The Indie Projects

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a video been posted on YouTube from another expat family living in Portugal who have come out and said lots of people who buying up land especially with agricultural barns and other type property's on land are not legal, and never will be due to fire risjs etc, very interesting video, and one of their viewers commented saying "is that why indie projects may of left there barn conversion land etc with now explainnation as to really why etc " and that dick theo come in and had a go, maybe we should all go on that post and had a go back with poor youtuber comment who been shot down by theo, I commented supporting the comment, maybe we shoudl al go on that thread comment in support of commentor, out of order of theo., here's screenshot and here's the link to video,

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 7
There's a video been posted on YouTube from another expat family living in Portugal who have come out and said lots of people who buying up land especially with agricultural barns and other type property's on land are not legal, and never will be due to fire risjs etc, very interesting video, and one of their viewers commented saying "is that why indie projects may of left there barn conversion land etc with now explainnation as to really why etc " and that dick theo come in and had a go, maybe we should all go on that post and had a go back with poor youtuber comment who been shot down by theo, I commented supporting the comment, maybe we shoudl al go on that thread comment in support of commentor, out of order of theo., here's screenshot and here's the link to video,
I think Theo has removed all the posts he made in the comments section. He came across as defensive and arrogant.

Reactions: 3
Just watched and obviously Theo has removed his comments so don't know what he said.
Interesting though. Does it mean that they will not be able to sell that converted barn now as it's illegally built?
I admit it goes over my head a bit.
Still in usual Theo style he's pi**ed people off.
What is it with those two? Really annoys me how he can never say the car, the truck or even the bloody chainsaw, always brand names and showing off.
They have absolutely no friends there now as they have alienated everyone. Even a Portuguese person in the village said nobody likes them.
---
Looks like a good deal.
Anyone fancy it?
Last time someone called them out on holidays Bea got really angry and said it was not a holiday it was work. Same as that TV programme they were on to win a cabin in Alaska or some place - work!!
Am defo in the wrong job 🙃

Reactions: 4
Odd he removed all his comments, probably realised he showed his true character two much, those two are very nasty characters aint they....wish people would unsubbed in 1000s off their channel. Way better channels out there.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Odd he removed all his comments, probably realised he showed his true character two much, those two are very nasty characters aint they....wish people would unsubbed in 1000s off their channel. Way better channels out there.
I tried to watch the latest video today, I couldn't do it. I could not bear to watch his weasley face. They really shot themselves in the foot, with that begging video.

Reactions: 2
I have been watching "The newbys"
They are a bit sickly sweet but ok until I opened their last vlog and got quite a shock when the announce they had ....
Some FAMOUS friends visit our Portuguese Homestead
Guess who lol
Now I'm tossing up whether to dump them too?

Does it mean that they will not be able to sell that converted barn now as it's illegally built?
They can but 1) they either have to remove the illegal upgrades they made (if they've been reported) or 2) they can sell it, but not with an habitable license... so as a rural plot, which means, the price is much lower because, in reality, who wants a rural plot? The demand is for urban land, not rural.
So basically if they sell, they'll lose a lot of money, because all of the changes they did, if unlicensed, are illegal and worthless.
---
I have been watching "The newbys"
They are a bit sickly sweet but ok until I opened their last vlog and got quite a shock when the announce they had ....
Some FAMOUS friends visit our Portuguese Homestead
Guess who lol
Now I'm tossing up whether to dump them too?
Ugh. I didn't watch the video but I had some feeling it was them.

I actually really liked the Newbies in the beggining, but I find them annoying now and I can't figure it out why. I've barely watched any of their latest videos.

They can but 1) they either have to remove the illegal upgrades they made (if they've been reported) or 2) they can sell it, but not with an habitable license... so as a rural plot, which means, the price is much lower because, in reality, who wants a rural plot? The demand is for urban land, not rural.
So basically if they sell, they'll lose a lot of money, because all of the changes they did, if unlicensed, are illegal and worthless.
---

Ugh. I didn't watch the video but I had some feeling it was them.

I actually really liked the Newbies in the beggining, but I find them annoying now and I can't figure it out why. I've barely watched any of their latest videos.
In the case of the Indie Projects let's call it Karma.
As for the Newbies, I am with you. Used to enjoy but have stopped watching now, find them really smug.
Anyone watch Ricky (the guy who helped, sorry more likely worked for Theo on the barn? Am enjoying his channel and his wife/gf seems lovely. (Funny that they all don't seem to have stayed in touch.)
The Origin project or homestead not sure what they are called is another really real channel, so far at least.
Hope you are all well.

Reactions: 5
In the case of the Indie Projects let's call it Karma.
As for the Newbies, I am with you. Used to enjoy but have stopped watching now, find them really smug.
Anyone watch Ricky (the guy who helped, sorry more likely worked for Theo on the barn? Am enjoying his channel and his wife/gf seems lovely. (Funny that they all don't seem to have stayed in touch.)
The Origin project or homestead not sure what they are called is another really real channel, so far at least.
Hope you are all well.
Yeah, I think that might be it. Something about them has changed, which is a shame because I really liked the earlier videos.

As for Ricky, I've watched a couple of videos here and there, but they didn't really grab my attention. But yes, interesting that he left Bea and Theo

I've stopped watching most of the channels and the only ones I keep up with are Pips Off grid, Portuguese Quinta Garden Culinária (recommend them a lot! They just seem very sweet) and Debsdialogue

Reactions: 2
Yeah, I think that might be it. Something about them has changed, which is a shame because I really liked the earlier videos.

As for Ricky, I've watched a couple of videos here and there, but they didn't really grab my attention. But yes, interesting that he left Bea and Theo

I've stopped watching most of the channels and the only ones I keep up with are Pips Off grid, Portuguese Quinta Garden Culinária (recommend them a lot! They just seem very sweet) and Debsdialogue
I am more for travel/camper vanners now tbh, some are really entertaining.
Funny though how with some channels, even if the content is good, just the sound of their voices can put you off. 😉

Reactions: 3
I am more for travel/camper vanners now tbh, some are really entertaining.
Funny though how with some channels, even if the content is good, just the sound of their voices can put you off. 😉
what channels do you think are worth watching now? I'm looking for new ones

Reactions: 1
---
how can you tell if it is a rural or urban plot?

what channels do you think are worth watching now? I'm looking for new ones
I expect you know most of them but my watch list includes: Expawers, Camper Vibe, KingingIt, Jammy Gits, Lost in Transit and a few others.
A lot of the good ones seem to have vanished, bought land in Portugal or started having babies and settling down.
When I think of some more I will let you know. (Little Red Camper is good if you like history and stuff.)
ETA - Philly and Keely and Overlanding Sophia.

Is that really their TV in that instagram post, with the boxing on? Good grief they must have more money than sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 1