The Girls Next Door/Girls of the Playboy Mansion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have finished the book. As mentioned above, it’s a muchness about nothing. Everything seems skimmed over and rushed, not much depth to any stories or much gossip, which being honest is why I bought the book 😂 I will admit I enjoyed the book (obviously as I finished it so quickly!) but I feel there could have been waaaaay more tea ☕

Reactions: 3
I have finished the book. As mentioned above, it’s a muchness about nothing. Everything seems skimmed over and rushed, not much depth to any stories or much gossip, which being honest is why I bought the book 😂 I will admit I enjoyed the book (obviously as I finished it so quickly!) but I feel there could have been waaaaay more tea ☕
Interesting. Thank you for the review.

That’s exactly how I felt about it. She glosses over the things we really want to know.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone listened to Crystal on the Saving Grace podcast? It’s maybe because I have read the book that I found it a HARD listen. It’s like she’s got a script and just repeats it over and over! I also think she’s got quite a boring voice if I’m honest 🙈

Reactions: 2
I'm currently listening to Crystals book and I've read the others. The thing that annoys me (and I'm not victim blaming) is all of them have said they knew what Hef was like before anything got serious, they knew the deal and all decided to stay to try and make Playmate or get something out of it. So for them to turn around and act the victim and act like they didn't know what they were getting into and had no choice irks me somewhat. These aren't women that were exposed to someone who used typical techniques of abusers and then got trapped. Hef was a straight up hole from day one and they all admitted they stayed to get something out of it. That's not to say he wasn't awful and they didn't experience awful things, but they knew that going in.

Kendra is the only one that has been straight up and owned it.

Reactions: 10
I'm currently listening to Crystals book and I've read the others. The thing that annoys me (and I'm not victim blaming) is all of them have said they knew what Hef was like before anything got serious, they knew the deal and all decided to stay to try and make Playmate or get something out of it. So for them to turn around and act the victim and act like they didn't know what they were getting into and had no choice irks me somewhat. These aren't women that were exposed to someone who used typical techniques of abusers and then got trapped. Hef was a straight up hole from day one and they all admitted they stayed to get something out of it. That's not to say he wasn't awful and they didn't experience awful things, but they knew that going in.

Kendra is the only one that has been straight up and owned it.
You don't get to sell your soul to the devil and buy it back so to speak

Reactions: 6
So, I'm almost done with the book. In the Girls Next Level podcast, they mentioned several times how they were not allowed to visit Hef as he was dying. I was hoping to get some more info on that, but she barely mentions Holly and when she does, it's more about how Holly used to be in her place before, and nothing else. Disappointed.

So, I'm almost done with the book. In the Girls Next Level podcast, they mentioned several times how they were not allowed to visit Hef as he was dying. I was hoping to get some more info on that, but she barely mentions Holly and when she does, it's more about how Holly used to be in her place before, and nothing else. Disappointed.
I have only dipped in and out of the podcast - did Holly & Bridget want to visit Hef as he was dying?

Reactions: 1
I have only dipped in and out of the podcast - did Holly & Bridget want to visit Hef as he was dying?
Loool your icon.

Holly less so, but increasingly between guests on the podcast it’s becoming apparent there was a real shift in the mansion dynamic when Crystal took her spot both in terms of how fun things were and how welcoming it was. Like HH had always welcome exes, especially the most recent ones, likely to keep them cute/quiet. Holly has said (and I’m a Patreon subscriber so this might be from there) how HH must have been so confused as to why everyone had abandoned him before he’d died. The funeral (as per Crystal’s book) was super small too, doesn’t sound as if the sons or their mum even attended. Bridget had tried to visit both Mary and HH and was blocked from both, Crystal has since come out and said HH never asked after Bridget and how Crystal wouldn’t have had the power to block her from coming up anyway.

On the Patreon episode this week Bridget mentions visiting the grave (by chance, not a dedicated visit) and they both said they’d like to go there but wouldn’t want to be seen there. Which is the most open to seeing HH post book Holly has ever been? Bridget said she felt uncomfortable being there and her mum pointed out it was probably the result of feeling like she wasn’t “allowed” at the mansion. (Source: Patreon).

Sorry for essay I’m so fascinated by this dynamic/the legacy of playboy lmao so read a lot on it/consume a ton of content 🫣

ETA - to make up for disclosing Patreon content I will say it’s gotten very juicy the last month or two since Crystal’s book, they’re not constantly at her but I think the book coming out and a lot of people side eyeing Crystal & her conduct has empowered them a bit more? Like they’ve drawn a line under the possibility of them ever getting along now.

But Crystal hasn't even said anything bad about either of them. They don't have anything to hate on. I just think H&B are throwing their toys out if the pram because they weren't invited into his life as he was dying. I can fully believe Hef never mentioned Bridget, he always seemed like he wasn't bothered about her when she was there.

The thing I don’t understand with Holly and Bridget is that they’ve seen the Playboy documentary and Sondra Theodore’s story etc etc and how Hef was a bully and a predator yet they won’t publicly denounce him

The thing I don’t understand with Holly and Bridget is that they’ve seen the Playboy documentary and Sondra Theodore’s story etc etc and how Hef was a bully and a predator yet they won’t publicly denounce him
Wont be expecting it to happen with the new drama series coming out based on Holly's book then

How has Holly not publicly denounced him? She is very open about her feelings towards him

• Heart
But Crystal hasn't even said anything bad about either of them. They don't have anything to hate on. I just think H&B are throwing their toys out if the pram because they weren't invited into his life as he was dying. I can fully believe Hef never mentioned Bridget, he always seemed like he wasn't bothered about her when she was there.
I agree - even though B was the number 2 girlfriend. Hef seemed to focus way more on Holly & Kendra.

Also- anyone up for doing a rewatch? Haven't seen the episodes in years and they all seem to be on Youtube under the channel, 'Kendra Wilkinson Baskett Fan Page.'

The nostalgia!

How has Holly not publicly denounced him? She is very open about her feelings towards him
I’ve never ever heard her say “that dark tit in Secrets of Playboy about bestiality, rape, being a drugs mule, filming women without their consent was news to me and I am appalled by this and Sondra’s story and I’ll stand with her”

She’s roundly just ignored the unignorable.

Yes she has been outspoken about Hef but that’s about his treatment of her - not her predecessors at the Mansion