Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Zoombeeni2245

Woah just finished the documentary. Jim Bob is absolute scum. Jill is traumatised and the fact she stated there are things she has only told Derrick about what happened to her is very telling.
I hope they sue TLC for the fake contracts.Surely they have a good case.
It’s made me wonder what trauma Jana has considering she is still there under the control of Jim Bob.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Joy has released a statement. This statement is really sad. It sounds like her parents never told anyone the truth about what josh did and it's really sad that the only way way they found out the truth and got questions answered was to go to the trial and listening to the evidence in the trial.

View attachment 921360
I feel so saddened for Joy.

Out of all the siblings response this feels like the most direct and to the point there is. There's no verses and no mention of God.

Also notice how it doesn't mention "Josh's family", it's just Anna and her kids?

• Heart

lexiloo

VIP Member
Not long enough in my opinion but better than the 5 years he could have got, i'd like to have seen him have his balls chopped off and made into a tater tot casserole for jim bob to enjoy!

• Haha

Lola UK

VIP Member
FDA8BEBA-27F5-4F1C-ABBC-EB4E3F458364.jpeg

message from Jessa, re Jana! What we thought, given hundreds of kids to watch and one escaped

• Wow
  • Heart

lexiloo

VIP Member
How exactly does Jim Boob think that suing his daughter (supposing this is true) is going to help restore his credibility, standing or likeability. Jill didn't paint herself or Derek as perfect. She owned any mistakes she felt they had made but if her account is to be believed (and I do believe it without reservation) it is clear that Jim Boob placed his needs first & foremost and Jill's hardly or not at all. I don't know what his original intentions were in signing up for the show but IMO it wasn't to 'spread the word' it was to line his pockets, get his palm greased, raise his standing amongst others in his cult and be able to swagger about feeling important. I can find nothing worthy in his character at all. I didn't before I listened to Jill's book and I certainly do not now. I applaud Jill's & Derrick's courage for sharing their experience. I think keeping Jim Boob at a safe distance is a good idea and I think they would be wise to maintain this forever. I'm not sure what to think of Michelle? Is she equally or just partially responsible? Thoughts anyone?? I'd welcome some opinions to help shape mine.
I agree, I think Jim Bob is someone who gets off on control and feeling important, his agenda was clearly money, that's apparent by the amount of property and assets he amassed and now shifts between different names and owners within the family, tax avoidance is rife and he seems to know every underhand way in the book, not very godly for a man of such strong faith ;) saying that he had to sell a lot to fund Josh's legal bill...good!

They were dirt poor before signing on to TLC, a lot was hidden in terms of how little money they had and they needed financial help to finish building the house which TLC stepped in an paid for. I think the "fame" went to JB's head and he became even more controlling and demanding. Im only going on bits i've read online but apparently he paid all the kids except Jill 80k if they signed a non disclosure agreement for life and he takes a large cut of their social media earnings as they're all signed up under his company name. He also allegedly gives scripts out to the kids for them to use in response to questions they get asked or interviews they give. He's majorly controlling and this is how they all now have to live their lives.

To me Michelle is just as bad if she can stand by and let him treat the kids like he does, I do think she disagrees with things at times but probably dare not ever say that or do anything to risk making him angry. The IBLP has brainwashed them, any woman who preaches that all women need to be "joyfully available" to their husband regardless of their own feelings is clearly controlled and out of touch with reality. I find the whole thing fascinating and quite tragic, it's like watching events unfold that you know will not end well but nothing can be done to stop them with JB at the helm. He's a pig of a man an absolute power hungry bully and i'd love to see him get his comeuppance for sure. I applaud Jill for speaking out and from what i've seen so far she isn't holding much back, this is just the tip of the iceberg im sure.

Reactions: 13
Did Jinger forget that Joshs family is also her family? Isnt she into Calvinism now? The one where people are predestined to go to heven or hell no matter what they do?

They all beat their children from birth. They follow The Pearls who advocate pinching 2 week old babies who cry for attention and beating 3 three year old with sticks for being toddlers.

• Wow
  • Sick

DoubleOld

VIP Member
What torments me about this case is I'm aware that in the circles within which films & images this extreme are passed around, people need to buy their way in. Not just with money but with contributions to the pool of materials. The media are making it seem like anyone can install Linux, download a Tor browser and voila suddenly you're surfing the dark web, surrounded by child abuse films. It's not true. You need to know people who can direct you to the right sources and to be directed by them, they need to trust that you're not a Fed. He may have spent weeks, months or even years cultivating these contacts on other sites. Exchanging images, sharing sick fantasies. Forging the networks required to wade this deeply into the cesspool. These monsters will often use their own children as currency to achieve that level of trust, to make those necessary connections.

