The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re not wealthy. She’s winging it. They’ve rented a house in the wrong side of Fulham - there’s a sewage works a stone throw away from their house. You are mistaken. It’s very easy to purport to having a vast handbag collection but if that’s your measurement of wealth you are mistaken. The truly rich do not show it. Nevertheless if she gives you something to “lol” that is fun for you. Again smoke and mirrors and a few rolls of wallpaper means nothing. Also she’s not a socialite. She just has some Instagram friends that’s all. She’s never at the smart London parties
If she’s ‘not wealthy’ I must be a complete pauper by comparison! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I reckon she’s earning well from Instagram too. It’s clear she gets a lot of messages about her kids clothes. It’s quite clever, dress your kids cute and the queries come in and the swipe up links must earn £££. She’s got 340k followers so could easily be making £100k a year from insta. If not more? It’s incredibly lucrative esp in the mummy blogger space.

she might not be old money or rich as some in London but who cares. She’s still richer than 99% of people in this country. Even having four kids most ordinary families simply cannot afford that! I would agree insta is smoke and mirrors so I am sure some of what she shows is embellished but then again show me an influencer that isn’t doing that? Most buy hauls then send it all back or stand outside houses that aren’t their own.
I’m not in London so had not idea there’s a good or bad part of Fulham but again let’s be honest, her home there is still bigger and nicer than most people’s regardless of location!

Also doesn’t she say herself that they rent? At least she’s honest. Compare to a lot of people on Instagram I don’t think Laura is as bad as most for pretending she’s something she’s not.

Reactions: 3
Agree with everyone, by any measure Laura lives a charmed life!

It’s her shoddy ad declarations, endless shopping, overly idealised depiction of parenting, and over-dressed fashion sense I find tattle worthy. Not her house location.

Reactions: 12
there is a huge disparity in what people class as wealthy

To me (from what I can see) she is filthy stinking rich, renting or not.
Even to rent that house, hire those handbags, shop in Chanel would be outside the realms of possibility for me and the vast majority of people I know. As I’ve commented in the past I follow her for escapism

However, to some who mix within the same circles, schools, postcodes etc, she clearly is of a lower scale of wealth.
It’s another world to me, it has however, highlighted the sheer snobbery and how difficult it must be to be accepted within those social communities no matter how much money you have 😬 x x

Reactions: 13
there is a huge disparity in what people class as wealthy

To me (from what I can see) she is filthy stinking rich, renting or not.
Even to rent that house, hire those handbags, shop in Chanel would be outside the realms of possibility for me and the vast majority of people I know. As I’ve commented in the past I follow her for escapism

However, to some who mix within the same circles, schools, postcodes etc, she clearly is of a lower scale of wealth.
It’s another world to me, it has however, highlighted the sheer snobbery and how difficult it must be to be accepted within those social communities no matter how much money you have 😬 x x
Personally I think it’s pathetic and I can’t believe people are still voicing such opinions in this day and age. Especially the poster who said their sister is scathing of Laura, I mean really? I’d rather be scoffed at than be accepted by and friends with someone like that ✌

Reactions: 9
Personally I think it’s pathetic and I can’t believe people are still voicing such opinions in this day and age. Especially the poster who said their sister is scathing of Laura, I mean really? I’d rather be scoffed at than be accepted by and friends with someone like that ✌
I think for some reason I’ve triggered you, and I’m sorry you’re so upset. Calling me or my sister (who you obviously don’t know) ‘pathetic’ is not ok. I merely pointed out, as others have done, that there is a discrepancy between image and reality, which is sadly the nature of social media, and something that someone should be able to share their opinion about on a forum without having their throat jumped down or accused of snobbery. We are all coming together from different backgrounds and interpretations of what we see on social media (and none of us actually know the truth other than perhaps a couple of people who are then accused of having ‘an axe to grind’. I also think you have repeatedly missed my point in your various responses (such as when you said there was nothing wrong with renting a handbag - of course there isn’t! and when you talked about billionaires and what cars they drive (totally missing my point). I don’t care how wealthy or not wealthy someone is (and highlighted right from the outset as others have done, that she’s clearly doing well - her industry is very lucrative). I merely mentioned a few examples of where the image doesn’t match with the reality. No need to get angry and name call. Signing out now. Sending you peace 🙏

