The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The suitcase is going to stay there until _____

Fill in the blank (10marks)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
God, the meme on her Stories that the only people who unpack the day they get back are serial killers, immediately followed by a tribute to Sabina Nessa is unfortunate in the extreme.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
That makes me a serial killer or does it just make me not a lazy witch

also I agree what bad taste it was putting that comment up before talking about a poor girl who’s been murdered 😕

Reactions: 7
I’m baffled that she has the time or inclination to be scouring the internet for people who wear glasses and this is the content she believes she deserves to be paid for and resents having to provide it for ‘free’.

Her content this week was an Ad for underwear (which is probably why she was posting boring stories about bras in the lead-uo) dreary holiday content and back on the glasses soapbox today - nothing interesting, creative, funny, inspirational. Really who wants to seem her unpacked suitcases fully of dirty laundry with a dirty old sandal in the mix and them seeing her kick the suitcases into the doorway of an already overflowing room.

As has been said numerous times, Alex’s skills are fashion styling, it was what she was good at and we see the odd glimpse of it now. But that seems to bore her now but she reluctantly plods on producing content to attract brands to advertise with her because it’s well paid and enabled her to work very part time from home.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This glasses shite is boring af. I wear glasses and couldn't give a toss if someone wants to try them on or comment on them. Wearing glasses shouldn't be in lieu of a personality

Reactions: 7
She just comes across as weirdly angry with everything she does! I wonder if she is struggling and it's seeping into her "content". (I would struggle if I had so little purpose in my life tbh!)

Reactions: 9
Wtaf is that reel. I wear glasses no one ever comments, just bore off. Also this pouty moody AF face before it starts 😂
I’ve worn glasses since I was 7, and can never remember anyone commenting on them except to say they’re nice and where did I get them from! She’s seriously got no content

Reactions: 4
She’s lost the plot with these Glasses stories. Going on about glass wearers being under-represented but yet has no difficult in compiling photos of so many actually wearing them. All that is going on in the world and she’s trying to make a story out of a non story.

I wish white privileged middle class influencers had this kind of energy for unrepresented minorities - do black lives still matter to Alex? Haven’t seen her mention it in a while. Kinda more important than glasses.

• Heart
I’ve worn glasses since I was 7, and can never remember anyone commenting on them except to say they’re nice and where did I get them from! She’s seriously got no content
I don’t wear glasses but I accept that some people probably comment on them & have to Alex, & to some of her followers.

Either way it’s not content, it’s about her & she has found some support amongst her followers about it. I can only assume that is why she is keeping up with the content that so appeals fo fellow privileged people who as my mother would say must have nothing else to worry about.

But it’s just another fairly extreme example of the fact that she doesn’t appear to consider the content she puts out from the point of view of her followers. She started with styling which she is good at and money saving tips & now it’s descended into the most random stuff. One post on this topic would have been plenty. It’s lazy content, glasses Friday is just a quick Google of images of famous people in glasses. Work over for the day!

Reactions: 4
The edgyness of her not unpacking on the day she arrives home. This is the quality content we’re here for people. duck ME 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I unfollowed Alex just before her holiday, during one of her “I only talk about glasses” rampages. Popped back to nose at what she’s been up to (sad, I know) and she’s STILL taking about glasses. She has lost it.

PS. I I wear glasses. Thought I should say. Apparently its very important to tell people.

Reactions: 8
If she’s in her 40s and gets so worked up about someone commenting about her glasses that she continues to post exclusively about them for over couple of weeks she’s both very privileged and completely insecure about herself. I can imagine people commenting about her frames because she always picks the least flattering style not because they have an issue with glasses wearers. She’s immature and out of touch like Lily and her curly hair struggles. I have curly hair and wear glasses, according to these two my life is tough 😂

• Haha
If she’s in her 40s and gets so worked up about someone commenting about her glasses that she continues to post exclusively about them for over couple of weeks she’s both very privileged and completely insecure about herself. I can imagine people commenting about her frames because she always picks the least flattering style not because they have an issue with glasses wearers. She’s immature and out of touch like Lily and her curly hair struggles. I have curly hair and wear glasses, according to these two my life is tough 😂
It’s not over a couple of weeks, it’s every Friday going forward with no end date in sight!

Reactions: 3
Apart from the glasses insanity - why would they repaint a bathroom instead of getting the tiles done outside. It’s been dry today - I do not get their laziness logic

Reactions: 8
She MUST be losing engagement on all those glasses posts. You can’t even see how many there are anymore if you wanted to just skip through the glasses part. I just flick straight past her now. Sooo annoying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.