I recall shuddering when I heard Anna Duggar say when their first child was an infant that Josh was a wonderful father because "He insists on doing diaper duty." Knowing what he had admitted doing to his own young sisters and suspecting that he had done far more than he would ever confess, I immediately feared the worst.

I will never forgive her for having exposed her precious children to that level of risk.
Thank you for pointing that out @Tilly Kister. Yes, it is a very expensive "club" to join and the media, in their usual whitewashing, make it seem like anyone can gain access to these images. People do not understand the amount of time, effort and money it takes to enter this sick world: It becomes a full-time job and their reason for getting up in the morning. It is a lifestyle akin to international drug lords and drug trafficking.

My professional experience (I am a nurse) is having worked with babies and toddlers (yes, you read right) who were victims of this kind of abuse and were in hospital because of it. This was in the late 1970's and I still remember them all and are haunted by them and what they had to endure. I also still wonder what happened to them as they were absorbed into the foster care system. I still, all these years later, vividly remember the doctor who cried while examining a victim. If mods on this forum feel that I have crossed a line in my previous post and the post needs to be deleted, I understand. My motive was/is to make sure people understand the gravity of what Joshua was involved in, what is at stake here and to support those children who had, and still have, no voice.

• Sad
  • Heart

repairshoplover

Chatty Member
Anna’s parents are just as bad as the Duggars. Kept having children they couldn’t afford, while living in a tiny trailer. All for the prison ministry.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
the estimated amount of money jb got according to the book, was EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS. He wouldnt give his daughter money for medical bills, and said that he considered his tithe to the church was free rent for friends in his real estate holdings.
No one got a penny out of the shows earnings except him.
And when he was going to pay them, it came with a legal contract and NDA to protect himself. JB is so awful. Always about taking care of himself

• Wow
  • Sad

PontiacBandit

Chatty Member
Can I ask if there is any more info on them please would like to have a nosy

Mr Keller is a piece of work. Married at least three of his daughters off to awful abusive men (Esther, Priscilla, Anna). Gorgeous Esther (the eldest) married a vile specimen called John Schrader. She cried about it but her father insisted and told her it was God's will. She should've run. They're now in Zambia living out Schrader's white saviour, missionary fantasies. He's the most outrageous, pompous, culturally insensitive grifter you can imagine. She's 46 but had her 13th child less than a year ago 😔

Priscilla's married to David Waller who was at one time being primed to take over Gothard's legacy. He impatiently treats her like a child and she has some cognitive delays due to a horse riding incident when she was a child. He didn't want to marry, married very late for a fundie man, went through with it to please his parents and there are various rumours about his sexuality. When Gothard was ousted Waller relocated to Texas and now pastors at the church the Spiveys (Justin Duggar's in-laws) attend. The Spiveys also ran the 'rehab' Josh attended when his original abuse was exposed at the age of 15 (?).

I don't know who Rebecca married when she was still in the cult (he was in IBLP but left at some point, I don't know if it was during their marriage). She had two kids in that marriage and eventually divorced and remarried a millionaire! I believe she's still conservative Christian.

Susanna (youngest sister) truly rebelled and left at 18 I think, had a party girl aesthetic and was pregnant out of wedlock at 20 (2012-2013). She married for the first time in 2019 to a different man and had her second child in 2021.

The eldest brother Daniel married reasonably young (I don't know if she was fundie) and they adopted a baby boy together after 4 years of marriage. They divorced after a further 4 years. He only has one child and appears to have remarried. He was supposedly out of the cult but some say he was drifting back into it so I don't know what the current status is or who he married.

Nathan Keller is married to Nurie Rodrigues, eldest daughter of the Rodrigues clan. That family is a whole can of worms featuring grifting and child neglect. They frequently spend time with the Rods. Nathan now pastors a tiny church in Florida despite being fairly inexperienced. They live in the parsonage and seem to have quite a good standard of living for now. They currently have two closely spaced sons (13 months apart) and Nurie's expected to announce another pregnancy any day now.

