The Girls Next Door/Girls of the Playboy Mansion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys! So I recently listened to the Call Her Daddy podcast with Holly Madison, one of the ex girlfriends of Hugh Hefner. It reminded me that I loved their show and went looking and found the majority of the episodes of The Girls Next Door/Girls of the Playboy Mansion which was shown on E! years ago! It was a reality programme following the lives of Hugh Hefner and his 3 girlfriends Holly Madison, Bridget Marquartd and Kendra Wilkinson.

I knew I was young when I used to watch this when my mum was watching it and I just googled and if the dates were correct I was about 10 or 11 years old when i first started watching it! 😂 (dates may be wrong for when it aired in the UK)

I have been binge watching the episodes and currently on series 2 and I have also read Holly Madisons books a few years ago but may need to read it again as it was good if you’re like me and like biography type

I have never met anyone who also watched this programme so would love to know if anyone on here has seen it and what their opinions of it are! Watching it back now as a 26 years old and noticing all these things I never noticed before is so funny!

Reactions: 17
I watched the whole of this show including after the main 3 girls left! I really liked it but after seeing some of the things Holly has said I wonder if I'd think differently if I were to watch it again.

Reactions: 13
I highly suggest reading Bunny Tales by Izabella St.James its takes place pre GND era the original 7 girlfriend group, the filming of MTV Cribs etc.
Even tho Holly claimed in Down the Rabbit Hole she never had feelings for Hef she had a funny way of showing it by successfully kicking out 5 gf (Bridget stayed bc Holly knew she was in it for the benefits/wasn't trying to marry the man)

Its so funny watching it as an adult how fake they were to each other. Realizing how bitchy Bridget was liquoring up future playmates before the morning of a photoshoot so they look like tit. Kendra didn't lose Carmela's present it was stolen by a guest during one of Hef's movie nights

Reactions: 13
Same had watched all the tv shows and read the books. I watched Hollys show when she moved to Vegas as well.

Crystal did very well out of it all after Holly left, she seems to be travelling the world?

Anyone remember the twins? Absolute brats!

Reactions: 9
I remember watching it and all Holly wanted to do was marry Hef and have his child. I think hef knew she wouldn't be worth marrying.

Reactions: 11
Yes I used to watch that! I always got the impression that Holly was somewhat the top dog (or top bunny perhaps I should say) in that house. Liked her though.

I loved this show! I read the memoir of Isabella St James who was a resident in the period where he had 7 girlfriends. I find that in all the recollections of the former residents nearly all say Holly and Bridget were massive witches, so I think there's probably some truth in that. But, in hindsight they were probably all quite vulnerable to an extent.

Reactions: 6
I used to love that show and read the two books by Holly and Isabella. I’d love to rewatch! Wish they would put it on hayu

Reactions: 5
I loved this show but after reading the books by Izabella and Holly they certainly give a different impression from what life there was actually like, i'd love to watch them all again now knowing what I know from the books and seeing if it comes across more obvious once you know what you're looking for.

Reactions: 7
Omg hello follow GNDers!!!☺☺

I am defo going to read the other girls book, thank you for the recommendation!

If you search on YouTube there’s loads of episodes! I’m currently on series 2😋

When I watch it back so many things don’t make sense! Listening to Holly talk about Hef and the relationship now and then watching her on the show are very different. I defo think she wanted Hef to herself but then at the same time it doesn’t make sense really when she left when Bridget and Kendra did.

I noticed as well Holly and Bridget are always the ones next to Hef then it’s Kendra next to Bridget. Holly said that in Kendras book she didn’t mention that she had to sleep with Hef before moving into the mansion, which is supposedly what would have to had happened, but watching it I feel like Hef just liked Kendra being around but not in a romantic way. She was just 19 when she moved into the mansion(crazy!!) and I can’t quite remember but did Hef not help out with her wedding? I briefly remember watching her spin off show. She’s always had many nice things to say about Hef. Holly not so much!

Who remembers Mary, Hef's assistant? She passed some years before Hef. I couldn't believe how gross - old, dirty and cramped - her office was.

A couple or so years ago, James and David from Million Dollar Listing held the listing for the Bunny Ranch (as well as the home that 'Mommy Dearest' was set in). The Bunny Ranch formed one of the storylines for The Girls Next Door - I think Holly, Bridget and Kendra were decorating it or something. Anyhoo, it looked ghastly on MDL - very, very run down, dated and dirty.

Kendra is now a realtor for Mauricio Umansky's agency (the husband of Kyle Richards from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills). She's been there for a while (almost a year) and has yet to get a listing! Not a good sign ...

Omg hello follow GNDers!!!☺☺

I am defo going to read the other girls book, thank you for the recommendation!

