The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Drake just gives me Douche-Bro Vibes 110% of the time.

He's a more attractive version of Sean with regards to ability to talk and describe things.
Sean is definitely my least favorite to listen to. He adds nothing to any of the conversations most of the time. Drake does have fun insight in general discussions, and he's a pretty face.

I've enjoyed Pete, Craig, Ryno, and Panda lately. Deni is always very professional, Jackie is way too "ooooo Disney is rainbows and unicorns hehe" for my liking.

Does anyone know what happened with the DVC crew? Why they switched to a whole new resale company awhile back? What happened to the people they used to partner with and promote?

Sean is definitely my least favorite to listen to. He adds nothing to any of the conversations most of the time. Drake does have fun insight in general discussions, and he's a pretty face.

I've enjoyed Pete, Craig, Ryno, and Panda lately. Deni is always very professional, Jackie is way too "ooooo Disney is rainbows and unicorns hehe" for my liking.

Does anyone know what happened with the DVC crew? Why they switched to a whole new resale company awhile back? What happened to the people they used to partner with and promote?
I'll hazard to guess.
download.png

Drake just gives me Douche-Bro Vibes 110% of the time.

He's a more attractive version of Sean with regards to ability to talk and describe things.
glad it's not just me

I find Drake really annoying and he looks out of places on the show

glad it's not just me

I find Drake really annoying and he looks out of places on the show
When Drake first entered the show it seemed nice since he was furloughed from Disney. Having a face character share input would be a nice addition. He’s had t really done much of that though.

Anyone picking up vibes between Pete and Panda? Some chemistry there perhaps? I’ve always liked him and think he’s a good addition to the show.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Since there wasn't really any public comment, isn't it safe to assume the break wasn't amicable?

Speaking of old DVC show people, can someone remind me of what happened to that old guy who was part of the original DVC crew? I think he was also a mod on the DIS boards and had created a spreadsheet or something to help predict DVC availability or something? I feel like I remember reading something about how he wanted to share his work elsewhere (perhaps monetize it?) and Pete was furious because he wanted to monetize it for himself...or something? I may have that very wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Since there wasn't really any public comment, isn't it safe to assume the break wasn't amicable?

Speaking of old DVC show people, can someone remind me of what happened to that old guy who was part of the original DVC crew? I think he was also a mod on the DIS boards and had created a spreadsheet or something to help predict DVC availability or something? I feel like I remember reading something about how he wanted to share his work elsewhere (perhaps monetize it?) and Pete was furious because he wanted to monetize it for himself...or something? I may have that very wrong.
I feel like it’s a safe assumption that they didn’t split in great terms. It just seemed very sudden!

I feel like it’s a safe assumption that they didn’t split in great terms. It just seemed very sudden!
Skier Pete? No. It wasn’t amicable. Dis Pete went back and deleted every YouTube video with Skier Pete on it.

Skier Pete has a site with those charts though at DVCHELP.com.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
:ROFLMAO: 🤦‍♀️🔥
Skier Pete? No. It wasn’t amicable. Dis Pete went back and deleted every YouTube video with Skier Pete on it.

Pete's such a witch, LOL.

Thanks for the link. I think he has a really interesting take on an availability chart. Useful, but blasts the viewer with a confusing 3 ring circus theme where we don't know where to look at first. He could use a GUI designer to help him refine the site.

(Eta: Seems he's making this by hand, making a spreadsheet from it, not pulling from the DVC website... so the part re: software of the below does not fully apply)

So happy Pete Warner didn't get his hands on that software. Dude claims to be an ex techie, but he can't build tit these days. From what I understand he didn't even build out the Disboards, that was another developer (I think his name is steve and is still the admin?) AND the bones of the site is purchased. The admin simply maintains the connections, database and upgrades.

Last edited:
I really like Pete W. Truly. I know people find him arrogant and over the top, but I enjoy it. However…he’s not someone I think of as an answer to “who from the Dis is tech savvy?”

I think Craig and Ryno are my fave right now. I’m going to Universal for the first time this spring; their content is helpful for planning. Much more so than trying to find travel tips from the Trackers or something!

I really like Pete W. Truly. I know people find him arrogant and over the top, but I enjoy it. However…he’s not someone I think of as an answer to “who from the Dis is tech savvy?”

