The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure the pay is low and there are no benefits. Deni has to tread lightly if her husband works for Disney as a manager at Animal Kingdom. So her reviews can’t exactly be unbiased. Their team is not professional by any means, not one of them.

I feel sorry for Fiasco. Didn’t they just buy a house? Also, I‘m sure he racked up massive medical bills with his multiple hospital stays and surgeries. Losing your job is never fun and it seemed like he really did try to do a good job whether he came across well or not.

Reactions: 6
It seemed like Fiasco was happy working there. He seemed to be really having fun at the Galactic cruiser...so I feel like he was fired. Pete seems to do that with people he no longer has use for. Not sure why he keeps Corey Martin to be his IT guy... someone who learned coding in the 90s and it shows
Corey Martin is basically a business partner. He is President of "The Dis" and has an ownership interest in it. He made binding contract with Pete long ago that he gets a portion of the ad revenue. Pete can't fire him.

Makes you wonder what length of a run Paul and Amy Krieger will have there, now that they moved from West Virginia to Central Florida and are both fully immersed in working for Pete.
They work for World of DVC. Not Pete. They are just sponsors not employees.

Reactions: 2
Wow Pete unfollowed Corey firm Instagram too, definitely not a nice leaving

• Wow
I’m sure the pay is low and there are no benefits. Deni has to tread lightly if her husband works for Disney as a manager at Animal Kingdom. So her reviews can’t exactly be unbiased. Their team is not professional by any means, not one of them.

I feel sorry for Fiasco. Didn’t they just buy a house? Also, I‘m sure he racked up massive medical bills with his multiple hospital stays and surgeries. Losing your job is never fun and it seemed like he really did try to do a good job whether he came across well or not.
Fiasco had his surgeries at the VA hospital. I believe that he is covered due to his disability rating (retired military here) so doesn't have medical expenses which Pete also talked about on the show. Also, he is probably collecting a nice disability check which could be over $3000 a month, tax-free. If his wife works, they should be fine.

If he did get fired, that is too bad. He is no worse than most of the people there.

Reactions: 3
Wow Pete unfollowed Corey firm Instagram too, definitely not a nice leaving
That's Pete. The king of cancel culture. He can do what he wants but the disgusting part is that no one who works for him will be allowed to be friends with Corey anymore. That's what Pete does, forces everyone else to also disconnect from people he doesn't like or risk their jobs too. It's a cult.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
That's Pete. The king of cancel culture. He can do what he wants but the disgusting part is that no one who works for him will be allowed to be friends with Corey anymore. That's what Pete does, forces everyone else to also disconnect from people he doesn't like or risk their jobs too. It's a cult.
Well that sure screams insecurity on Pete’s part.

Reactions: 3
Any dirt on the DVC resale guy that disappeared?
The DVC Show changed sponsors to World of DVC. So, everyone from DVCstore.com (Jerry and Jamie who were regulars on the old show no longer appear).

Or the other Pete from the DVC show?
Peter Scheidle and his friend used to post DVC availability prediction calendars on DISboards. It allowed you to go to certain dates to see what would likely be available without logging in to the DVC Web site. They turned the calendars into the DVC Availability Tool Web site and sold confirmed DVC reservations from sponsors and ads.

Pete Werner had a fit and banned them from the shows and even DISboards.

Scheidle has his own DVC news podcast on the My DVC Points network now.

Pretty sure Amy Krieger actually freelances for Moving to Orlando and both of them freelance for DVCFan. They're the main moderators on the Facebook group.

I wouldn't recommend it. It's overly moderated and you can't post links from outside The DIS or Disney even if they're "news." The DIS is so slow to post anything, it's a joke of a news Web site.

I will say Amy is actually very nice and helpful. I've had to deal with her a few times at Monera. She doesn't produce the show. The show could use a decent producer and updated content. It's become pretty stagnate even for a DVC show.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Corey Martin is basically a business partner. He is President of "The Dis" and has an ownership interest in it. He made binding contract with Pete long ago that he gets a portion of the ad revenue. Pete can't fire him.