Reactions: 4
Some of us are close to the detail……you decide what to believe. Wrong side of Fulham, rented house, GDST subsidised school fees, lots of freebies, no smart memberships anywhere. Smoke and mirrors ladies. You click and she earns. All for the gram. No axe to grind - the truly wealthy keep it firmly below the radar - now that is chic.

I think for some reason I’ve triggered you, and I’m sorry you’re so upset. Calling me or my sister (who you obviously don’t know) ‘pathetic’ is not ok. I merely pointed out, as others have done, that there is a discrepancy between image and reality, which is sadly the nature of social media, and something that someone should be able to share their opinion about on a forum without having their throat jumped down or accused of snobbery. We are all coming together from different backgrounds and interpretations of what we see on social media (and none of us actually know the truth other than perhaps a couple of people who are then accused of having ‘an axe to grind’. I also think you have repeatedly missed my point in your various responses (such as when you said there was nothing wrong with renting a handbag - of course there isn’t! and when you talked about billionaires and what cars they drive (totally missing my point). I don’t care how wealthy or not wealthy someone is (and highlighted right from the outset as others have done, that she’s clearly doing well - her industry is very lucrative). I merely mentioned a few examples of where the image doesn’t match with the reality. No need to get angry and name call. Signing out now. Sending you peace 🙏
I didn’t call you pathetic or any other name I said I wouldn’t like to be associated with people who hold the opinions you do. I was referring to what the poster I quoted said about being accepted into social communities as pathetic. I’m also not angry but read it as you will.

Some of us are close to the detail……you decide what to believe. Wrong side of Fulham, rented house, GDST subsidised school fees, lots of freebies, no smart memberships anywhere. Smoke and mirrors ladies. You click and she earns. All for the gram. No axe to grind - the truly wealthy keep it firmly below the radar - now that is chic.
I get it but I still think as income range they are above 99% of the population.
As someone said previously: location, number of kids, helping staff are unaffordable for most but I am also aware there are wealthier families than they are especially in the area they live but that doesn’t mean they are hard done by.

if it’s all for the gram and they don’t have the disposable income she portrays than it is quite naive to have 4 kids.
Everyone knows that an Instagram/blogging career is generally short lived (5/10 years max) so you need a plan B/c/d to sustain 4 kids to a good standard.
I don’t picture her moving to a council flat and going to a job centre just yet

Reactions: 5
sorry to change the subject but she looks exactly like Poppy Delevingne in today's stories from the Soru jewellery shoot!

I’ve been really interested in what previous posters have said, especially from people who have a little more insight, people involved with influencers, people from the girls schools etc. It does give a little glimpse into the person behind the insta account

I love the glam insta accounts as it’s as far removed from my life as you can get 😂

but the recent comments regarding her rental location etc left me thinking wow, I’m glad this is just insta for me and not my actual life

shocks me that you can be judged on your exact house location, wether your births were paid for via insurance or privately, if your school fees are subsidised

whilst it would be lovely to be wealthy I suppose there is always people more well off than you who look down on you - maybe just having a big bank account isn’t enough to fit it or isn’t enough to elevate you into certain social circles

I really like Laura’s account. Minus the Amazon fashion shilling and the reselling of the children’s clothes

I think I’ve rambled, I don’t even think what I’ve written makes sense 😂 and I hope I haven’t offended anyone. It’s just a different world from me that she lives in, which I always thought would be lovely - but actually maybe not