I think Craig and Ryno are my fave right now. I’m going to Universal for the first time this spring; their content is helpful for planning. Much more so than trying to find travel tips from the Trackers or something!
Probably not up to date but here are the DisBoards job titles:
  • Pete Werner (Founder)
  • Corey Martin (President / Webmaster)
  • Alex Ivkovic (Server Administrator)
  • Craig Williams (DIS Unplugged Producer / Video / Universal)
  • Tom Bell (Disneyland / Assistant Editor)
  • Teresa Echols (DIS Welcome Center)
  • William Perry (Creative Director)
  • Kathy Werling (Park Hours)
  • Ryan Clavin (DIS Unplugged Associate Producer / Video)
  • Jackie Gailey (Senior Editor)
  • Steve Porter (Project Manager)
  • Corey Fiasconaro (DIS Unplugged Associate Producer / Video)
  • Deni Sunderly (Assistant Editor)
I know that Corey and Will from Indiana have a lot to do with the site but never heard of Alex. My question is: What does Kathy Werling's job title mean?

Probably not up to date but here are the DisBoards job titles:
  • Pete Werner (Founder)
  • Corey Martin (President / Webmaster)
  • Alex Ivkovic (Server Administrator)
  • Craig Williams (DIS Unplugged Producer / Video / Universal)
  • Tom Bell (Disneyland / Assistant Editor)
  • Teresa Echols (DIS Welcome Center)
  • William Perry (Creative Director)
  • Kathy Werling (Park Hours)
  • Ryan Clavin (DIS Unplugged Associate Producer / Video)
  • Jackie Gailey (Senior Editor)
  • Steve Porter (Project Manager)
  • Corey Fiasconaro (DIS Unplugged Associate Producer / Video)
  • Deni Sunderly (Assistant Editor)
I know that Corey and Will from Indiana have a lot to do with the site but never heard of Alex. My question is: What does Kathy Werling's job title mean?
Ah, I misnamed Corey as "Steve", although I'm pretty sure they used to have a techie by that name on the team over a decade back.

I've just watched Craig and Kylie review Steakhouse 71.
Kylie looks really unwell, she's actually shaking.
Did anyone else notice?

Skier Pete! Thanks for the reminder.

I have to say the latest DCL dining review (Enchanted Garden I think?) with Drake was TERRIBLE. Drake just doesn't belong doing restaurant reviews until he can expand beyond "the seafood tastes like seafood."
Did Drake's description of the crab cakes at Enchanted Garden make anyone else think that those crab cakes must have a ton of filler?

Discussion of the DISBoards is appropriate for this thread, right? I hope so! So I was poking around the DISBoards last night, specifically the DCL forum.I came across one thread by someone chronicling their experience being denied boarding a Disney cruise because a member of their travel party tested positive at the port. It seems that thread, as well as several others relating to COVID, had been locked late last night before I went to bed. I just went back and checked, and it seems they've been unlocked. I thought that was kinda curious. Anyone else notice that?

Discussion of the DISBoards is appropriate for this thread, right? I hope so! So I was poking around the DISBoards last night, specifically the DCL forum.I came across one thread by someone chronicling their experience being denied boarding a Disney cruise because a member of their travel party tested positive at the port. It seems that thread, as well as several others relating to COVID, had been locked late last night before I went to bed. I just went back and checked, and it seems they've been unlocked. I thought that was kinda curious. Anyone else notice that?
I didn’t see that particular thread, but I don’t find that surprising. Any forum where Covid is a topic inevitably devolves into a shitshow these days. I’m guessing mods had to lock the thread to clean up a bunch of unnecessary tomfoolery, then they unlocked it after.

I didn’t see that particular thread, but I don’t find that surprising. Any forum where Covid is a topic inevitably devolves into a shitshow these days. I’m guessing mods had to lock the thread to clean up a bunch of unnecessary tomfoolery, then they unlocked it after.
That sounds about right.
There should be a note in the thread about keeping the conversation polite and on track otherwise it will be deleted too.

At least that's the way the Disboards used to work. I really don't follow many threads over there now, and only keep to a few that always remain calm.

That sounds about right.
There should be a note in the thread about keeping the conversation polite and on track otherwise it will be deleted too.

At least that's the way the Disboards used to work. I really don't follow many threads over there now, and only keep to a few that always remain calm.

They had some kind of disclaimer on there that the only covid talk was to be related to travel. Maybe it’s word filtered and gets locked until approved.

Reactions: 3
Fiasco looks homeless in the Festival of Arts video. His wife looks like she's lost a ton of weight.

Fiasco also didn't recognise a cucumber on his plate? Great guy for a dining review!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.