If you search on YouTube there’s loads of episodes! I’m currently on series 2😋

When I watch it back so many things don’t make sense! Listening to Holly talk about Hef and the relationship now and then watching her on the show are very different. I defo think she wanted Hef to herself but then at the same time it doesn’t make sense really when she left when Bridget and Kendra did.

I noticed as well Holly and Bridget are always the ones next to Hef then it’s Kendra next to Bridget. Holly said that in Kendras book she didn’t mention that she had to sleep with Hef before moving into the mansion, which is supposedly what would have to had happened, but watching it I feel like Hef just liked Kendra being around but not in a romantic way. She was just 19 when she moved into the mansion(crazy!!) and I can’t quite remember but did Hef not help out with her wedding? I briefly remember watching her spin off show. She’s always had many nice things to say about Hef. Holly not so much!
Holly is bitter that Hef wouldn't marry her and couldn't give her children. That aside, a lot of the content was *allegedly* pre-approved by Hef himself, so things would only be presented in a certain way (i.e., what they say now, many years after the show and with Hef dead, will most likely contradict what they said on air at the time). I doubt living at the mansion was as fun as they made it out to be ... apparently it smelt really, really bad when the new owner took ownership, despite the cleaners having been in. Many, many years of orgies, drugs, dogs peeing everywhere, and goodness knows only what would do that to a property.

Last edited:
So what books shall i read from ex bunnies?

I used to absolutely LOVE thos series!!

Reactions: 3
Who remembers Mary, Hef's assistant? She passed some years before Hef. I couldn't believe how gross - old, dirty and cramped - her office was.

A couple or so years ago, James and David from Million Dollar Listing held the listing for the Bunny Ranch (as well as the home that 'Mommy Dearest' was set in). The Bunny Ranch formed one of the storylines for The Girls Next Door - I think Holly, Bridget and Kendra were decorating it or something. Anyhoo, it looked ghastly on MDL - very, very run down, dated and dirty.

Kendra is now a realtor for Mauricio Umansky's agency (the husband of Kyle Richards from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills). She's been there for a while (almost a year) and has yet to get a listing! Not a good sign ...

Holly is bitter that Hef wouldn't marry her and couldn't give her children. That aside, a lot of the content was *allegedly* pre-approved by Hef himself, so things would only be presented in a certain way (i.e., what they say now, many years after the show and with Hef dead, will most likely contradict what they said on air at the time). I doubt living at the mansion was as fun as they made it out to be ... apparently it smelt really, really bad when the new owner took ownership, despite the cleaners having been in. Many, many years of orgies, drugs, dogs peeing everywhere, and goodness knows only what would do that to a property.
Oh yes I loved Mary! Holly seemed to spend a lot of time in Mary’s office. I believe Mary was quite a good friend/mother figure to the girls. She probably heard some things throughout the years of working for Hef but I think he did really respect her and her husband, Captain Bob as they called him. You’d often see them on trips and at events with Hef which was really nice.

I read in hollys book I think that the grotto was horrible! The towels had holes in them, many people supposedly got not well from the water too!

I also heard that Holly would usually take the brunt of Hefs moods. You can defo see that in the programme. She mentions of food was late or someone was late he would take it out on Holly verbally. I think we need to remember he was 80 at the time and most 80 year old can be a bit grouchy 🤣 so funny in the same year Hef celebrated his 80th, Kendra celebrated her 21st!

So what books shall i read from ex bunnies?

I used to absolutely LOVE thos series!!
Hollys book is “Down the Rabbit Hole” I’m not sure of the other one but I’ll have a look as I also want to read it!

Loved the show at the time, watched holly and kendras shows after and have both of hollys books. Stopped watching when the main three left though.

Is it on anywhere to rewatch easily?

Reactions: 4
Loved the show at the time, watched holly and kendras shows after and have both of hollys books. Stopped watching when the main three left though.

Is it on anywhere to rewatch easily?
This is where I’ve been watching it! If you go to the uploaders page and go to playlists they’ve uploaded series 1-5! Some episodes are missing but not many at all, maybe 1 episode per series so not too bad.

This is where I’ve been watching it! If you go to the uploaders page and go to playlists they’ve uploaded series 1-5! Some episodes are missing but not many at all, maybe 1 episode per series so not too bad.
Sorry that link maybe only takes you to the first episode! Here’s the uploaders page, hope this works! https://youtube.com/channel/UC2_TjLtNbrcldLPApUdud5w

Yes, meeeee! I never had Sky so had to wait for them to be uploaded onto some dodgy streaming site. I really enjoyed them at the time, but looking back, you can see the fakery in it all.

I did hear that girls had an early curfew (unless out with Hef,) and given very little allowance. I don’t think they had much control whilst living there.