The Indie Projects

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only followed them for a short while because I was interested in the "new life in Portugal" element of their content. I found them pretty boring and lacking in charisma. They take themselves way too seriously for a young couple with no obvious financial issues, who aren't bogged down by the daily grind of a real job. I too, scratched my head regarding the speedy hospital turnaround for an alleged suicide attempt but in true Indie Project form, the injured terrapin was inserted as a convenient deflection for that one. I hope Manipulation Mountain brings them the happiness they are so obviously lacking in their lives. I don't think they know how to be happy though, they seem to be trapped in a misery feeds misery cycle of their own making, which is a real shame.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I don't watch their videos any more, but yesterday I went to their channel to see how many views their videos are getting and it appears to be significantly less, except for one that talks about the little house. I can see why van life and barn conversion would be an interesting watch. But living in a good size house with all comforts will be a bit harder to sell as interesting. What I liked about them (a young hard working couple setting down roots in Portugal off-grid by converting a barn into a home, because of limited funds) turned out to be a lie. I never sent money, but I believed them and was cheering them on to make it. First red flag was when he brought that outdoor vehicle, and here I was concerned if they were going to get that old truck working again. Second red flag was the rental that appeared out of nowhere. But when they purchased that house I recognized as the one Ken showed, I knew that I had been had. I don't like being lied to. Silly, but I took it personally. And to be frank, I'd like to see them fail as YouTube personalities. Harsh I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I think that after the video where they turned off comments (which moved over to Nicks channel after they slated him and Frankie off Grid, and Bee went into a massive decline,) they have obviously employed admin/monitors because never a bad word is spoken now is it?
They lost six thousand subscribers over that video but they get new ones every day and they probably aren't that effected.
Intelligent life is lacking in their tribe - who can have faith in someone who has three properties, countless vehicles and enough tools to stock B&Q yet still ask for money?
I was wondering how many subs they had lost I could tell their numbers had dropped but no idea how to tell the exact figure and tbh stopped caring I haven’t bothered to watch the more recent vlogs it’s just too cringe for words it’s such a shame it started off as such an easy going chill channel but I feel like they let themselves go way over their heads and their egos blew right up

I only followed them for a short while because I was interested in the "new life in Portugal" element of their content. I found them pretty boring and lacking in charisma. They take themselves way too seriously for a young couple with no obvious financial issues, who aren't bogged down by the daily grind of a real job. I too, scratched my head regarding the speedy hospital turnaround for an alleged suicide attempt but in true Indie Project form, the injured terrapin was inserted as a convenient deflection for that one. I hope Manipulation Mountain brings them the happiness they are so obviously lacking in their lives. I don't think they know how to be happy though, they seem to be trapped in a misery feeds misery cycle of their own making, which is a real shame.
Manipulation Mountain 😂 brilliant. Yes completely agree they seem like a very sad pair of individuals.

I don't watch their videos any more, but yesterday I went to their channel to see how many views their videos are getting and it appears to be significantly less, except for one that talks about the little house. I can see why van life and barn conversion would be an interesting watch. But living in a good size house with all comforts will be a bit harder to sell as interesting. What I liked about them (a young hard working couple setting down roots in Portugal off-grid by converting a barn into a home, because of limited funds) turned out to be a lie. I never sent money, but I believed them and was cheering them on to make it. First red flag was when he brought that outdoor vehicle, and here I was concerned if they were going to get that old truck working again. Second red flag was the rental that appeared out of nowhere. But when they purchased that house I recognized as the one Ken showed, I knew that I had been had. I don't like being lied to. Silly, but I took it personally. And to be frank, I'd like to see them fail as YouTube personalities. Harsh I know.
Know what you mean I stopped watching them ages ago and honestly can’t be bothered to log back in and watch some loom frantically wave his hands around in an annoying jerky manner while he speaks to the camera Bee is probably holding for all this time while they lie through their teeth to gain views from an obviously despairing and exhausting task that is their channel why don’t they just give it up. Agree there have been far too many red flags to mention for me it was when they started doing regular live Q&As and it was clear they were doing them knowing that some very blind people out there would dig into their pockets and send them their hard earned wages and look where they are now not a great track record really. So glad I never donated to them not that I was ever considering it !!

Last edited:
The grift is off the scale with these two. They're schilling anything they can get sponsored with whilst pulling the woe is me card based on mental health issues, flooding and fire. Their content is desperately boring these days. They have so many unfinished projects its unreal. Regards offgrid living they do nothing. Half a dozen goats and chickens and a couple of cats lol. Even their veg patch looks pathetic. They stated the Manipulation Mountain property was a 2 hour drive from their unfinished barn project. I really doubt they're doing that commute daily. Why not just bring the animals over to the new place.

