Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
I’m in the Wyre Forest , we waited 2 weeks for my daughter (8years) to be seen by Camhs. And this was not a emergency appointment. It’s shocking how health care differs in different areas.

Lady in Wales

I have emailed department of education at Gov.uk and i urge everyone on here to do the same,
People power, why should they get away with taking their kids out of school, we would be in very hot water if it was us
We would at the least be fined and at worse face Prison
Is the LEA in charge of private schools also, or do Private schools have their own rules regarding term time holidays?

That’s awful you had to wait so long. Is it a bit like postcode lottery with this type of thing do we think? My daughter didn’t have official therapy but when she was struggling to deal with my illness, she was around 8, she had 10 sessions with the school counsellor. There was never an option to have more and I assumed this was to do with funding but I didn’t actually clarify that with the school.
We’ve moved about quite a bit and I find healthcare everywhere is slightly different. For example when living in Worcestershire and the west mids getting a flu jab for myself (on immunosuppressants) never mind my immediate family was a hassle yet in Cheshire it was no problem at all! Maybe Leeds is quite good with mental health care? Or issys school liases with her gp possibly to ensure she gets all the help she needs?
I've used Leeds NHS mental health services previously, and I'd say they are touch-and-go in terms of what they can provide you. Two of the professionals were not pleasant personalities which made talking to them difficult and not a good experience. However, I managed to get a course of CBT quite quickly.

Hello all,

I received this email a thought it may be of interest... (I’ve blocked out my name) there is a link to sign the petition View attachment 3047

Hmm seems the link wasn’t included try Here
I got the same email and put the petition down. I forgot to take a screenshot and blur my details out to upload on here too, though.

D

DramaLlama

I'm not sticking up for Sarah, but regarding the low birth weight thing, I've said before that with my youngest I had to have the extra scans despite her being 6lb 5oz. I did question it with the consultant because no-one had told me she was low birth weight at the time (and I'd been home and googled it which said her weight was fine), but I was told it was new guidelines and it was also based on the fact she was nearly two weeks overdue as well as the mother's weight (I don't know what I weighed but was a size 12-14). So it's possible Sarah is telling the truth on this. If it's only a guideline maybe it's only done in some areas?

Also, well done to this new girl for coming forward and I'm glad she says it's not really affected her. And even more glad she's an adult!

Mum31

I think sassy is trying to be funny implying it’s not his kid.

@Mum31
Sarah seems to have always made choices and told stories that benefit her and her only.
I would take everything she says about her past with a massive amount of salt.
She quiet clearly had good friends that meant nothing to her when it came down to it, I’m sure they would have supported her, we see Nicky right? An enabler ? we don’t even see Katrina anymore,
She has never said she had mental health issues so that excuse for her behaviour doesn’t fly.
I’ve said from the start she’s almost worse than him, as is Jane.
I can understand how you’re giving her the benefit of the doubt but she so doesn’t deserve your understanding ?
I’m not trying to understand her, just trying to explain why a women might be able to live with a husband like Chris. Don’t be an idiot ?

longdongsilver

She also said they couldn’t change their holiday as it was soooo close ... I scream BS , I work in travel and deal with bookings etc. You CAN change your booking as long as your flight hasn’t taken off (we usually advise at least 24hrs before travel to change) however there are admin costs plus the difference in costs of flights/hotel to your new date!
I'm not sure who you work for but I work for a well known high street travel agent and know our policy and also the policy for all other high street travel agencys and you can't amend a holiday within 12/10 weeks of travel. Once the final payment has been made no changes can be made apart from name change which can be done 48 hours prior. Anything else has to be done at airport

The party poptinies, they were sent a big box and only opened a few bits each, they were also apparently 'donating' the rest, so our poundland princess has certainly saved some money there. Just like their other charity donations then!

'Charity begins at home' should be the family motto. Even when they are feeding the homeless, its really more about feeding their egos!
I only just discovered Sarah's own brother is homeless. But he has addition and crime issues so maybe that's why she isn't that directly in contact with him.

Inkling95

That’s awful you had to wait so long. Is it a bit like postcode lottery with this type of thing do we think? My daughter didn’t have official therapy but when she was struggling to deal with my illness, she was around 8, she had 10 sessions with the school counsellor. There was never an option to have more and I assumed this was to do with funding but I didn’t actually clarify that with the school.
We’ve moved about quite a bit and I find healthcare everywhere is slightly different. For example when living in Worcestershire and the west mids getting a flu jab for myself (on immunosuppressants) never mind my immediate family was a hassle yet in Cheshire it was no problem at all! Maybe Leeds is quite good with mental health care? Or issys school liases with her gp possibly to ensure she gets all the help she needs?
Also in Cheshire, they’re so good over here. Born and raised in N Wales and it’s appalling over there. Even within areas, it depends on GPs and hospitals, so she could be with the NHS, private or Lazy is lying. Who knows ?‍♀

It's me

Iconic Member
I only just discovered Sarah's own brother is homeless. But he has addition and crime issues so maybe that's why she isn't that directly in contact with him.
I know someome who used her retirement fund to clear her addiction; alcohol. If her brother swore he would change his life and they could fund many drug users out there would. There support is terrible for the layperson. It's not as easy as getting a methodone prescription and counselling once a week. They need so much more than that, which Sarah could provide, understand it will often fail but as someone else has pointed out...a roof over their head offering stability could help too

Tilly

VIP Member
My daughter asked for an Xbox last year and it was a big no, no. Simply because they don’t seem to cater in family orientated games. The majority of games are not suitable for her age.
Most available are 16+ 18+ and are quite violent. Obviously this is only my opinion.
I agree they would have been better with a Nintendo switch