The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as I am concerned, from the live show to dining reviews...all the vids are terrible now. They never used to be. Live show was good years ago when John was on and a few others. I felt John kept Pete's ego in check but then I don't know what happened but John's ego inflated too. The dining shows were good because they would have a lot of people and order a variety of food and I think Pete seemed to enjoy the fancier places like Jiko etc but now he thinks whispering Canyon is to die for. It's just stale and I can't stand listening to Pete because I know when he is talking he is loving listening to himself.

Reactions: 6
I was listening to Pete's Solo Show on Patreon and he said he was "legally obligated" to stay quiet about Fiasco leaving. I manage a team of 20 people for a state agency and the only times we'd ever say something like that would be (1) when the person has been fired or (2) we've settled a termination issue out of court. If someone is leaving on good terms, we always give them a plug for their new job and do a send off. Always.

Fiasco was always a fish out of water and I think he didn't add a lot. At the same time, I think we was the most genuine of the group and seems like a good guy. I wish him well.

Peter Scheidle and his friend used to post DVC availability prediction calendars on DISboards. It allowed you to go to certain dates to see what would likely be available without logging in to the DVC Web site. They turned the calendars into the DVC Availability Tool Web site and sold confirmed DVC reservations from sponsors and ads.

Pete Werner had a fit and banned them from the shows and even DISboards.

Scheidle has his own DVC news podcast on the My DVC Points network now.
Funny--go to Pete Scheidle's web page and his sponsor is World of DVC. DISUnplugged sounds like a tempest in a teapot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
For me, Pete is a fascinating personality. He obviously has a need to continually prove himself, feel more important than others, talks himself up constantly, always referring to his employees as 'my guys', 'my business', vs 'ours', making a statement with flashy clothes/jewelry, etc.

I have no idea what potentially happened to bring on feelings of inadequacy earlier in life, followed by drug use, etc. However - like many successful people - his being 'broken' has also served him well, likely providing that extra drive to make something of himself. Whether any of this has brought him lasting happiness is a deeper question.

Unlikely many on this thread, despite his flaws. (or perhaps b/c of them), I find his story inspirational and I think he is a good listen - I appreciate his perspective and sense of humor. He is the only one among the group who could have had a career as a radio host pre-internet.

I get the feeling he'd be great company to go to dinner with, but would be more difficult to be around in larger doses when you get the full package.....anyways, now I'm starting to feel bad about psychoanalyzing the guy out here.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Has Craig made himself so useful and needed that he is irreplaceable? And that’s why he frequently spills the tea on pay, conditions and (lack of) benefits that the others could never get away with doing? He always seems unhappy and low key miserable and yet he stays and admits he is underpaid, has no benefits and can’t even get a meal expensed in a reasonable timeframe. Unfireable at Dis but unhireable elsewhere maybe? That would kinda suck!

Fiasco wasn’t right for an on camera job but he was relatable and always spoke up for value resorts, their place and the impact of them being priced too high. Refreshing when Pete would be droning on again about his 15th DVC contract or his 75th cruise in concierge and nobody can say zip because he worked hard. Pu-lease! Right place, right time. Lots of us work harder, can only afford values and we don’t really need “let them stay in a concierge suite” which is the attitude of John, Pete and Kevin now. Completely out of touch.
AND that’s a big issue. Everyone there minus Jackie and maybe Deni have “expendable cash” family lives. No children, no legal partners ( though I don’t know if Kevin and John are married) that take money away. Pete’s not paying for two kids on travel sports teams or other competitive activities that cost $$ No one at that table is as far as I know other than Deni.

Reactions: 2
For me, Pete is a fascinating personality. He obviously has a need to continually prove himself, feel more important than others, talks himself up constantly, always referring to his employees as 'my guys', 'my business', vs 'ours', making a statement with flashy clothes/jewelry, etc.

I have no idea what potentially happened to bring on feelings of inadequacy earlier in life, followed by drug use, etc. However - like many successful people - his being 'broken' has also served him well, likely providing that extra drive to make something of himself. Whether any of this has brought him lasting happiness is a deeper question.

Unlikely many on this thread, despite his flaws. (or perhaps b/c of them), I find his story inspirational and I think he is a good listen - I appreciate his perspective and sense of humor. He is the only one among the group who could have had a career as a radio host pre-internet.

I get the feeling he'd be great company to go to dinner with, but would be more difficult to be around in larger doses when you get the full package.....anyways, now I'm starting to feel bad about psychoanalyzing the guy out here.
He is fascinating you are correct about that. Sadly, that is for negative reasons not positive ones. As has been said before, The Dis is an abusive work environment, and while he may be interesting conversation, it's hard to look past the terrible way he treats people who were good to him for it.