Reactions: 11
The grift is off the scale with these two. They're schilling anything they can get sponsored with whilst pulling the woe is me card based on mental health issues, flooding and fire. Their content is desperately boring these days. They have so many unfinished projects its unreal. Regards offgrid living they do nothing. Half a dozen goats and chickens and a couple of cats lol. Even their veg patch looks pathetic. They stated the Manipulation Mountain property was a 2 hour drive from their unfinished barn project. I really doubt they're doing that commute daily. Why not just bring the animals over to the new place.
I wondered this too, it's obvious they have not been at the little barn for ages. One look at the wilted plants tells you that. For 2 people claiming to want to live off the land I have never seen such little energy given to planting and looking after vegetables. I grew more them then on a suburban patio for gods sake! I can't believe anyone would fall for this nonsense. I don't know where they will go from here! They will need a full time crew to look after this new place and any notions of them doing it are frankly ridiculous. I remember thinking it was odd that one of the first things they did when getting power in the barn was buy a whacking great TV and hook up a games console? Obviously it's kind of funny now as they were literally showing their priorities back then.

Reactions: 8
I can’t remember the last time I watched their episodes now.. I can’t bear to !
The last one I watched was the fatidical one where they announced the new property. But before that, I hadn't been watching for a while. Nothing seemed to get done and I got fed up. They're also not the most charismatic people, so...

Reactions: 6
The last one I watched was the fatidical one where they announced the new property. But before that, I hadn't been watching for a while. Nothing seemed to get done and I got fed up. They're also not the most charismatic people, so...
Exactly … I guess some people out there are going to fall for their act but I wonder if those people have bothered to watch the earlier vlogs when they were travellers and see the difference.

Reactions: 5
Just had a little watch :m.... seriously can they get anymore boring... or maybe it's me.

• Haha
There is a big thread about them here too, cross posting to help get the word out about this con.
It looks like this video has been removed from YouTube. There were a lot of negative, but truthful comments in the comment section.

Last edited:
It looks like this video has been taken off YouTube. There were a lot of negative, but truthful comments in the comment section.
Is this the video on project portugal where the debate carried on after they closed their comments?

Is this the video on project portugal where the debate carried on after they closed their comments?
No I think not... not sure who that was then

Reactions: 1
That is nuts. I used to enjoy watching them when they first got their barn. Theo was doing work and Bee was filming I guess. Didn’t ever see her do much work but then things changed. Dunno what exactly but nothing ever seemed to get done in the videos. Lots of talking but not much doing. And then the milk me mountain request for cash was the last straw for me. Pity really as they had a nice channel going but you need to live the life and not just use the property as a set for your videos. The videos became the reason for the videos. Just my feeling. Does that make sense?

• Heart
That is nuts. I used to enjoy watching them when they first got their barn. Theo was doing work and Bee was filming I guess. Didn’t ever see her do much work but then things changed. Dunno what exactly but nothing ever seemed to get done in the videos. Lots of talking but not much doing. And then the milk me mountain request for cash was the last straw for me. Pity really as they had a nice channel going but you need to live the life and not just use the property as a set for your videos. The videos became the reason for the videos. Just my feeling. Does that make sense?
Perfect sense. They just make me want to reach for a sick bag now.
They are coniving beyond all believe.

• Heart
Ok so their latest titled Bee is back… but… she’s appeared in the thumbnails of the last 4 vlogs?! I can’t bring myself to watch it 🤢

Completely 💯 % hit the nail on the goat fence gate door there.

Perfect sense. They just make me want to reach for a sick bag now.
They are coniving beyond all believe.
I’m not sure I can face it you’re braver than me !!

They have basically totally changed the narritive of their channel, and it's seens like if anyone dares mention that things don't add up, then you are branded as a "hater". I'm totally baffled as what their channel is supposed to be now? Multiple properties but asking for cash? Self sufficient but don't grow or develop anything? Tiny home bu bought huge farm? Projects that they NEVER finish. I unsubscribed after the begging video but tried to look at a more recent one and it was the same old tit!

They have basically totally changed the narritive of their channel, and it's seens like if anyone dares mention that things don't add up, then you are branded as a "hater". I'm totally baffled as what their channel is supposed to be now? Multiple properties but asking for cash? Self sufficient but don't grow or develop anything? Tiny home bu bought huge farm? Projects that they NEVER finish. I unsubscribed after the begging video but tried to look at a more recent one and it was the same old tit!
Curiosity got the better of me, and I glanced at their latest video with the sound off. I had to switch it off after a few minutes, because Theo launched into one of their many Q&A sessions. Anyone who has watched The Indie Projects for a while, will know that the Q&A sessions were an excuse not to get on with whatever project they were working on. Either that, or they had no interesting content for a video, so they resort to another Q&A. It became really tedious after a while.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I glanced at their latest video with the sound off. I had to switch it off after a few minutes, because Theo launched into one of their many Q&A sessions. Anyone who has watched The Indie Projects for a while, will know that the Q&A sessions were an excuse not to get on with whatever project they were working on. Either that, or they had no interesting content for a video, so they resort to another Q&A. It became really tedious after a while.
yep and I remember their livestreams were clearly just another way for them to get the cash in from their supporters. They knew that people out there would donate to them.

Reactions: 4