Interesting I did not know that. No wonder he had to put up with how lousy the Dreams site is and 90s looking....right down to the font

Reactions: 1
Interesting I did not know that. No wonder he had to put up with how lousy the Dreams site is and 90s looking....right down to the font
They talk about the business relationship on some of the earlier podcasts

The DVC Show changed sponsors to World of DVC. So, everyone from DVCstore.com (Jerry and Jamie who were regulars on the old show no longer appear).

Peter Scheidle and his friend used to post DVC availability prediction calendars on DISboards. It allowed you to go to certain dates to see what would likely be available without logging in to the DVC Web site. They turned the calendars into the DVC Availability Tool Web site and sold confirmed DVC reservations from sponsors and ads.

Pretty sure Amy Krieger actually freelances for Moving to Orlando and both of them freelance for DVCFan. They're the main moderators on the Facebook group.

I wouldn't recommend it. It's overly moderated and you can't post links from outside The DIS or Disney even if they're "news." The DIS is so slow to post anything, it's a joke of a news Web site.

I will say Amy is actually very nice and helpful. I've had to deal with her a few times at Monera. She doesn't produce the show. The show could use a decent producer and updated content. It's become pretty stagnate even for a DVC show.
Yea I'm sure that's true but she doesn't actually work for Pete from how they describe it.
As far as switching sponsors, I'm absolutely certain Pete did that to start Moving to Orlando as a way to keep Sean close. Since he can't be his romantic partner he made him a business partner. That required a real estate broker to sponsor them as realtors. The brokerage for the new sponsor World of DVC is also the brokerage for Moving to Orlando. He got rid of a loyal 20 year sponsor in the DVC Store to give his ex-boyfriend a business. Thats my take anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
And Sean is getting married to someone else all that investment in a meh looking boy too Pete AND he dumped you, delicious.

I remembered the first Shawn who was ghosted was Craig’s best man at his wedding so maybe some break free from the cult?

Yea I'm sure that's true but she doesn't actually work for Pete from how they describe it.
They work for both. He announced that Amy would be joining Moving to Orlando when they moved down to Florida and they have both been at DVCFan since it launched. They run DVCFan (which Pete/Werner Travel Media owns) and Amy works for Moving to Orlando too. Plus, their main jobs at World of DVC.

That required a real estate broker to sponsor them as realtors. The brokerage for the new sponsor World of DVC is also the brokerage for Moving to Orlando. He got rid of a loyal 20 year sponsor in the DVC Store to give his ex-boyfriend a business. Thats my take anyway.
Yeah, Moving to Orlando's broker, LaToya Cotton, is the wife of the CEO of World of DVC, Nick Cotton. World of DVC also recently purchased Magic Vacation Title service and LaToya Cotton runs that also.

So, it's all intertwined.

I’m still in awe these people have a business in reselling vacation club contracts…like an entire business.

That DVC availability tool website wasn’t sponsored at first. Scheidle was banned then he got the sponsors sort of out of spite. The intention was to make things easier and automate the tool.

I actually think Fiasco was a breath of fresh air b/c he wasn't a jaded queen or bitter. He wasn't a mesna but he was sincere, unlike most of them, and put up lots of content. I felt like Craig secretly hated him, was threatened, or just wanted to tit on him b/c he gets tit on by Pete daily.

Ryno is good sidekick (just meanders endlessly if he's alone), Panda seems more positive and good enough as a backup host...but much too fat for the nook. Craig and Deni work hard but I wouldn't call either of them entertaining.

Say what you want about Pete, he is good on the mic (I know), and an interesting personality to listen to. I can't believe he ever hired that dude Boda though, obvious wildly sketchy vibes in about 3 seconds.

I didn't watch in the old days but John and Kevin belong on a Sweatin' to the Oldies podcast.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.