Reactions: 4
AND that’s a big issue. Everyone there minus Jackie and maybe Deni have “expendable cash” family lives. No children, no legal partners ( though I don’t know if Kevin and John are married) that take money away. Pete’s not paying for two kids on travel sports teams or other competitive activities that cost $$ No one at that table is as far as I know other than Deni.
Kevin and John are married (to each other).
Craig is married...no kids.
Corey and Julie Martin have 2 kids.

Reactions: 1
He is fascinating you are correct about that. Sadly, that is for negative reasons not positive ones. As has been said before, The Dis is an abusive work environment, and while he may be interesting conversation, it's hard to look past the terrible way he treats people who were good to him for it.
I mean it's a personal opinion but I think of Pete as just a regular guy who opened a regular business and timing plus the smarts which actually came from John made his business...I won't even say successful...just merely profitable. I don't find him fascinating at all. Lots of people run businesses and do well or even really well if they keep at it. The difference is that those people don't have a vanity show where they remind everyone.

I just think it’s the most disrespectful thing you can do is to just ice someone after they’ve worked for you no matter what personal insecurities you have.

I wonder what the tea was from Eric From moving to the magic…

Reactions: 6
I say Ryno is absolutely next
Ryno will never leave. He thrives on the attention and accolades. He NEEDS to be able to self deprecate on social media and then have hundreds of people kiss his ass and compliment him. He'd be lost without it. Thats why he is willing to turn his back on anyone Pete doesn't like no matter how close to them he was, former colleagues and friends alike.

Ryno will never leave. He thrives on the attention and accolades. He NEEDS to be able to self deprecate on social media and then have hundreds of people kiss his ass and compliment him. He'd be lost without it. Thats why he is willing to turn his back on anyone Pete doesn't like no matter how close to them he was, former colleagues and friends alike.
oh we know he’s a loser with no spine, but I just think Pete will have enough with him soon. Out of everyone on the team he’s the most easily replaceable.

I don't think Pete's afraid of anyone saying anything negative about him, even if there weren't signed NDAs. I think he would love it if people put out true but very embarrassing information (to a normal person) so he'd have something new to yell about and attempt to intimidate others. He feeds off that like he used to do with drugs and alcohol.

As for the people who still work for him, I hope they all have When tit Hits the Fan Plans for 6 months, a year, 3 years and 10 years out. Even people who tiptoe around him properly are at risk at all times for losing everything.

I've been spending my time on YouTube watching the Johnny Depp trial, so this is the first time I'm hearing about Fiasco. I have to admit, as soon as I see that he's in a video I click it off, so no love lost by me. But, he seemed like Pete's little witch. He and his wife were always being invited to the expensive dinners. Do you suppose Pete has them sign an NDA? That would explain the "I'm not legally allowed to talk about it" excuse.

Plus Ryno is petrified. This became obvious during covid.

Deni seems like a completely normal person. Why does she stay with Pete? She also never seems to get invited to the dinners, but Fiasco and wife were always there giving their vapid reviews. It’s like Deni, Craig and ryno are only allowed to eat the cheap stuff.

Deni seems like a completely normal person. Why does she stay with Pete? She also never seems to get invited to the dinners, but Fiasco and wife were always there giving their vapid reviews. It’s like Deni, Craig and ryno are only allowed to eat the cheap stuff.
I'm not so certain that Deni is completely normal. She married a guy who loves being a pastor for Southern Baptist churches (including running his own failed church), even though he works for WDW right now. Her AMAB son was in a car accident caused by his drunk driving that damaged a helicopter that was trying to help someone in another accident, and her other kid is transitioning. Seems like she's barely holding it together and is used to being subservient to men, so getting abused by Pete while she keeps looking forward to going to the parks and getting paid for it is her norm but not the norm for normal people. She also believes Jesus is coming back for a revolution.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I thought that Deni used to be John's Personal Assistant or something?

I like Deni as a person but she’s rubbish when commenting on anything controversial.

I'm not so certain that Deni is completely normal. She married a guy who loves being a pastor for Southern Baptist churches (including running his own failed church), even though he works for WDW right now. Her AMAB son was in a car accident caused by his drunk driving that damaged a helicopter that was trying to help someone in another accident, and her other kid is transitioning. Seems like she's barely holding it together and is used to being subservient to men, so getting abused by Pete while she keeps looking forward to going to the parks and getting paid for it is her norm but not the norm for normal people. She also believes Jesus is coming back for a revolution.
daaaaaafuck 😂
Oh dear god she’s a bit…… I mean wow 😂

I call him whine-oh

I cannot wrap my mind around anyone calling Fiasco a breath of fresh air. More like a breath of stale bullshit. 😅 He was absolutely awful. I would be interested to know if they ever look at analytics of their vlog numbers because I (and others) routinely stopped watching vlogs about dining because Fiasco and his wife were atrocious. They came across so smug and boring at the same time. The editing of their vlogs was terrible - who did those? If they did, then yikes. If someone else at TheDis edited them, they made them look even worse.

But I like Craig and Ryno (and Deni), unlike many here, it seems. So, what do I know? 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.