The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually think Fiasco was a breath of fresh air b/c he wasn't a jaded queen or bitter. He wasn't a mesna but he was sincere, unlike most of them, and put up lots of content. I felt like Craig secretly hated him, was threatened, or just wanted to tit on him b/c he gets tit on by Pete daily.

Ryno is good sidekick (just meanders endlessly if he's alone), Panda seems more positive and good enough as a backup host...but much too fat for the nook. Craig and Deni work hard but I wouldn't call either of them entertaining.

Say what you want about Pete, he is good on the mic (I know), and an interesting personality to listen to. I can't believe he ever hired that dude Boda though, obvious wildly sketchy vibes in about 3 seconds.

I didn't watch in the old days but John and Kevin belong on a Sweatin' to the Oldies podcast.
glad it's not just me

He was one of the few who left on the show who seemed to genuinely still love Disney.... but wasn't always just gushing about it either.... I think sincere is the best way to describe him. he was the most relatable to the regular WDW goer in my opinion

and I definitely think Craig hated him but Fiasco was more watchable than Craig..... at least for me

I can't stand people who act superior to others for no reason and that's basically Craig

Reactions: 5
I hated Fiasco and Craig for different reasons.

Craig always gave the impression he was an all knowing expert and just came off obtuse.

Fiasco just wasn't eloquent and when you are getting paid to talk that's a huge mistake.

Reactions: 4
This is pointless speculation, but possible factors contributing to his departure (from where I sit, really far away) -

-Money, often times job changes come down to this and we know it didn't pay well. Fiasco didn't seem as unhappy about this as Craig and Ryno - but maybe he got another offer he couldn't refuse, asked for a raise and was rejected, etc

-Internal strife - as mentioned, Craig never seemed to give him a fair shake, and now Pete has unfollowed him (after praising him for the first year he was there).

-Pete was not a fan of his new long hair, beard Hippie-Won look...and Pete likes what he likes.

-Fiasco may have been upset he wasn't included on recent DL trip and Cosmic Rewind previews

-Pete was looking for an excuse to get his new chum Fat Panda in the mix full time.

Reactions: 8
It'll be interesting to see what happens to the Disney Dining channel. Fiasco/Haley pretty much carried that channel (for better or worse) with the sporadic table service review from Pete mixed in. Will it become all quick service and snacks? I can't tell you the last time any of the other team members were in a table service review. Months? A year or so?

Back in the day, when Kevin and the entire group attended those they were pretty entertaining.

Apparently, they decided to do the new DVC 7 in 7's because Fredericko needed a place to stay. Is it really a review if you don't spend the night? 😟 Oh well.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the Disney Dining channel. Fiasco/Haley pretty much carried that channel (for better or worse) with the sporadic table service review from Pete mixed in. Will it become all quick service and snacks? I can't tell you the last time any of the other team members were in a table service review. Months? A year or so?

Back in the day, when Kevin and the entire group attended those they were pretty entertaining.

Apparently, they decided to do the new DVC 7 in 7's because Fredericko needed a place to stay. Is it really a review if you don't spend the night? 😟 Oh well.
Craig apparently only did Quick Service reviews because he is super cheap and doesn't want to put the money up front to be reimbursed later.

I say Ryno is absolutely next
I feel like they created that "Off the Rails" show just to satiate Ryno's desire to be a catty witch.

Last edited:
Craig apparently only did Quick Service reviews because he is super cheap and doesn't want to put the money up front to be reimbursed later.
If he was honest in his livestream, I don't think waiting up to an entire year to be reimbursed for a dining review would be acceptable to me either.

Reactions: 6
in all honesty.... it does seem like Fiasco chose to leave rather than he was fired

I think that's why Pete has now unfollowed him too as he can't stand anyone saying no to him or leaving him

Reactions: 2
If he chose to leave why not have a send off for him? Fiasco was suppose to go on the podcast cruise…if it was amicable I believe Pete would have a send off like he did for Steve and Dustin. tit went down and we’ll never know…

@Jafar do they sign NDAs? I don’t know why JennyLynn Sean Charles Oliver have ever said anything on the matter

If he chose to leave why not have a send off for him? Fiasco was suppose to go on the podcast cruise…if it was amicable I believe Pete would have a send off like he did for Steve and Dustin. tit went down and we’ll never know…

@Jafar do they sign NDAs? I don’t know why JennyLynn Sean Charles Oliver have ever said anything on the matter
I know some former Dissers and yes they signed NDAs

• Sick
Reactions: 8

Exactly! Like they did for the kid from Utah that was also questionable with the tastebuds of a toddler.

They sign both NDAs and Non-Competes. The Non-Competes started after Oliver left and created a channel with his then husband.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
So is Craig grandfathered in with his Lobby Time channel?
I dont have first hand knowledge. I just know what Ive heard. I dont know if they went and made everyone sign one or just new hires. I also dont know craigs channel but if its not a Disney related channel or at least Disney travel related channel, I dont think it would apply anyway.

Craig was careful to avoid any Disney related content on that channel. However, he obviously still works there and has to play it safe.

Non-competes aren't all that easy to enforce - and likely impossible if Fiasco simply started his own YouTube channel showing him going to the Disney parks. I would encourage him to pursue that regardless of the non-compete if he is interested.

If he went to work for a competitor, perhaps it would be an issue and he should talk to an attorney with experience with employment law in Florida. Even then, I wouldn't just rule it out. Non completes are standard in many industries (finance, advertising, engineering, etc) and employees move to competitive companies extremely often.

If anything it taught Craig he doesn’t have the personality to carry a channel and is lucky to be leaching on to Pete right now.

Has Craig made himself so useful and needed that he is irreplaceable? And that’s why he frequently spills the tea on pay, conditions and (lack of) benefits that the others could never get away with doing? He always seems unhappy and low key miserable and yet he stays and admits he is underpaid, has no benefits and can’t even get a meal expensed in a reasonable timeframe. Unfireable at Dis but unhireable elsewhere maybe? That would kinda suck!

Fiasco wasn’t right for an on camera job but he was relatable and always spoke up for value resorts, their place and the impact of them being priced too high. Refreshing when Pete would be droning on again about his 15th DVC contract or his 75th cruise in concierge and nobody can say zip because he worked hard. Pu-lease! Right place, right time. Lots of us work harder, can only afford values and we don’t really need “let them stay in a concierge suite” which is the attitude of John, Pete and Kevin now. Completely out of touch.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.