The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ on a bike! Those pictures and books DIRECTLY ABOVE Cato's crib give me the heebie jeebies, and I know nothing about raising children.
She’s quite a few negative comments about this under her post and I think she might have deleted some comments too,

Reactions: 5
Wow, that’s a lot of pushback on the unsafe sleeping conditions. And a borderline passive aggressive reply from Alex made no less passive aggressive with the heart emoji.

AC704110-519B-4F7D-B346-8A33BD3A019E.jpeg

A54EEACE-594C-4EFD-AAC0-3F4E2B725572.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Wow, that’s a lot of pushback on the unsafe sleeping conditions. And a borderline passive aggressive reply from Alex made no less passive aggressive with the heart emoji.

View attachment 639267
View attachment 639269
There’s something about her using the medical termination of her last pregnancy with the twins that really doesn’t sit right with me here. What happened is obviously very sad but I don’t like how she’s using it to garner sympathy here instead of owning up and saying she messed up. Her including that in a comment is very easily lost too. I saw she replied to someone asking about where the bumpers were from by just saying they’re old, but not also including ‘but we’ve removed them now for safety, we just used them for decoration before he was sleeping in the cot’ which surely implies that they do use them?

she should either delete the picture or edit the caption so it clearly states to not try and emulate as it’s unsafe ! Really dangerous influencing, as if she could get worse 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Christ on a bike! Those pictures and books DIRECTLY ABOVE Cato's crib give me the heebie jeebies, and I know nothing about raising children.
Yep, it’s not a good idea. Don’t get me started on the cot bumpers; I really hope they’re for show (ie. Instagram).

I think someone above hit the nail on the head; she’s still trying to live a bit of a Carrie Bradshaw life!

Edit - just saw her comments in response. Sooooo defensive.

Last edited:
Yes, a huge amount of comments pointing out the dangers. Also, the cot is so shallow the baby will be flipping himself over the rails in no time.

How does losing your unborn twins relate to this danger, she needs a big slap.

She is my most hated influencers for now, I find her absolutely fake and she can't even keep with her own BS. I don't find her pretty, her style is very Oliver Bonas which is pretty much what everyone is wearing now, she is not frugal....why is she an influencers

• Heart
Reactions: 21
How does losing your unborn twins relate to this danger, she needs a big slap.

She is my most hated influencers for now, I find her absolutely fake and she can't even keep with her own BS. I don't find her pretty, her style is very Oliver Bonas which is pretty much what everyone is wearing now, she is not frugal....why is she an influencers
It’s such an annoying influencer habit to weaponise their personal trauma in order to deflect any negativity coming their way. ‘We lost our babies we would never do anything to harm our children’ she says as she posts a picture of a very unsafe sleeping set up. Such a contradiction.

I really dislike her too. I have on good info from my brothers girlfriend who works in the industry that Alex charges around £5k for 4 Sunday’s of Instagram stories. She can earn £5k per month from just ONE brand for 4 sets of stories. Way way more for a grid post. The frugal angle is a scam and her not sharing her upper story extension makes her a liar and a fraud.

NB: my info is second hand so might be misremembering but I think that’s what it is

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She’s definitely posted this pic before cos I remember writing a comment about it - it must have been on her stories? Surely these people will have DMed and she ignored it?

My baby is a few months older but:
* choking risk from dolls house small bits
* risk of baby pulling themselves up on shelf and managing to fall from cot, books fall, shelf falls
* risk with the metal wire name - poking, choking
* risk with the glass frames coming down or a baby slapping them and smashing the glass
* cot bumper is an absolute death trap
* having all this tit around the room doesn’t signal / validate to the older child that baby can’t have anything in with them. So what’s stopping the older child leaving a “toy” or something else that poses a risk?

I can’t understand it. I cannot understand how you could leave your baby in that bed, and not only that but proudly Instagram it? Miscarrying twins is absolutely heart breaking but a very different issue and loss to endangering your full term healthy baby for aesthetics.

Once again with this crowd - can you imagine if this was a working class mum with a load of Hinch grey velvet B&M bargains clogging up a cot? They’d be in the bleeping Sun.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
And if the baby can sit up by themselves, the mattress and should be lowered.

I’m very surprised at the amount of comments about this on her post and from people with large and medium sized accounts, not ones that Have 0 posts and followers. All genuine accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She deleted the original comments, she is so aggressive with her “sorry if some of you were horrified” i.e. sorry if some of you were hysterical. There are some very measured comments further down from people worried about the cot bumpers and books on the shelf.

• Heart
When I first started following her I always thought she was quite accountable, but it’s a bleeping poor show her now deleting negative comments. She could really turn this around and post an update or another picture showing the changes she’s made but no, she’ll just be super passive aggy and keep moaning about how we should be grateful for all this ‘excellent free content’.

And whilst we’re on the subject of room sharing, my 2 did when they were both sleeping through and had past the point of 5am starts - and I waited until they’d got into good sleeping patterns because I wanted both of them to get as much sleep as possible because sleep is so important for babies and toddlers. She says that Cato regularly wakes Peggy early but yaknow, that’s ok cos a shared room looks super cute for the ’gram.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She likes them sharing because it leaves the the third bedroom (the recently extended one) feee for her own wardrobe, a sofa bed and for it to be another staging room. She doesn’t need another child’s room cutely decorated to show her diverse range of children’s books, the absence of any plastic, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She likes them sharing because it leaves the the third bedroom (the recently extended one) feee for her own wardrobe, a sofa bed and for it to be another staging room. She doesn’t need another child’s room cutely decorated to show her diverse range of children’s books, the absence of any plastic, etc.
I was about to type the same.

I have a child at uni and their bedroom has slowly been overtaken by my clothes and shoes. It’s bliss. 😎

But I’ve waited many years for that extra space! I kept babies in with me until they were well over twelve months before putting them with a sibling to ensure everyone was sleeping well. And a full size cot in my bedroom really challenged my aesthetics. 😉

The room was clearly originally set up just for P, and isn't big enough for the 2 of them if the only place to put the cot was underneath those shelves. What are they going to do when both the kids need a single bed? (Lol silly me, they'll have saved up for a secret loft conversion by then!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The passive aggressive tone in response to the comments re sleep safety is horrible! To be frank, a lot of Mums use cot bumpers to stop babies banging their heads and I think it is their risk to take and shouldn’t be judged about it. But the book shelves are just silly, as soon as Cato can sit up he’ll just pull them down all the time and quite obviously bang his head on the edge. Common sense is seriously lacking here.

So basically, she took the book off while the shelf is still there. Cato is still sleeping under a few hanging shelf and picture frames, I will get anxiety even as an adult. It is just basic common sense.

I think what she described is a lie, she can't even work like a normal people, I don't believe she removes the books. Her kids room looks like orphanage to me, it is full of random tit

• Haha
I think they made a mistake shoe horning an ensuite into the main bedroom, that house is tight for space, and the family size the total living space allows doesn't warrant 2 bathrooms. More wardrobe/storage space so the kids can have a bedroom each makes more sense, it would also give them extra space for the clutter in the office so they can keep that space clear to 'work'.

I can’t wait for her passive aggressive chat or post later about the kids room. It will be like the cots sheets when she was really rude to people who suggested stuff for her or that even weirder time when she told her followers not to ask her questions about stuff she has posted about or any of her content and to google it themselves.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.