The Land of the New Years Resolution

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are your plans for New Years resolutions this year? Making them, planning to break them, not bothering?

I find other peoples’ resolutions always interesting. I think I’ll try and do more exercise next year and I work well with a deadline so maybe it’ll work 😊

Reactions: 5
Usually I make them then it gets to December an am like well fk lol but this year I actually managed some, I wanted to complete some games on the xbox, not just start them an leave them like I usually do, managed to get around 6 fully completed, I also wanted to try 2 new hobbies which I again did so am happy I managed some

For next year I want to again try 2 new hobbies an this time maybe try an sell my work, I also want to complete min 5 games on the xbox, also finish reading min 3 books (again I'll start an never go back) I also want to lose maybe around 2 stone, I know I can do it am just being lazy lol

I think within a year all of that should be possible, I try not to go too crazy an overwhelm myself but given than I managed the hobbies an some games this year I think I can do that

Reactions: 4
I’ve decided to change mine up. I’m going to wear more colour next year. I wear a lot of black because it’s easy but after living in a temporary rental for a year with terrible lighting, I’ve realised it’s near on impossible to distinguish anything in my closet.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I came across this video the other day and thought I might try a theme instead of resolutions this year. Still trying to figure out my theme - maybe growth, health, or self improvement?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have a hyper active one year old and will be having another baby any day now so my new years resolution is just to survive the year!
2022 will not be a good year for sleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I am going to up my exercise, I did well prior to Covid but other than walking I don’t do much at all, and even the walking hasn’t been much in the last few weeks due to the weather. I had to run to the car last week as my ticket was nearly up, I couldn’t believe how unfit I was, gave me a shock

Reactions: 2
mine aren’t inspiring unfortunately and a tad obvious …..
Lose weight
Exercise more
Read more
Find a hobby

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Mine's to get down to 9st. I'm 9st 12 at the moment so hopefully losing one pound per month won't be too difficult.

Reactions: 5
I always set a few goals for the year and on the 31st I like to reflect on what the previous year was like.
So far I have:

- Read 25 books
- Say YES to more spontaneous things (I always plan and overthink a lot and want to let go of it a little)
- Keep track of my spending
- Prioritise me time. For me this includes getting my hair done, getting a facial, stuff like that where I can truly relax. Haven't really been able to do any of that in 2021 due to covid and also my job being crazy busy

Reactions: 7
I want to work on my confidence. My anxiety plays tricks on me , and makes me think something will go wrong. I'm sure I used to be more confident.
I would like to visit more places. I'm making a list of places within an hour or so of home , so hopefully some should be achievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Properly get back on track with my FODMAPS low sugar diet, cut down on my drinking (starting with dry Jan), more physical activity, less TV, more creative hobbies! Trying to do it the smart way with a long term plan, daily check ins with myself, and getting support from others like this forum. I want a 'year of health' like Rebel Wilson did last year.

LOL - we'll see how it goes. I had written many goals for 2021 and the large majority were a complete fail.

However, mine for 2022 (I'm not going to mention anything pertaining to work / romance etc.. as those are quite personal):
  • Limit my coffee intake to 1 coffee per day instead of 2 and substitute the second with Matcha instead (don't like Matcha, but want to try)
  • Fix my sleep schedule because I used to have a great sleep schedule until I got my COVID shots and suddenly, insomnia has become an issue
  • Start running again consistently after a 4 months break and make it to 10K as I'm currently stuck at 5K
  • Maintain a healthy work / life balance with a no work on weekends policy (I'm done with the 9.30am - 8/10pm routine from 2021)
  • Take care of my mental and physical health by implementing the above and sticking to them
  • Manage my anxiety no matter how much work or stress I experience and stop letting it rule my life to the point where it paralyzes me
  • Visit more of Ireland because I still have so many places I want to see
  • Get rid of whatever mental blocks I have on various topics which prevent me from living my life fully or doing things a certain way out of "fear"
  • Pamper myself more (getting my hair & nails done etc) because for the last 2 years, I've only stuck to essential grooming as I didn't deem pampering to be necessary due to lockdowns / WFH. However, I now realize I need to start feeling good about myself again because it certainly contributes towards good mental health.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Mine is to use up more products. I always buy so much makeup, toiletries, skincare and half use it. Then I buy more and more… my New Years resolution is to use up products completely

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’d love the entirety of Tattle of unfollow their hate watches as their New Years resolutions. I reckon it would do the world of good to their figures when it comes to getting new partnerships.

*Less time on social media
*Continuing to put myself first
*Focusing on a new qualification
*Finding more positives in daily situations

Mine are all self indulgent this year, I want to focus on myself.
I want to exercise at least 3x a week and walk daily.. Always have my nails done and keep on top of my eyebrow and lash appointments.. Keep on top of my roots and update my wardrobe regularly.
These are all fickle things that help me feel like me. I had slipped with the upkeep due to Covid and it’s knocked my confidence a little. Before Covid I’d exercise at least 5 days a week.

Save money.

I need to be brutal and stop letting people float in and out of my life.

I also want to pass my driving test after I failed the first one.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
🍓 focusing more on my physical health: walking 10k steps almost every day, eating more healthy food and cooking more

⚖ focusing more on my mental health: stressing out about work much less, trying not to let social media get to me and treat myself more with some chill evenings by myself

🇩🇪 continuing to learn german: currently on a 57 day streak on duolingo which would have been even more if i hadn't stopped for a few days in october! definitely want to try and get to conversation level by the end of 2022.

there are more but these are the ones i can think of now! it would be good to stop smoking but i tried that last year and failed and can't even think about it now without feeling very stressed 😅

Reactions: 3
My main one is to succeed successfully until at least the second week in February with my goals 🤣

• Haha