The ICK #12

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went to the theatre at the weekend and fancied one of the actors so followed him on insta, he has just posted a reel of him having a driving lesson (as a fully grown adult). Turns out one of my icks is a man who can't drive (unless for good reason such as on medical grounds).
A friend of mine met her partner when they were both in their 40s - they're now in their late 50s. He never learnt how to drive, although she's been driving since her late teens. She excuses his non-driving by telling everyone: 'Well, it's just like X says: I've got to this age without learning how to drive, so why would I bother now?'

Yet she has to find the time to drive X 70 miles to a hospital appointment, another 45 miles for some other appointment, and also ferries him in and out of the town or anywhere else he needs, or wants to go, including trips to & from the airport for his family members, etc.

I'm afraid this would give me the ick too. In fact, unless I knew for certain that X had a serious fear/aversion re driving - he'd have been an ex X long before now.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
A friend of mine met her partner when they were both in their 40s - they're now in their late 50s. He never learnt how to drive, although she's been driving since her late teens. She excuses his non-driving by telling everyone: 'Well, it's just like X says: I've got to this age without learning how to drive, so why would I bother now?'

Yet she has to find the time to drive X 70 miles to a hospital appointment, another 45 miles for some other appointment, and also ferries him in and out of the town or anywhere else he needs, or wants to go, including trips to & from the airport for his family members, etc.

I'm afraid this would give me the ick too. In fact, unless I knew for certain that X had a serious fear/aversion re driving - he'd have been an ex X long before now.
men not being able to drive gives me the ick, I know it’s not fair but 🤷🏼‍♀️
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
A friend of mine met her partner when they were both in their 40s - they're now in their late 50s. He never learnt how to drive, although she's been driving since her late teens. She excuses his non-driving by telling everyone: 'Well, it's just like X says: I've got to this age without learning how to drive, so why would I bother now?'

Yet she has to find the time to drive X 70 miles to a hospital appointment, another 45 miles for some other appointment, and also ferries him in and out of the town or anywhere else he needs, or wants to go, including trips to & from the airport for his family members, etc.

I'm afraid this would give me the ick too. In fact, unless I knew for certain that X had a serious fear/aversion re driving - he'd have been an ex X long before now.
I don’t know about the ick as I guess that’s supposed to be something slightly irrational- that guy just sounds lazy and entitled.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Just seen a man with really short legs and a long torso. 🫣
Like legs are supposed to be 2/3 of your body? His were 1/3 if that
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Just seen a man with really short legs and a long torso. 🫣
Like legs are supposed to be 2/3 of your body? His were 1/3 if that
My dad's like that. 6 foot tall and barely 30 inch legs. I'm 5'10 with 33 inches. He's also all belly now so it's even funnier.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Filmed myself packaging something expensive on vinted and watched it back and I’m going to guess I was never picked up as a baby* as the back of my head looks flat. 😳 and that’s even with my hair in a top knot.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 14
The new trailer for Bake Off when they’re digging into something with a fork, when Nigella exaggeratedly clears her throat in the background it really gives me the ick, which is pretty spectacular considering who else is in the advert!!
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
I saw a man sat at a library computer before and he was swigging from a 2 pint bottle of milk next to him like it was a water bottle 🤢
 
  • Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I saw a man sat at a library computer before and he was swigging from a 2 pint bottle of milk next to him like it was a water bottle 🤢
Oof ...that brings back a memory of yuck. Sixteen and desperate for a boyfriend I travelled by bus to meet a guy in town. We then boarded another bus (the romance!) to his house.
He then proceeded to watch a football match, drank a glass of milk and then snogged me and suddenly. Nothing happened further. I was then put on a bus back to town and boarded another bus for home!
The taste of that gross milky kiss though. 🤮
 
  • Sick
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 18
I saw a man sat at a library computer before and he was swigging from a 2 pint bottle of milk next to him like it was a water bottle 🤢
I have issues with dairy and that made my stomach turn just thinking about it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Sorry 🤣 so grim isn’t it, I’ve got a bad gag reflex and it did actually make me heave.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
People accepting compliments on AI pictures of themselves.
I've seen you in the wild hun, your waist isn’t that cinched. Infact, you look like Hagrid IRL
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 17
People accepting compliments on AI pictures of themselves.
I've seen you in the wild hun, your waist isn’t that cinched. Infact, you look like Hagrid IRL
I have an old school friend who posts this tit on fb. Shes the kind I havent spoken to in years but keep on there for the entertainment. Anyway she is at least a size 20 but posts ai pics of herself looking a size 8 and her face is so different yet always says thanks to people when they comment how stunning she looks and makes out shes spent time on her hair 😆 I feel justified in hating her as she used to mock me and others for my weight as a teen.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I work with someone who tells me tales where they all make her out to be the main character ALL THE TIME. There’s a pattern… somebody recognised her, somebody copied her, somebody commented on her, somebody might tell somebody else about her.
I just go along with it because I kind of feel sorry for her and kind of engage with her about by asking questions, but equally I don’t want her to be thinking, God she is gullible believing all these stories. But equally, I cannot be bothered to challenge it because she will just get defensive and crappy with me. It gives me the ick.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Memes that are:

1) Contrived to the extreme, ie "text conversations between employee and boss" that's clearly not a genuine conversation.

2) created by AI, which creates the set up and the joke. For instance there's one where AI has clearly been instructed to create an image of Nicholas Lyndhurst as a lollypop woman, and over the top there's a 'quip' about the parents calling her Dave. (Referring to the ongoing joke in OFAH). It's not a real scenario so why is this funny, and being shared?

3) the reaction memes created for the purpose like the girl pointing upwards with the word "this" rather than a creative use of existing footage/photo.

They all make me feel nauseous.

Also, anyone who said "you have won the Internet today" makes me barf in my mouth and on here gets an instant 'ignore'. No mercy No pardons.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Oh and my colleague does really over the top loud screaming sneezes and appears to really enjoy it when people comment on it. The skin on my back tries to leave over my head it's so cringe.
 
  • Like
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9