The Land of the New Years Resolution

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Less of a resolution and more of a goal but I plan on getting a new job. I’ve been with the same company for 3 years and granted, as much as I’ve at least been moving up the ladder, the idea of facing another year with them makes me want to jump off the roof of my house 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
there are more but these are the ones i can think of now! it would be good to stop smoking but i tried that last year and failed and can't even think about it now without feeling very stressed 😅
I stopped this year by using a vape cigarette. I highly recommend- it does work and if you find the right flavour and nicotine amount for you, it won’t feel like giving up.

I want to eat more rice pudding.
Such a neglected food group in 2021.

see also, cheese triangles.

• Haha
My husband bloody loves rice pudding. Nightmare to clean out of a pan.

Reactions: 1
I’d love to minimise the amount of time I spend on my phone and devote it to reading books instead…

Reactions: 3
I have a few health niggles, some of which are self inflicted so this is going to be a healthy year - health really is wealth when you get older.

To carry on learning French. And then start learning Italian.

To stop feeling responsible for other people’s moods and to ignore the sulkiness - it is not my role in life to worry about other people all the time - they need to take care of their own health and well-being.

To not buy any new makeup*. I have enough to last for 30 years

To have a bath. I can’t get in or out of one at the moment. I really miss my long soaks.

To read books rather than mindlessly surf online.

To try and be more positive and grateful for all I have, rather than focus on what is wrong or what I don’t have.

To keep things simple in all aspects of my life. Avoid other people’s dramas, swerve people I don’t like or who push my buttons.

*Buy more Premium Bonds

• Heart
Mine are pretty similar to everyone’s, lose all the weight I’ve put on since this Covid mess, start regular exercise again, learn a new language and I’m also doing dry January

Reactions: 2
Whilst singing along to Bohemian Rhapsody I remembered the best ever NYR I ever set which was to learn the entire lyrics to this 🤣 anyone had any equally, clearly very cool, new years resolutions (I don't like the lose weight, get a new job types lol)

Mine was not to go to Costa coffee ever again as it's 1.expensive 2. I don't like the shops themselves 3.not that arsed about coffee.
I have been once though when my app told me I have a free slice of cake for my birthday and I will go once more as I now have a free drink 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Did anyone succeed in their New Year’s resolutions from this thread?

This year I’m going to continue to embrace Sisu and be quietly determined with work. I will get that pay rise and better job title. I’m also going to continue to lose some weight as I’ve been doing quite well so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have a few health niggles, some of which are self inflicted so this is going to be a healthy year - health really is wealth when you get older.

To carry on learning French. And then start learning Italian.

To stop feeling responsible for other people’s moods and to ignore the sulkiness - it not my role in life to worry about other people all the time - they need to take care of their own health and well-being.

To not buy any new makeup*. I have enough to last for 30 years

To have a bath. I can’t get in or out of one at the moment. I really miss my long soaks.

To read books rather than mindlessly surf online.

To try and be more positive and grateful for all I have, rather than focus on what is wrong or what I don’t have.

To keep things simple in all aspects of my life. Avoid other people’s dramas, swerve people I don’t like or who push my buttons.

*Buy more Premium Bonds
These were mine.

I had a semi healthy year, got a bit better with a knee issue, reinstated the long baths.
I did my French everyday, but not at the end of the course yet, so have not started Italian yet.
I bought more Premium Bonds.

The things in bold - epic fail.

This year my one resolution is to be confident and empowered. I have had confidence knocked out of me the last few years and it is slowly coming back. I am not going to stand for anybody’s nonsense. I have cut out some negativity but I want to get rid of the rest. I am going to badass the year.

• Heart
Did anyone succeed in their New Year’s resolutions from this thread?

This year I’m going to continue to embrace Sisu and be quietly determined with work. I will get that pay rise and better job title. I’m also going to continue to lose some weight as I’ve been doing quite well so far.
I just came back here and was about to reply to something about my resolutions being the same as theirs, I couldn't work out why I couldn't reply until I realised it was mine from last year :ROFLMAO: evidently I haven't succeeded in any of what I aimed

• Haha
Same as every year. My new year's resolution is to make no new year's resolution. Looking forward to a happy healthy 2023.

Reactions: 5
I see people were focussing on languages last year. Anyone this year? I always admire that dedication.
Yes, I started learning French by Duolingo in October 2021 and haven’t missed a day since then. I am now intermediate level. I seem to have an aptitude for it that was not picked up on in school. I find it easy to pick up. Sorry if that sounds swell headed but I am not one normally for sticking at things so I have impressed myself. I want to carry on, finish French, then start Italian. I find it rewarding. At school I never listened during French, found the grammar a bore, but I love it all now.

• Heart
I see people were focussing on languages last year. Anyone this year? I always admire that dedication.
My main aim (except everything from last year) is to learn German, I have changed work timetable and I hope I am able to do a course once a week

• Heart
Yes, I started learning French by Duolingo in October 2021 and haven’t missed a day since then. I am now intermediate level. I seem to have an aptitude for it that was not picked up on in school. I find it easy to pick up. Sorry if that sounds swell headed but I am not one normally for sticking at things so I have impressed myself. I want to carry on, finish French, then start Italian. I find it rewarding. At school I never listened during French, found the grammar a bore, but I love it all now.
That doesn't sound swell headed at all! I admire it!

Reactions: 3
Every year I'll make some an by the time I start to want to really go for it it's July an am like ah well half the years done so forget it 🤣 but this time I really want to actually do mine, so mines are

Finally be able to have a basic conversation or say some sentences in Gaelic, Japanese an BSL (I swear I start this every year an never stick with it)
Lose 15lbs
Get a new job
Finish at least 5 books
Finally complete at least 3 console games
Finally get round to having enough crafts to do a Xmas craft fair
An for fun, to do a backflip, cause why not 🤣
And also finally stop biting my nails, seriously this crap needs to stop 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 8