The late abortion jail sentence case

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly. And if you call it in and suspect someone’s having a miscarriage to the point you clearly care enough. Why do they let her convince them she’s not pregnant, was she alone? It seems an area they are keeping quiet. They would be able to trace it.

Reactions: 1
Exactly. And if you call it in and suspect someone’s having a miscarriage to the point you clearly care enough. Why do they let her convince them she’s not pregnant, was she alone? It seems an area they are keeping quiet. They would be able to trace it.
When this service was announced charities and organisations immediately voiced concerns that in situations of Dv and abuse women and teenage girls could be forced to take the pills

I’m not saying that’s what’s happened it’s just made me think why is that key part left out

The second call wasn’t made by the mother I think either so 2 calls made by somebody to get an ambulance, to call the second time they must have been in house or spoke to her on phone surely?

Reactions: 3
When this service was announced charities and organisations immediately voiced concerns that in situations of Dv and abuse women and teenage girls could be forced to take the pills

I’m not saying that’s what’s happened it’s just made me think why is that key part left out

The second call wasn’t made by the mother I think either so 2 calls made by somebody to get an ambulance, to call the second time they must have been in house or spoke to her on phone surely?
Even more so with it being lockdown at the time.

Reactions: 2
I think it’s a bit of a cop out to blame it on lockdown, we went into lock down March 2020. She took the drugs May 2020.

She had from October 2019 to March 2020 without any restrictions or lockdowns in place, when she must have known she was pregnant and could have done legally done something about it.

Reactions: 7
I think it’s a bit of a cop out to blame it on lockdown, we went into lock down March 2020. She took the drugs May 2020.

She had from October 2019 to March 2020 without any restrictions or lockdowns in place, when she must have known she was pregnant and could have done legally done something about it.
You’re missing the point, lockdown meant the rules changed which enable her to access the pills without being seen in person and enabled her to claim she was much earlier in her pregnancy. If you’re referring to my previous post, I’m referencing to the fact someone called the ambulance and was likely with her when they arrived as it was lockdown therefore unlikely to be able to go anywhere.

Reactions: 5
It makes my blood boil seeing so many opinion pieces and comments in the wake of this case about "we shouldn't push to legalise abortion because it could backfire and women could lose rights." Women should never be dependent on men, or governments, for the right to control their own bodies. Especially because making abortion legal by default is a separate issue from the legal limit

Also saw an article mention a case in which a woman had committed suicide by jumping under a train whilst pregnant past 24 weeks, as she had discovered too late that the baby would be born severely disabled. She was taken to hospital and died some time later, police recorded an offence of "child destruction" but couldn't do anything because of her serious injuries. Had she survived she could have been prosecuted, obviously this is a very different case to the recent one but I still think it's horrifying that someone in this situation could be facing prison!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Also saw an article mention a case in which a woman had committed suicide by jumping under a train whilst pregnant past 24 weeks, as she had discovered too late that the baby would be born severely disabled.
Abortions in cases of severe disability can take place after 24 weeks - a lot of screenings for disabilities happen a bit later in the pregnancy and the whole point is not to make women rush into decisions hence the 'exception' to the limit - so this possibly seems more like the woman not being aware of other options

Overall though, I totally agree. It makes sense to me that there's some balancing between the baby's life and the woman's life but at the end of the day, if the woman does not want to have a child the whole balancing of interests falls very short imo

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You’re missing the point, lockdown meant the rules changed which enable her to access the pills without being seen in person and enabled her to claim she was much earlier in her pregnancy. If you’re referring to my previous post, I’m referencing to the fact someone called the ambulance and was likely with her when they arrived as it was lockdown therefore unlikely to be able to go anywhere.
Is it possible she has a teenage child old enough to be aware of what a miscarriage is that called ambulance maybe that’s why it’s been left vague there must be a reason not to disclose who called it’s a big part of the timeline to leave out