The Naked Doula

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rant incoming, sorry guys. But wondering if anyone else sees this.

Something i don’t see mentioned enough but which I think needs to be talked about more, is how unhelpful her and the hypnobirthing movement are for women’s mental health. Particularly the way they speak about and label trauma. I get that if you feel traumatised, then that’s trauma, but they really do push that it’s “ok” to feel traumatised even if you had a “good” birth. It is but also maybe not having everything you wanted exactly how you want all the time isn’t traumatic (eg. people who would say the sole trauma in their birth is that they were given pain or couldn’t give birth in water) they also push that anything other than a home/natural/water birth is traumatic for mother and baby.

I just feel that it’s become so normalised, and it’s partly due to people like this, that women should feel tit about their births if it doesn’t reach a ridiculous almost unachievable standard, even if objectively it was good (they’re ok, baby’s ok, no severe issues, haemorrhages etc. They got to hold their baby and have skin to skin after birth, they could have visitors etc). And they really do feel tit about it sometimes, because these people tell them they should.
Yes and there are still plenty of people who have traumatic "natural" births, unplanned home births, issues w/ baby even after water birth.
Not sure about the pushing of people to feel tit about their births though..just because mum isn't physically "damaged" or baby doesn't mean trauma didn't occur..e.g. psychologically from poor care/ delayed treatment etc..I think trauma comes in different forms for people.

Reactions: 6
I think c section.
In her q&a she said she’d have chosen a c section over an instrumental birth. Felt like she was sewing the seeds.

also feel like if she’d had a vbac she’d be talking about how different the recovery feels and the “magical” crowning moment. She’s acknowledging it was hard and didn’t go to plan a lot. So I think if it was a vbac she’d say “but my body knew what to do” or some bollocks.

Reactions: 4
Rant incoming, sorry guys. But wondering if anyone else sees this.

Something i don’t see mentioned enough but which I think needs to be talked about more, is how unhelpful her and the hypnobirthing movement are for women’s mental health. Particularly the way they speak about and label trauma. I get that if you feel traumatised, then that’s trauma, but they really do push that it’s “ok” to feel traumatised even if you had a “good” birth. It is but also maybe not having everything you wanted exactly how you want all the time isn’t traumatic (eg. people who would say the sole trauma in their birth is that they were given pain or couldn’t give birth in water) they also push that anything other than a home/natural/water birth is traumatic for mother and baby.

I just feel that it’s become so normalised, and it’s partly due to people like this, that women should feel tit about their births if it doesn’t reach a ridiculous almost unachievable standard, even if objectively it was good (they’re ok, baby’s ok, no severe issues, haemorrhages etc. They got to hold their baby and have skin to skin after birth, they could have visitors etc). And they really do feel tit about it sometimes, because these people tell them they should.
Personally I think trauma is really individual and one persons bad experience is another persons PTSD but I do agree that hypnobirthing is responsible for a lot of negative birth experiences. I know a girl who was absolutely taken in by hypnobirthing to the point where she wouldn’t even take paracetamol when she went into slow labour and ended up being admitted to hospital against her wishes after 5 days of painful contractions she was trying to manage by squeezing a comb into her hand 🥴 eventually ended up with an emergency C section 8 days after labour starting because she tried to refuse everything in the hospital too as it wasn’t “in her birth plan”. After the fact she recognises that she should have been more open to things and that hypnobirthing has some useful bits but it isn’t the be all and end all that it’s made out to be.

also if I see one more sodding tiktok of that bloody hypnobirthing woman going “birth doesn’t have to hurt!” I’m going to reach through my screen and wring her neck 😂

Reactions: 8
Personally I think trauma is really individual and one persons bad experience is another persons PTSD but I do agree that hypnobirthing is responsible for a lot of negative birth experiences. I know a girl who was absolutely taken in by hypnobirthing to the point where she wouldn’t even take paracetamol when she went into slow labour and ended up being admitted to hospital against her wishes after 5 days of painful contractions she was trying to manage by squeezing a comb into her hand 🥴 eventually ended up with an emergency C section 8 days after labour starting because she tried to refuse everything in the hospital too as it wasn’t “in her birth plan”. After the fact she recognises that she should have been more open to things and that hypnobirthing has some useful bits but it isn’t the be all and end all that it’s made out to be.