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
sorry to change the subject but she looks exactly like Poppy Delevingne in today's stories from the Soru jewellery shoot!
She looks incredible, without doubt!
Some of the way people are talking on here are very much representative of the London affluent scene. Loads of people are rich but just how rich?! And is it old money or (vulgar) new money?! Background checks are often the norm at the school gate. No1 can take away that they’re obviously incredibly well off .. yes maybe not billionaires (although they also show off on IG) but they are certainly not spending above their means. Laura doesn’t have to worry about money and I doubt she ever will. IG is a quick way to become famous and well connect - she wants the prestige that comes with it. Doubt very much Soru would have employed her just for being rich!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Tbf she always looks great! She really does! Even in the very early post-natal days where 99.9% of new mums look anything but glam, she still looks fab. And for me, that’s where I’d like a bit of realism. Not everyone can get in their jeans a week after giving birth, in fact it took me the best part of a year to get to near my pre birth weight! She has 4 children yet always looks at the top of her game, this is why this thread exists. Because that just isn’t reality.

Reactions: 8
She spends more than the average family earns in a year on clothes per month. She is wealthy, perhaps not to the standard you are alluding to, but come on, open your eyes! People are going to food banks and you are trying to make out they are poor 🙄
Exactly! Ridiculous! She doesn’t go to the smart London parties lol! She is invited to Chanel shows, I think that shows she’s not renting the bags!

They’re not wealthy. She’s winging it. They’ve rented a house in the wrong side of Fulham - there’s a sewage works a stone throw away from their house. You are mistaken. It’s very easy to purport to having a vast handbag collection but if that’s your measurement of wealth you are mistaken. The truly rich do not show it. Nevertheless if she gives you something to “lol” that is fun for you. Again smoke and mirrors and a few rolls of wallpaper means nothing. Also she’s not a socialite. She just has some Instagram friends that’s all. She’s never at the smart London parties
Alright Nancy knows.. 😳 I know Laura as I previously said here, and she certainly doesn’t purport anything regarding the items she owns. They have plenty of cash end of. Whether or not she attends the ‘ smart London parties’ you clearly deem as important as living on the ‘right side of Fulham’ is irrelevant. The thread started about people being irritated by her not coming across genuine, depicting a realistic portrayal of motherhood and being a bit smug. Not to tear her down and comment on her true social status that you clearly hold so dear. If you have come on here to talk down to people, kindly move on …

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I can’t believe that the rank snobbery of a couple of posters is actually… making me feel sorry for Laura? 😂 West London is such a messed up place to live, some people round here are just on another planet 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I can’t believe that the rank snobbery of a couple of posters is actually… making me feel sorry for Laura? 😂 West London is such a messed up place to live, some people round here are just on another planet 🙄
Yes it’s obviously no wonder why she keeps to herself and doesn’t mix with the other mums at the school! I’d get my husband to do the school run too if i had to face that snootiness daily! 🤣

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Is this a rave thread all of a sudden?
I don’t think it matters how much money she has - she’s clearly in a bracket of wealth where it is a lot. HOWEVER I have major issues with her not declaring ads and affiliate links. I have an issue with her pretending motherhood is all roses - it’s not, even if your kids matter more than anything. And doll no one believes you do the school run in an Oscar de la Renta gown. She needs to get more authentic.

Reactions: 16
Is this a rave thread all of a sudden?
I don’t think it matters how much money she has - she’s clearly in a bracket of wealth where it is a lot. HOWEVER I have major issues with her not declaring ads and affiliate links. I have an issue with her pretending motherhood is all roses - it’s not, even if your kids matter more than anything. And doll no one believes you do the school run in an Oscar de la Renta gown. She needs to get more authentic.
Yep. And let’s not forgot she’s over exposed those poor girls for content and adoration on the gram. Those girls will forever have an internet past, with their full names, school details, dobs etc…and I think it makes it marginally worse as she obviously doesn’t need to the money from the gram.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.