The Neurodiversity Thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was 33 when I had an ND child, but my MIL was only 19 and her son is quite frankly the most autistic person I know!
Age certainly does correlate with degradation of egg quality but I think a lot of it has to do with genetics

Reactions: 5
Not saying that parents age is the reason, but there is a theory that there is a correlation between the average age of parents getting older and children being nd / sen .

I was under 23 and have a potentially adhd child currently going through assessments.

Reactions: 1
My mum was 28, and I have both ADHD and ASD.

I have been known to (jokingly) blame Chernobyl, since I was born in February 1986. Although I've also (even more jokingly) "blamed" it for my bisexuality.

Reactions: 1
I read something that older parents are more likely to have nd children and that was given as a reason for the rise in nd cases . My parents were older when they had me.
I also read some articles/scholarly journals that implied it is more the age of the father (sperm quality) than the mother and that an age gap between the parents (with the father being the older one) of about ten years can be a factor sometimes. Everyone in my family who is ND (quite a few including me lol so I believe being ND is generally way more likely in my family regardless of parental age) has parents where at least one parent (usually the father) was over 40 (usually the mother is younger by a decade) when the ND child was born. I think it's interesting.