also if I see one more sodding tiktok of that bloody hypnobirthing woman going “birth doesn’t have to hurt!” I’m going to reach through my screen and wring her neck 😂
What did she refuse that led to her requiring a C-section though? The baby is going to come out vaginally if it’s going to come out vaginally regardless of taking any pain relief or monitoring. The woman you know would’ve ended up having a C-section anyway. Sounds like she managed the pain quite well tbh. Not sure about being admitted to hospital against her wishes either unless she was sectioned for some reason?
The hypnobirthing movement does have a lot to answer for.

Reactions: 3
Still withholding BUT she said in a story the other day that she “wasn’t able to breathe my baby out” so teasing that she didn’t get her vbac.

She’s sold tickets to her birth story in May via the app.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
She’s gotta be the first woman to ever do this.

It’s so weird!
To be fair I dislike her and think she’s a twit, but she’s clever (as far as grifting and social media marketing and graphics at least) and people fall for it. Honestly what have we come to that someone like her can turn her failed self promoting vbac that never was into a money spinner

Reactions: 7
I just feel so much for the poor midwives who are short staffed, under equipped and under paid having to deal with her spreading her utter tit and having to deal with it. One of my cousins friends has resigned from being a midwife as its to much stress and she isn’t making enough money and had a second job! Its sad to see and this idiot just makes a mockery of their hardwork

‘I was LOVING every sensation. I couldn’t get enough!’ Oh f**k off!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Im not sure how she claims her contractions “mirrored what she knew as more advanced labour” when she’s never experienced labour? She says they were sporadic and she wasn’t dilating so she was clearly just in early labour? Which is maybe why she was loving every second of it, because early labour is pretty manageable???

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Im not sure how she claims her contractions “mirrored what she knew as more advanced labour” when she’s never experienced labour? She says they were sporadic and she wasn’t dilating so she was clearly just in early labour? Which is maybe why she was loving every second of it, because early labour is pretty manageable???
100%! I remember being about 3cm and doing my breathing thinking this is ok, I can do this. An hour later I was asking for an epidural

• Haha
100%! I remember being about 3cm and doing my breathing thinking this is ok, I can do this. An hour later I was asking for an epidural
Haha relatable! I find labour absolutely fine up until transition, the second I start feel pushy I’m like no thank you I think I won’t actually give birth today 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She craves the admiration of her fans for having gone through an unmedicated, unassisted blah blah blah labour. She’s not about to let a pesky little thing like the “truth” to get in her way 😉

Reactions: 8
I can tell she’s trying to put a super positive spin on it but she must be absolutely gutted about it really. She’s preached and preached about this home birth before she even got pregnant, she was going to smile through contractions and breathe her baby out. I think she never expected in a million years that she wouldn’t give birth vaginally because she thought she was so much superior and had all this amazing knowledge. I would have much more respect for her if she just owned it and said “you know what, it was really tit and I’m gutted it ended this way” rather than still trying to make out that all of her methods really helped her

Reactions: 18
D0F0C378-E8F4-43FB-B0BC-38E6AF664824.jpeg
Imagine your first thought being this after your waters going and seeing meconium. Not ‘I hope my baby is ok’ or ‘I can’t wait to meet him/her’ but about being a statistic. She’s a dangerous nutcase

Reactions: 13
L
View attachment 2150999Imagine your first thought being this after your waters going and seeing meconium. Not ‘I hope my baby is ok’ or ‘I can’t wait to meet him/her’ but about being a statistic. She’s a dangerous nutcase
Horrific.

She really is very very dangerous.
---
Imagine all hospitals on a busy September having to deal with clowns like this whilst handling actual emergencies.

She fucling infuriates me. Absolute selfish narc.

Last edited:
If a woman wrote to her and said ‘I had obstructed labour’ she would reply there’s no such thing your baby is the perfect size for you blah blah blah
I hope now she realises that it doesn’t always work out!!!

• Heart