The Land of the New Years Resolution

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine are -

To not take life too seriously
Work on my flexibility
Read a book a week
Eat more cake
Listen to music more

I am not doing giving up resolutions.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This thread got me thinking, I have a few easy ones that I couldn't, for several reasons, keep at this year but want to try again - like listening to one new band/artist each week, limit my online spending, keeping with my Gaelic on Duolingo, be more spontaneous. But I've decided to start them now and not wait until the new year.

A big one that I can't start right away because it needs a bit of preparation is getting back into a sport I used to do competitively, but I know it will be quite hard to keep my motivation up if it takes me too long to get to a decent level again and people gossiping about me being tit now. It also isn't cheap.

Reactions: 1
This thread got me thinking, I have a few easy ones that I couldn't, for several reasons, keep at this year but want to try again - like listening to one new band/artist each week, limit my online spending, keeping with my Gaelic on Duolingo, be more spontaneous. But I've decided to start them now and not wait until the new year.

A big one that I can't start right away because it needs a bit of preparation is getting back into a sport I used to do competitively, but I know it will be quite hard to keep my motivation up if it takes me too long to get to a decent level again and people gossiping about me being tit now. It also isn't cheap.
Listening to one new band /artist is great one! If got a million (standard health, weight loss etc) but this sounds great to me. How are you planning on finding the new music? That could be a great thread in itself if people are interested !

How are you planning on finding the new music? That could be a great thread in itself if people are interested !
I did it Jan-May this year before I let it slide too much and I didn't find it too difficult to find artists/bands/albums to be honest. I have a few that were recommended to me in the past, a few that I've never gotten round to listen to, stuff other people keep raving about and there are always the 'people who liked/bought this also like/bought recommendations on most platforms and in music reviews. And to be fair, there are music and pop culture icons whose back catalogue is also worth a listen. (you see I am not too strict on what constitutes 'new music') I had a reminder set up for this in my calendar and just added a note whenever I came across something interesting. I would also recommend creating a playlist, adding any favourites as you go.
I just put on the Strange New Places LP I got a few weeks ago, thus achieving my weekly goal. Happy days ;-)

On another note: If you wanted to do something similar with cooking (a new dish each month), I can recommend a subscription with The Spicery where they send you the spices, recipe and shopping list (for the fresh ingredients) for a new dish each month. I stumbled across this three years ago and it has brightened our meal plan and Mr. Aulty's (who is an annoyingly picky eater) palate so much.

Reactions: 2
Listening to one new band /artist is great one! If got a million (standard health, weight loss etc) but this sounds great to me. How are you planning on finding the new music? That could be a great thread in itself if people are interested !
That's a good idea for a thread. We could share recommendations for similar artists and share bands we've just come across ourselves.

• Heart
Oh I was just talking about this! So this year I did the Goodreads challenge and I went for 30 books in the year (3 off but I still have a couple of weeks), so I think I’m going to up that to 35 books in a year.

My other one is to try and be consistent with my skincare routine. I have so many lotions and potions but hardly use them and never find the time to actually do a face mask. So consistency in skin care is my second.

Interested to hear others!

• Heart
That's a good idea for a thread. We could share recommendations for similar artists and share bands we've just come across ourselves.
Yes, could someone make it? I would but I'm on my phone as my laptops broken and it's a bit difficult

I want to do more. Quite often someone will ask what I'm doing/ have done at the weekend and the answer is nothing. I want to feel like I've done something.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Mine are -

To not take life too seriously
Work on my flexibility
Read a book a week
Eat more cake
Listen to music more

I am not doing giving up resolutions.
Can I just add to my list

Apply moisturising foot cream everyday
Work on my flexibility & strength
Be more selfish and arrogant - weird one but I am tired of living small and trying to fit in.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have quite a lot of things I want to achieve.
New years resolutions for me:
Stop smoking
Stop having casual sex
Look after myself more
Put myself first

2024 is going to be the year of me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m really looking forward to a fresh start! I find it easier to set new year intentions as opposed to resolutions, so my intentions are:
Exercise more, once a week at least
Have proper counselling
Save my money more
Practice gratitude and self love

❤ 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Improving my Photoshop skills
Making a big dent in my to-read shelves, it's out of control
Not feeling guilty about spending my money on convenient healthy/nutritious food
Walking more, taking cabs less
Finding a good shrink and hopefully starting therapy again

Read books again instead of reading here (ironic I know)
Go outside more
Put work second

Oh and actually clean my car.

Reactions: 3
Drink more water.
Lose my last half stone.
I will struggle with this one but to leave work at work/ switch off when I leave.

Happy 2024 everyone!
I thought I would contribute and share a few of my New Years Resolutions ...

-Exercise / walk at least 45 mins a day
-Post more on social media (work wise)
-To wear more colour (I'm a sucker for a black outfit)
-To learn to say no, and not feel guilty for it

I have a full on list of things, but I won't bore you all 😂

• Heart
I'm going to finally get migraine tablets from the doctor instead of suffering. Mayb get anxiety medication because I suffer so badly. Hire stalls for my books finally and get myself out there and maybe achieve my last one to quit my job

• Heart
Reactions: 4