The Dis Unplugged #6 Stay out of the damn employees part 2 The demise of Pete Werner

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They should have been in a real studio years ago. Doing it from his house was always an issue. A real studio isn't shut down when the chronic smoker is sick and has protections so you can do a show in the rain. TBH in 2023 you don't really need a studio. A lot more polished podcasts are done with everyone in their own home with some good equipment.

Reactions: 15
They should have been in a real studio years ago. Doing it from his house was always an issue. A real studio isn't shut down when the chronic smoker is sick and has protections so you can do a show in the rain. TBH in 2023 you don't really need a studio. A lot more polished podcasts are done with everyone in their own home with some good equipment.
They did talk about it years ago, just before Covid maybe? I remember Pete announcing they would be moving to a new studio, but it never happened.

Reactions: 3
Quick thoughts:

• Pete is done on the Tuesday show. The show being in the Bob Varley Studio in Pete’s house is at the core of the show for close to 15 years. The fact that they didn’t even have Pete come on to announce it, is all you need to know.
  • Kevin and John realize how bad the show is without Pete. I’m not sure that even a recommitted Kevin and John can bridge this gap, but its clear that they know that in order to keep the show going they can’t have it in its current state. Craig and Ryno and the team can be celebrating that the power may be switching from Pete, but lets be honest, the show can't sustain with the current cast of characters in the current format.
  • Perhaps the DVC show survives. Pete is making good money off that sponsorship. Dreams unlimited travel is not involved as a sponsor, so its possible that he can just keep doing it or have the Kreigers keep doing it, as long as World of DVC keeps paying.

Reactions: 21
I was under the impression that DIS (Disney Information System) was Pete’s baby solely.
He created it with The DIS, DIS Unplugged, DIS Dining, DVC Fan, DCL, etc. being extensions of the main hub.

Dreams Unlimited Travel was a totally separate business owned by Pete, John and Donna (??)

Reactions: 10
If you are going to make heinous allegations regarding rape/molestation/grooming you better have something to back it up. Either you were in the room or you are referencing a criminal verdict.

Because if not you are acting purely on the 3rd party hearsay accounts of admitted jaded gold diggers.

Same tit happened to Johnny Depp, turns out he was found innocent after a couple years of getting tit on and cancelled by your "ilk" and we missed out on at least TWO movies where he would have reprised his role as Jack Sparrow. you know who you are.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Recap: So much crazy sh*t has gone down I don't even know where to start.
-Two specific former team members are absolute legends and icons for sharing their stories and viewpoints with us. Thanks Guys 💙
-Pete is a sexual predator and emotional manipulator.
-Pete owes AMEX almost $900,000
-Huge ball was dropped on 7/25 that the studio will be moving out of Pete's house. We are unsure what this means just yet.
-Movement on this thread accelerated like crazy, we love to see it :)

story is developing as we speak, so I'm sure by next week there will be lots more to recap

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Quick thoughts:

• Pete is done on the Tuesday show. The show being in the Bob Varley Studio in Pete’s house is at the core of the show for close to 15 years. The fact that they didn’t even have Pete come on to announce it, is all you need to know.
  • Kevin and John realize how bad the show is without Pete. I’m not sure that even a recommitted Kevin and John can bridge this gap, but its clear that they know that in order to keep the show going they can’t have it in its current state. Craig and Ryno and the team can be celebrating that the power may be switching from Pete, but lets be honest, the show can't sustain with the current cast of characters in the current format.
  • Perhaps the DVC show survives. Pete is making good money off that sponsorship. Dreams unlimited travel is not involved as a sponsor, so its possible that he can just keep doing it or have the Kreigers keep doing it, as long as World of DVC keeps paying.
I disagree, I personally like when John is on the show and I know a lot of people do; maybe not being in Pete’s house will encourage others to come back to the show (be on it and watch it). I might, depends on how it goes.

Reactions: 15
If you are going to make heinous allegations regarding rape/molestation/grooming you better have something to back it up. Either you were in the room or you are referencing a criminal verdict.

Because if not you are acting purely on the 3rd party hearsay accounts of admitted jaded gold diggers.

Same tit happened to Johnny Depp, turns out he was found innocent after a couple years of getting tit on and cancelled by your "ilk". and you know who you are.

This fuckin' guy again
stanley-the-office.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Same tit happened to Johnny Depp, turns out he was found innocent after a couple years of getting tit on and cancelled by your "ilk" and we missed out on at least TWO movies where he would have reprised his role as Jack Sparrow. you know who you are.

This is victim intimidation.

Reactions: 26
Being in a new location alone might reignite the show a bit. They aren’t literally in a den of toxic theme park candle dented Gucci baubles anymore. It might give everyone a chance to take a breath and love what they do again.

Reactions: 16
I disagree, I personally like when John is on the show and I know a lot of people do; maybe not being in Pete’s house will encourage others to come back to the show (be on it and watch it). I might, depends on how it goes.
It would be glorious if the first show in the new studio had Deni, Fiasco, Charles, Sean, Dustin, etc. "Live from the It's-Safe-To-Come-Back Studio..."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
It would be glorious if the first show in the new studio had Deni, Fiasco, Charles, Sean, Dustin, etc. "Live from the It's-Safe-To-Come-Back Studio..."
yeah I’m curious as to how far the Pete separation is going to be. Like what the financial behind the scenes situation is.

Reactions: 5
This is victim intimidation.
How are they victims they never even filed a formal complaint against Pete for criminal charges?? Typically a CRIME needs to have taken place for there to be a victim. According to you everyone is a victim.

• Sick
Reactions: 1

Hi, how are you today?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Being in a new location alone might reignite the show a bit. They aren’t literally in a den of toxic theme park candle dented Gucci baubles anymore. It might give everyone a chance to take a breath and love what they do again.
I feel like that's what the Off the Rails show was. I would love to see John and Kevin return, do it with Craig and Ryno. And anyone else except Erika! I'll even take Julie over her and all she does is laugh at her own voice :rolleyes:

In fact, I stopped watching the Tuesday show entirely when Covid hit. Haven't watched it since, I only watched Off the Rails and I listen to Connecting with Walt. Michael is a national treasure.

Reactions: 12
Again, to recap, there have been some very serious acts committed against former employees. I appreciate your generosity in telling your story to hopefully stop this hideous behavior from happening again to others. If anyone receives any form of threat or intimidation for coming forward, please contact law enforcement immediately.

if anyone else was in a similar situation and was also a victim, please come forward. You certainly were not alone and it wasn’t your fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Quick thoughts:

I’d like to see the DVC show survive. Perhaps a different format. Paul and Amy seem earnest and sincere and want to help. Wonder how long that company will want to be associated though, if no action is taken.

I enjoy the Ryno shopping vlogs.

It’s been years but John and Kevin food reviews were terrific.

I think more in park blogs and then “zoom style” discussion for breaking news.

always love festival coverage by several members of the team

Off the rails niche discussions were fun with the right team

Reactions: 16
Is a weekly podcast even relevant anymore? Mollys team is pounding out videos on site and are editing professional style videos. The show reeks of amateur hour, again, pull up a podcast from 2014 it looks exactly the same only way more entertaining. Dustin was the vision for professionalism on the podcast.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.