The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is true! I think if I was her I'd try to keep my hand in with the styling though. She doesn't even really try to style herself anymore.

I think what she tries to represent is great but she fails miserably. I really liked her when she was styling - thats why I followed her, nothing to do with the frugal slant but she just seems a proper slob these days and the "kids are so hard" angle really irritates me.

Reactions: 5
She enjoys being gifted the finer things, the pricey items, yet when she’s putting her hand in her own pocket it’s second hand, cheap or a trip to ikea.
Such mixed messages.

Reactions: 7
I don't know why she doesn't get back into the styling work. Surely that's got to be more stable and have more longevity than being an influencer.
I don’t think there is styling work at the moment. If you have to cut a person from a shoot, the stylist is an easy one to go. Most have to have their fingers in other pies or do a lot of unpaid work on the side to raise their profile - not that profile is a problem for Alex.

Reactions: 1
I am just watching her kitchen video and have realised she isn’t good at explaining things and they definitely don’t cook a lot. She’s revealing what’s in the tiny cupboard and she says “it’s the cooking things”. I am not sure what she means, I mean isn’t kitchen basically full of cooking things?!?
She does come across really delusion saying this is a budget kitchen but they have a hot water tap and two ovens?

I suppose if she dropped the frugal angle her whole blog would would be more relatable as readers would just accept that some things are luxury without the forced pretence of appearing frugal.

Reactions: 4
I think what Alex misses is that it’s not frugal to remortgage and put a nice new kitchen and house in general on credit cards and end up in debt. It’s frugal to keep your kitchen as it is (although I appreciate their house was very run down) or end up living with it. I earn a good wage outside of London and can’t afford to do my kitchen or bathrooms to the spec/look that I would want. I could get into debt but I won’t do that. I also just think in reality does anyone who comes to your house even care what your kitchen is like or the small details. Before I bought my house I had big dreams of wanting a gorgeous kitchen but gradually it all becomes less and less important in life, especially at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think what Alex misses is that it’s not frugal to remortgage and put a nice new kitchen and house in general on credit cards and end up in debt. It’s frugal to keep your kitchen as it is (although I appreciate their house was very run down) or end up living with it. I earn a good wage outside of London and can’t afford to do my kitchen or bathrooms to the spec/look that I would want. I could get into debt but I won’t do that. I also just think in reality does anyone who comes to your house even care what your kitchen is like or the small details. Before I bought my house I had big dreams of wanting a gorgeous kitchen but gradually it all becomes less and less important in life, especially at the moment.
(y) (y)Maybe in the rich men world she is frugal but not in our world

Reactions: 3
I also have a kitchen from DIY Kitchens. They offer different colour carcasses at the same price as white ones, and would have offered dark carcasses as standard with her green cupboard fronts!

Yeah I have to say, it would be obvious to me to order dark carcasses with dark doors and light with light 🤷‍♀️

I'm sorry if this had always been said, I'm a on/off lurker. Please delete if not allowed.

But I'm getting tired of the constant pregnancy shots/story content. I know she's gone through a really difficult time with her previous pregnancy, and I do think it's lovely she's pregnant again, and looks amazing... but why the constant body shots of her bump?

Maybe it's just me, I followed her for style, travel, and home inspiration. I just don't understand these influencers and their need to show off their bumps. We know they're pregnant, I feel it's a bit braggy at times 😕

Reactions: 6
Probably because she doesn’t have any other content.
I recently unfollowed a vegan account after the couple announced they were pregnant and then showed a close up of her naked quite large bump.

• Sick
Probably because she doesn’t have any other content.
I recently unfollowed a vegan account after the couple announced they were pregnant and then showed a close up of her naked quite large bump.
I honestly don't understand the need to share so much, I feel like some of these people would moan about people treating them differently because they're pregnant, or that people touching their bumps is out of order... Yet they're happy to over share bump pics.

Is it validation for them, that they're actually pregnant? I get that it's exciting, I have 2, recently had a baby... But I didn't need to post constantly bump pics 😅

I unfollowed an account when she announced she was pregnant, because as I predicted it was constant.

I don't mind a few posts, but not everyday. I actually think feathering the empty eat shared just enough pregnancy content, which was tastefully done.

@carriexbradshaw I didn’t mind the announcement, but it was the naked bump picture that made me unfollow. If they portrayed that at that point, then I was dreading what might follow later on. That is not what their account is about.

Reactions: 1
Not singling Alex out especially but repeated bump pics irritate the tit out of me. Like most people, I'm always pleased for the owner of whatever bump it is and we all know that pregnancy is a super exciting time but the constant rubbing, gazing smugly into the camera is just so cringe. Anneli Bush is terrible for it ATM and mumlife_styled was also nauseatingly bad. It must be a really hard watch for women who are struggling to have babies and I agree it always strikes me as braggy. (Disclaimer: I have children and took loads of bump pics when I was pg but certainly didn't feel the need to post them for likes).

Reactions: 2
Not singling Alex out especially but repeated bump pics irritate the tit out of me. Like most people, I'm always pleased for the owner of whatever bump it is and we all know that pregnancy is a super exciting time but the constant rubbing, gazing smugly into the camera is just so cringe. Anneli Bush is terrible for it ATM and mumlife_styled was also nauseatingly bad. It must be a really hard watch for women who are struggling to have babies and I agree it always strikes me as braggy. (Disclaimer: I have children and took loads of bump pics when I was pg but certainly didn't feel the need to post them for likes).
Exactly the same feelings. Didn't want to single Alex out but I think she's the only Instagrammer that I follow who is pregnant, I've unfollowed the others. 😅 IMO pregnancy isn't content, unless your Instagram is aimed at that audience.

A friend of a friend tried to take her own life because of the constant pregnancy updates on social media, we found out afterwards it's because she was desperate to have a baby, but couldn't, had had 14 miscarriages and she felt like a huge failure. I guess she could've unfollowed, but sometimes it's not that easy... As we all know social media can be addicting and trigger things.

Not saying that Alex and others are causing that much pain to others, but it must be hard for other women who are seeing this regularly, they can unfollow, but I guess if you're following them for home/fashion inspiration then you don't really expect seeing continuous pregnancy posts.

The smugness gets to me too, we get that you're pregnant 😅

• Sad
I lol at all her cook books, surely those are for decorations only. I wanted to get sambal & coconut cookbook but I am afraid that it will be too difficult and troublesome to cook and I do cook properly! I just couldn't imagine the Stedman family will cook something from Sabor, Trullo and Sambal & Coconut.

Deliciously Ella was one I had to unfollow when her entire 'food' Instagram started revolving around pregnancy / birth / baby's. I came for the food, not a picture of you birthing in a plastic adult nappy 🙄😩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.