chatty Member
I’m watching this and enjoying it. Red flags for all of them so far. I would say to Jay: run! The family in India have more or less married them off already. The guy in the Phillipines is revolting, just wants to get his leg over. And as for the one in Dubai, absolutely not, so unreliable!

orangehead

VIP Member
Is anyone watching the nevermets on channel 4? The premise is basically 90 day fiancé.

I hope there’s some other couples introducing other episodes because the first episode was just two couples but it is interesting so far.

newaroundhere123

Agreed. The 17 year old situation makes me really uncomfortable. He’s so out of his depth and his parents are encouraging him. I hate the way they keep talking about how he’s under the age of consent. Like they’re counting down till he’s 18.
it's icky at best, if you're waiting for your partner to age out, you're still a p33do - intent is there, it's gross. I'm shocked at the leeway his parents are letting him have. I'm all for not coddling your kids and letting them be independent but sending him off to a groomer the other side of the world seems a bit extreme.

The girl meeting the guy in Dubai, I think she's had her head turned by his flashy insta, that could literally be anyones car he's posing with - she needs a nice guy not some asshat who thinks his aliexpress 'designer' bag makes him all that

I hope Sarah is ok, despite her conversation with her brother making me deeply uncomfortable - I don't think anyones brother needs to hear about how they're going to get it tbh 🥴

newaroundhere123

the woman with the 17 year old is a n0nc3, there is no argument about it. How on earth has this been put on TV? and where on earth are his parents?! absolutely vile.
100%! I know some will argue he lied, but when she found out and broke up with him why did she THEN go back, gross! If this was the other way around and it was a man with a 15 / 17 year old girl there would be absolute uproar.

Mark81

VIP Member
Although the age gap is problematic, I don't think the 17 year old has been groomed. There's no real evidence of that. Just because there's the age gap it doesn't also automatically mean she groomed him as well. He seemed too surprised by the rush to marriage, and was also quite comfortable/confident to not go along with it and speak his mind.

I think the cultural differences in relationships and marriage were stark.

Sketchy

VIP Member
Can't help thinking if I was Leah, meeting someone's friends for dinner for the very first time, I'd have worn a pair of leggings instead of those shorter-than-short shorts. At one point I thought they were just a pair of big knickers.

Matthew & Marie. ❤ I'm really rooting for this pair. I think they're both lovely, and most importantly, genuine.

orangehead

VIP Member
I found the whole thing a bit bizarre. I’ve seen the preview for episode 3 where the Indian lady is crying saying he’s the one. He’s so young! Cannot see it working.
I don’t know how she has continued this relationship, he lied to her in a serious way, he’s too young, he’s not the right match for her, he will be scared by her family, he’s too immature (not in a bad way) for her life plans. I think they should’ve stayed friends and writing partners and I suspect she is pushing through with it and rushing everything to escape her family and be able to come and live in England away from them. Which I absolutely don’t blame her for but she’s going about it the wrong way and it’s not fair on jay so I don’t condone it.

Reactions: 5

Helya

I'm 27 and wtf would I have in common with a 17 year old? Yes you can have similar interests but you're at a completely different stage in your life. She even acknowledged that this at the beginning. She's such a weirdo, people like her can't attract people within her age range so they take advantage of younger people

Catfan2

Chatty Member
What a waste of time that was, filming Leah and Chad! Also not having food in for them, having to get a bed. Grow the F up Leah!!!

I was shedding a few tears for Matt and Maria getting married. So happy for them
I really cringed at this - how can you have people come to stay and not have anywhere for them to sleep! And they had to buy their own sandwiches! I bet Chad’s daughter thinks what a lucky escape. Leah is far too immature and selfish and I bet Chad realises that now.
Matt and Maria - so sweet. I had some tears too. They had been talking for 3 years I believe so plenty of time to establish a connection.
---
I thought Sarah washing Ngoy (that's definitely not how it was spelt, but the Philippines guy!) in the bath was a big ick! He kept calling her mummy and has admitted he wants a mother figure to look after him! I think she's secretly hoping he doesn't get his visa and can end it over the phone!
He gives me the heebie jeebies! Revolting. Can’t see that one working out.

Kelly1822

Omg Leah! I’m a bit sad for Chad actually. After speaking to him, then telling him there was another guy involved, then saying forget the other guy I wanna move forward with you. To then saying she’s not ready. Whaaaaatttt? No bed in the house. No food. Strange.

Rocketllama

Chatty Member
Leah is an absolute embarrassment!! Imagine making a man fly 4000 miles to not even bother to buy food or drinks and to make him build flat pack 🤦🏻‍♀️ she was just stringing him along

Sarah and Jgoy was just unbearable to watch, all he wanted was a mummy figure and she was just so insecure and desperate for love, I felt so bad for her.

Jay and Veena were so wrong on so many levels, he needs to get as far from her as he can!

Matt and Maria and so lovely and his family seem so supportive of them 🥹 so glad it all worked out. I need more updates on them tho!! 🤣