"The Ick" #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My boyfriend is a walking ick.

1) he is religious with using hand cream and lip balm
2) he always takes a reusable bag for life to the shop with him (folded up into a near square in his pocket)
3) he gives commentary as heā€™s driving, e.g. ā€œjust going to increase my stopping distance to the car in front becauseā€¦ā€ constantly.
4) he sits and watched YouTube review videos on watches for hours
5) he earns a tit tonne of money and has a lot of investments, etc. but is the STINGIEST PERSON I KNOW. He had several free Costa drinks on the app and some were close to expiring heā€™s had them that long. I suggested one Sunday morning we go for a walk into town and use them, just something to do. He immediately began lecturing me on how itā€™s not sensible to use them and if I want a coffee when weā€™re out he has a travel mug we can fill with coffee at home and share it between us whilst weā€™re out . He also literally never treats me to anything, Iā€™ve never had a birthday or Christmas present from him (weā€™ve been together 3 years).
6) heā€™s into fantasy football and has his fake little football teams and šŸ¤¢
7) he shouts at the tv when watching football/F1
8) he has Google home speaker things and when he talks to them he has to say ā€œok Google, turn my lights onā€ etc and it makes me want to die. Heā€™s also got it set so when he says ā€œok Google, good morningā€ it turns his bedside lamps on and plays the radio

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
My husband has a cold (caught off me) he is a walking ick at the moment.

The snivelling and patheticness of him is making my vagina turn inside out

Probably made worse by the fact I had the cold and managed to work (from home) and host Christmas/boxing day without complaint. He is off work so doesn't have to do anything but is acting like he just survived ww1

• Haha
Reactions: 35
@JellyDonut babe get the heck out of there. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING as depressing as spending your life with a tightarse. It's never going to change and will repulse you more and more. I speak from experience.

My final straw was when he had won several thousand one evening gambling (a regular occurrence but he never EVER bought or did anything or treated me with his winnings, just hoarded it like a miser) but couldn't get his shoes on fast enough to get to the pub to get a drink out of a friend who had won Ā£100 on the pub lottery.

I still think of the shock my vagina went into watching him race out of the door to get a free celebratory pint from our lovely friend. What a bellend.

Also the pitying expressions on waitresses faces when I paid (again) because he had "forgotten" his card at dinner šŸ¤¢

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 58

2) he always takes a reusable bag for life to the shop with him (folded up into a near square in his pocket)
3) he gives commentary as heā€™s driving, e.g. ā€œjust going to increase my stopping distance to the car in front becauseā€¦ā€ constantly.
5) he earns a tit tonne of money and has a lot of investments, etc. but is the STINGIEST PERSON I KNOW. He had several free Costa drinks on the app and some were close to expiring heā€™s had them that long. I suggested one Sunday morning we go for a walk into town and use them, just something to do. He immediately began lecturing me on how itā€™s not sensible to use them and if I want a coffee when weā€™re out he has a travel mug we can fill with coffee at home and share it between us whilst weā€™re out . He also literally never treats me to anything, Iā€™ve never had a birthday or Christmas present from him (weā€™ve been together 3 years).
8) he has Google home speaker things and when he talks to them he has to say ā€œok Google, turn my lights onā€ etc and it makes me want to die. Heā€™s also got it set so when he says ā€œok Google, good morningā€ it turns his bedside lamps on and plays the radio
Why are you with him?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
@JellyDonut babe get the heck out of there. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING as depressing as spending your life with a tightarse. It's never going to change and will repulse you more and more. I speak from experience.

My final straw was when he had won several thousand one evening gambling (a regular occurrence but he never EVER bought or did anything or treated me with his winnings, just hoarded it like a miser) but couldn't get his shoes on fast enough to get to the pub to get a drink out of a friend who had won Ā£100 on the pub lottery.

I still think of the shock my vagina went into watching him race out of the door to get a free celebratory pint from our lovely friend. What a bellend.

Also the pitying expressions on waitresses faces when I paid (again) because he had "forgotten" his card at dinner šŸ¤¢
Agreed. One of my mumā€™s friends is married to a massive cheapskate. When they go out for a meal, he refuses to ever tip and he gets his calculator out when the bill comes to ensure he only pays for what heā€™s had.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
He can be very sweet and has a lot of good points as well. I wish he wasnā€™t as tight with money as he is. But I donā€™t know if thatā€™s a reason to break up with someone? Iā€™d feel like a gold digger šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He can be very sweet and has a lot of good points as well. I wish he wasnā€™t as tight with money as he is. But I donā€™t know if thatā€™s a reason to break up with someone? Iā€™d feel like a gold digger šŸ˜…
Well darling there are enough other points that irritate you besides his tight arsedness (which is reason enough to split imho)

I'd be saying goodbye and heading into the New Year without him. ;)

Reactions: 26
Mean with money, mean with time, mean with emotions. Mean people have mean written through them like a stick of rock.

My mum and her 60 year old pals got together, pooled their relationship experiences and decided that the single most important quality in a partner was kindness. Just general kindness to those around them and the people they care about.

I've followed this principle and think it's great (I won't gush about it but my partner is a far, far nicer and kind person than I am and I'm lucky to have him).

Of course your partner has redeeming features, my ex was absolutely bleeping hilarious but his meaness crept into EVERY area of life and soured it.

Also you are hardly a gold digger - wanting your partner to buy you a dinner because he loves you and wants to treat you is hardly strong arming a Porsche out of an 80 year old millionaire. Also no one cares if you dumped his arse for being tight, or because you caught him jamming a gerbil up his bum. No. One. Cares.

Find someone better, there are tons of them x

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Maybe itā€™s just me but Iā€™m not sure we should be encouraging real life people to break up with their partners based on an ick thread on a gossip forumā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Get rid

Maybe itā€™s just me but Iā€™m not sure we should be encouraging real life people to break up with their partners based on an ick thread on a gossip forumā€¦
You are absolutely right but also think shouldnā€™t underestimate how this behaviour can really suck the joy out of life. Me and my partner are both pretty tight with our own budgets and shared groceries etc because we are saving for a shared goal but we still treat each other. I think itā€™s something thatā€™s solvable though, especially if he just tries it and sees how it feels.
Also think the other icks are funny but not that bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Watching them drink from a novelty/custom made cup, you know those ones that have "Johns cup, hands off" on it or "worlds best dad" or a custom photo šŸ˜–

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Generally I agree, but being a tight arse I would argue is a universal ick that never gets any better.

Reactions: 17
Not everyone's cup of tea but I have to grudgingly respect that this guy stuck to his guns and still went with the bravo avocado, even in the face of such naked hostility.

That is what actually made me laugh. I would have met up just for that,

Reactions: 16
When you find out theyā€™re wildly into conspiracy theories and spend hours researching the illuminati. They usually want to shoehorn their theories into most conversations as well.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Men who get their wives / girlfriends to get out the car to ā€˜guideā€™ them into a parking space.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
it's just really not that deep! plus if someone decides to dump their partner based on the opinions of strangers on tattle then that's on them

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.