David Keller is the youngest sibling and was matched with Hannah Reber, the daughter of the household in which Josh spent his house arrest. No-one knows the back story, whether they met organically, if David was in town to help Anna and their paths crossed or if they were set up by JB as a fundie-favour to Hannah's father for babysitting Josh. Apparently Hannah and her mom were unhappy sharing their home with Josh but had no choice. Hannah seemed keen to leave but they've already had their first baby not too long after marriage and their wedding reception was at the Duggars' so they appear to be very much drinking the kool aid. David also moved to Arkansas despite having a small landscaping business in Florida with Nathan. No-one knows what he's doing for work, I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing something along the lines of the Duggar sons. Hannah's father is a radiologist or something so can't exact hook David up with a job in his line of work.

Going back to Pa Keller, he gave up a decent white collar job and a house when he already had a handful of kids to live in a trailer and 'pursue his calling in prison ministry'. Highly responsible 🙄 Poor wife and kids. He seems like a selfish, dangerous grifter. I've read speculation about his sexuality over the years and various associated prison ministry jokes. Everyone thinks he's a creep (not because of that, because of his general demeanour).

Daniel's said that their upbringing was fine and not as impoverished as snarkers make out. He said they had access to a swimming pool and tennis courts on their site in Florida. I have no idea what size trailer the family were living in and whether it was cramped. The eight Keller kids are pretty well spaced across 20+ years so Esther was moving out when Nathan and David were quite young.

Pa Keller's been in the news most recently after holding a racist sermon concerning slavery at David Waller's church. Both Keller and Waller wrote letters in support of Josh at trial.

• Wow
  • Sick

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I remember an episode with Derrick, Ben and Jeremy where they talked about an application form to fill in to allow them to date a Duggar Daughter. Seriously those girls were a transaction to him.
Jeremy and Jinger also did an interview and he said when he met Jim Bob he sat and spoke to him about blood laws. No sex during periods and for 40 days after childbirth. :sick:

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry

HeyFrey

Ok, next chapter: authority, she believed her dad was the greatest authority, anything he said goes, once she gets married it’s her husbands parents (hence jimbob was unsure about her marrying Jeremy as Jeremy’s mum wasn’t born catholic but they did raise him and his siblings as catholics). If she was unsure between playing sport or reading the bible rather than following gods example she wasn’t sinning if her dad said it was ok, she could then choose sport over bible. Same reason she got over her ED as her parents told her to (that simple ey😂). She has now sought gods example rather than parents authority as the bible doesn’t mention any authority only Jesus as example
---

Forgot to mention in the last chapter she said 4 generations of kids were repaying for the sins of their parents, she would avoid places with alcohol in case she was spending too much time with sinners. You had to follow stricter rules if your ancestors were sinners to undo their sin. Interesting knowing about Josh, wonder if his kids live a harsher rule due to their dads sins (if jimbob believes that he is a sinner of course)
---

Jinger chaperoned Jessa and Ben, Ben would quote whole chapters instead of just sentences to form his argument (comparison to bill gothard). Bens family didn’t dress the way BG said to and listened to other music, and seemed to know more about the bible than the duggars - the start of her journey change.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

itscoldoutside

Chatty Member
She seems very naive in that interview. I appreciate her coming forward to speak out against some of the legalisms she was raised with but I also feel that she is unwittingly being used to promote her husband's career and grow his congregation/career.

In other words, she is still under a male authority in her life choices.

She does get super extra points, though, for speaking out for the victims of her brother's crimes instead of the "We love and pray for Josh" spouted by some of her other family members. 🤮

ETA: Didn't read your post @HeyFrey about what she says about Josh in her book. She came across differently in the interview.
I think Jinger went from one controlling, narc headship to another. Jeremy knew exactly what he was doing and knew that marrying a Duggar girl was a great way to put him in the limelight. I very much think she's being used as a pawn to 'minister' (and bring in the dollars) for Jeremy's Church. Even her physical appearance/style changed a lot post marriage and she looked very uncomfortable in the initial photos. I think he wanted her to be a trophy wife, he would eat himself if he could.

Simiauci

VIP Member
Quick recap!
Jed just had a baby
Jer just get married
Josh is in jail
Jessa is renovating a house
Joseph is waiting baby n°4
Josiah is waiting baby n°2
JD is waiting baby n°2
Jill is moving
Jinger is celebrating Jeremy's graduation
Jason recently moved in the treehouse.

Nothing new for Justin, Jana, James, Jackson, Johanna, Joy-anna, Jennifer, Jordyn, Josie??!

Feel free to add anything new!!

• Haha