The Grand National

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ain’t that a shame & a wave of the sea. The kids picked vanillier, carefully selected & the big dog, I only put 50p or £1 each it’s the only thing I bet on, and still never win lol

Reactions: 2
Lifetime Ambition e/w for me
Eva's Oskar e/w for the missus

Just hope all the horses return safe

Bloody protesters… Mr Incredible may prove to them that you can’t make a horse do anything it doesn’t want to do. They are bred and trained to be athletes and more horses die in their fields in horrific conditions, than racehorses.

Reactions: 4
One of the trainers said the horses are looked after extremely well, better than some people

One of the trainers said the horses are looked after extremely well, better than some people
This is true, but it still doesn’t make it right. I must admit I find it uncomfortable. Horses can’t choose whether or not they want to race. I think a lot of people are starting to change their mind towards the National. Even my Mum who has always put a bet on has said she now thinks is cruel. A horse died at Aintree this afternoon. Racing is a moneyed sport and most owners and trainers and yards are Tories so nothing will change anytime soon sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This is true, but it still doesn’t make it right. I must admit I find it uncomfortable. Horses can’t choose whether or not they want to race. I think a lot of people are starting to change their mind towards the National. Even my Mum who has always put a bet on has said she now thinks is cruel. A horse died at Aintree this afternoon. Racing is a moneyed sport and most owners and trainers and yards are Tories so nothing will change anytime soon sadly.
My dad hated the GN and would never watch.

I've put a bet on though today

Saw a horse fall at the first and didn't get up. They've a screen at the fence now and it's being bypassed.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Ahhh god the screens are up and that fence was missed. That means a horse being Euthenised.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I absolutely hate the grand national. I don’t mind flat racing but it’s just the amount of jumps in the national.
itll never be cancelled though because of how much money it makes unfortunately
---
Saw a horse fall at the first and didn't get up. They've a screen at the fence now and it's being bypassed.
Omg see. It’s disgusting
---
Ahhh god the screens are up and that fence was missed. That means a horse being Euthenised.
One died on the first day as well
How many horses have to die for them to do something about it

Reactions: 6
One died earlier this afternoon as well. That’ll be three, maybe more if there are any other injuries.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
According to Channel 4 commentators the horse is receiving treatment, hopefully he is okay
I hope so 😟.
---
Someone on Twitter has said that the extra waiting around due to the delay has probably unsettled the horses which is why it was chaos

They’re probably right. A delay wasn’t the right thing. Why can’t protesters protest in a calm way!?

Last edited:
Made me laugh when one of the presenters said ' I said to the protesters come to the stables anytime the horses are extremely well looked after' now I don't think that's the issue is it ?its the fact you make them run a 30 jump race! 🤣

Reactions: 11