Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JellyDonut

VIP Member
My boyfriend is a walking ick.

1) he is religious with using hand cream and lip balm
2) he always takes a reusable bag for life to the shop with him (folded up into a near square in his pocket)
3) he gives commentary as he’s driving, e.g. “just going to increase my stopping distance to the car in front because…” constantly.
4) he sits and watched YouTube review videos on watches for hours
5) he earns a shit tonne of money and has a lot of investments, etc. but is the STINGIEST PERSON I KNOW. He had several free Costa drinks on the app and some were close to expiring he’s had them that long. I suggested one Sunday morning we go for a walk into town and use them, just something to do. He immediately began lecturing me on how it’s not sensible to use them and if I want a coffee when we’re out he has a travel mug we can fill with coffee at home and share it between us whilst we’re out . He also literally never treats me to anything, I’ve never had a birthday or Christmas present from him (we’ve been together 3 years).
6) he’s into fantasy football and has his fake little football teams and 🤢
7) he shouts at the tv when watching football/F1
8) he has Google home speaker things and when he talks to them he has to say “ok Google, turn my lights on” etc and it makes me want to die. He’s also got it set so when he says “ok Google, good morning” it turns his bedside lamps on and plays the radio

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77

Crabbypatty00

@JellyDonut babe get the heck out of there. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING as depressing as spending your life with a tightarse. It's never going to change and will repulse you more and more. I speak from experience.

My final straw was when he had won several thousand one evening gambling (a regular occurrence but he never EVER bought or did anything or treated me with his winnings, just hoarded it like a miser) but couldn't get his shoes on fast enough to get to the pub to get a drink out of a friend who had won £100 on the pub lottery.

I still think of the shock my vagina went into watching him race out of the door to get a free celebratory pint from our lovely friend. What a bellend.

Also the pitying expressions on waitresses faces when I paid (again) because he had "forgotten" his card at dinner 🤢

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 58

hereforthe_tea

My boyfriend is a walking ick.

1) he is religious with using hand cream and lip balm
2) he always takes a reusable bag for life to the shop with him (folded up into a near square in his pocket)
3) he gives commentary as he’s driving, e.g. “just going to increase my stopping distance to the car in front because…” constantly.
4) he sits and watched YouTube review videos on watches for hours
5) he earns a shit tonne of money and has a lot of investments, etc. but is the STINGIEST PERSON I KNOW. He had several free Costa drinks on the app and some were close to expiring he’s had them that long. I suggested one Sunday morning we go for a walk into town and use them, just something to do. He immediately began lecturing me on how it’s not sensible to use them and if I want a coffee when we’re out he has a travel mug we can fill with coffee at home and share it between us whilst we’re out . He also literally never treats me to anything, I’ve never had a birthday or Christmas present from him (we’ve been together 3 years).
6) he’s into fantasy football and has his fake little football teams and 🤢
7) he shouts at the tv when watching football/F1
8) he has Google home speaker things and when he talks to them he has to say “ok Google, turn my lights on” etc and it makes me want to die. He’s also got it set so when he says “ok Google, good morning” it turns his bedside lamps on and plays the radio
Why are you with him?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
We can close the thread, guys, it’s over - I just saw a guy on an app say one of his favourite things was “skin on skin cuddles”. Aaaaand I’m out. Celibacy never looked so good.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52

LadyLockdown

VIP Member
When we first met, (I'd known him a week or something ridiculous), my ex started full on sobbing as he told me how much he loved me. My friend was upstairs using the toilet and came down to find us sat on the sofa, him balling his eyes out so she asks why he's crying and he starts noisy sobbing even more as he wails, "It's because I love her so much"...

I'm embarrassed writing this.

She still takes the piss now.

I've dated some absolute first class icks.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

MmmB777

VIP Member
Husband just handed me a drink and said “here you go, you lucky sausage” and so yeah we’re never having sex again.

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Crabbypatty00

He can be very sweet and has a lot of good points as well. I wish he wasn’t as tight with money as he is. But I don’t know if that’s a reason to break up with someone? I’d feel like a gold digger 😅
Mean with money, mean with time, mean with emotions. Mean people have mean written through them like a stick of rock.

My mum and her 60 year old pals got together, pooled their relationship experiences and decided that the single most important quality in a partner was kindness. Just general kindness to those around them and the people they care about.

I've followed this principle and think it's great (I won't gush about it but my partner is a far, far nicer and kind person than I am and I'm lucky to have him).

Of course your partner has redeeming features, my ex was absolutely fucking hilarious but his meaness crept into EVERY area of life and soured it.

Also you are hardly a gold digger - wanting your partner to buy you a dinner because he loves you and wants to treat you is hardly strong arming a Porsche out of an 80 year old millionaire. Also no one cares if you dumped his arse for being tight, or because you caught him jamming a gerbil up his bum. No. One. Cares.

Find someone better, there are tons of them x

• Heart
Reactions: 44

MrsWolf

VIP Member
A guy started at my work last week and we have a bring your own mug thing going on.

He rocks up on his second day with a DILF mug…

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
I got a new ick at NYE celebrations. Grown older men (50+) jumping up and down as a dance to “I got a feeling” by Black Eyed Peas…

• Haha
Reactions: 41

abelleza

Chatty Member
I’m sick women I know who have have just given birth and they’re having skin to skin contact with the baby (a lovely thing dgmw) obviously with no top on and they send it to you or put it on facebook. That’s forgiveable in the excitement but it’s absolutely horrific when they send you/post pictures of their male partners doing it as well, pale hairy moobs out in full force with the unflattering hospital lighting. Like please just keep those pictures to yourself and send me a pic of the baby in their cot or being cuddled by a non-naked person. It’s gross.
Proper gives me the ick 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
A very random ick but when you’re listening to the radio in the car and the host reads out messages from men who have texted in, saying shite like “LOVING THE TUNES MATE, KEEP THEM COMING” !!! I just cannot imagine ‘Dan from Kent’ (do these people even exist?!) actually typing that out on his way to work, pressing send and being like hehe! fingers crossed Greg James reads that one out 😝!
Like I don’t know you, can’t even see you, but just imagining you doing that gives me the ick 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 40

call.me.coco

Chatty Member
There was a wet floor sign in the middle of a cafe and my husband tripped over it. I got the ick.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Smell_my_cheese

I suspect this is just me, but I actively dislike it when someone shortens the name of someone they’ve only met once (or just know ‘online’).

For example when someone is called Sophie and to try to be ‘pally’, someone calls her ‘Soph’ after one meeting. I see it all the time online when people comment on ‘influencer’ posts ‘Aw bless you Rach, you’re doing great.’

Why are you calling her Rach? Her name is Rachel and you’re not her mate.

Completely irrational, and also absolutely none of my business, but there we go. That is the beauty of the Ick. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39