Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
@imjenilynn some people are going to be upset and say you shared too much information while others will look at the same information and be upset that you didn't give enough details. Don't listen to the noise on either side. Just tell the story you want to tell. It is your story, you lived it.
And I’m learning that some people will talk out of both ends of their mouth by simultaneously accusing me of both. It’s quite a tap dance I am being asked to perform. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I've said it once before, but I believe Rufio's Ghost and Jafar deserve as much credit as anyone for bringing to light some of the issues surrounding the DIS. They were some of the first ones who came here with stories about their interactions with people in the DIS circle. Their stories were credible and laid the foundation for most of these threads and eventually what happened with Sean Faulk posting here.

Not a shot at JL or anyone else, but its easy to come here now and tell stories, once the Emperor has been shown to have no clothes and has been banished to New Jersey (or wherever he is), but Rufio and Jafar were telling their stories long before that and had nothing to gain. Good for them.
I want to echo the first half of this post. Thank you @rufiosghost and @Jafar. I do not know either of you personally, but I wish I did.

And while I’m not offended by the second half (shot intended or not), I disagree with it. It is not easy to openly talk about this when you lived it—no matter what part of the “reveal” we are in—especially not for Sean and Dustin. Also, some of us didn’t know this site existed until other ex-Dis began posting. And there is the small problem with not being able to register for an account when registration is closed so often.

Please applaud these two posters. I certainly am. But I don’t think you should dismiss the struggle of posters that follow them.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Please elaborate more JL don’t protect anyone who didn’t protect you when you were shown the door and labeled a thief.
Mainly what I am trying to point out is that I am not better than any of the other people on the team in this story. But pertaining to Julie...again, she will have to be the one to tell her story, but from where I sat it didn't look like she wanted to be there. I believe that she only remained because she loves and supports her husband, and I can't say that I would have done differently if I were in her shoes. I was under the impression that she had long thought Pete was scum. And I can think of at least 3 occasions when she would have rearranged Pete's face into a Picasso if Corey hadn't talked her down from the ledge. All of those occasions were when she found out he had maliciously wronged others on the team--not herself. She was the kindest person there. Her heart is very big and tender.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

The Mando

Pete actually approached me in 2021 about buying in with him as a co-owner for a car service. I obviously said no and stayed out of it but maybe he actually did buy it somehow?

• Wow
  • Haha
I really appreciate JL opening up, but I'm left a bit confused about the new revelations. If Pete told JL what his Dad did, can JL tell us what that was? This is Tattle after all and if it isn't true then that's on Pete. Thank you. 😊
I may be reading into this completely incorrectly but what I got out of the messaging was basically like father like son but perhaps dad targeted a younger demographic? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Pete said they lived in Ocean Grove NJ, which is part of Neptune Township, Monmouth County.
There's an article from March 1980 that mentions a Charles and Madeline Werner being current foster parents. It doesn't use the real names of the two kids mentioned, so I feel okay posting a link to it. Let me know if you have an issue accessing it.

/[/URL]

Oh, hello: https://www.newspapers.com/article/asbury-park-press/135940603/ - from October 1985.

And I'm not saying this is definitely his dad, obviously, because I don't know that for sure. It could totally just be some guy who happens to live in the same area with the same name but isn't at all related.

"The Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center (ADTC) is a secure correctional facility operated by the New Jersey Department of Corrections. Its purpose is to provide treatment and incarceration for certain criteria meeting repetitive and compulsive male sex offenders who have been sentenced under the New Jersey Sex Offender Act.[1]

"From its opening in 1976 through at least 1994, ADTC is a unique facility, the "only complex of its kind in the nation devoted exclusively to the treatment of adult sexual offenders"
Sorry for the delay. I’ve been hyper-focused at work since I have to catch up from being sick and then taking off for the holidays. I’m reading all this now and replying from my phone at the doctor’s office. Apologies in advance for typos. This is more tricky on a small screen.

Yes, so I was thinking we’d be able to verify this because, unlike Pete, I don’t go around spreading lies. It does look like you guys have found the beginnings of what I am talking about. If anyone else has time to request court documents, please feel free to do that. I like “receipts” like everyone else. I would appreciate any help because I would like this part of what I am sharing to be backed by evidence. I’m not in the habit of starting rumors, and I want that to be clear that I am not doing that now.

Below is the exactly what Pete told me directly. If there are any inaccuracies, they will have come from him:

Pete’s foster brother was at his house once. His brother is sweet and gentle, but he is also mentally handicapped and would annoy Pete for that reason. His presence there that day triggered my conversation with Pete.

Pete shared that his dad had been in jail for many years because he sexually abused his foster siblings. I was horrified, especially because his brother is special needs. It made me ill.

It looks like you have found a clipping that talks about his dad being a sex offender. This is what it refers to. He assaulted his foster kids, according to what Pete shared with me that day.

And, yes, now that we know Pete is also a sex offender…the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
So much of your story of how new employees were treated really ties into what Sean said! He mentioned all those things, such as the love bombing/gifts/trips etc... Pitting members of the team against each other as well. It is such a manipulative move to cause strife in an organization; therefore the team can't work together to call out the injustices being done by the boss. It causes such a me vs. them environment with Pete pulling the strings for his entertainment.
It's not just for his entertainment. It's also for his protection. If the team is divided, there won't be backlash. He is a master at this game. I hate to give him credit for anything, but he is a true genius at this game.

During my time at The Dis, there were divisions from the moment you stepped in. The new person was always looked at with suspicion and as a threat initially. Depending on who was brought in, some team members might suspect that a new person was a sign that their position was in jeopardy. Additionally, by default, it was assumed the new person wasn't trustworthy since they were initially kept close to Pete. And, occasionally, the team just didn't like the new person because they found them off-putting in general. The new person had to eventually prove that they were there to pull their weight but not replace someone. They also had to prove that they were trustworthy because there were a lot of secrets to keep.

It took time to earn trust at The Dis. And even after you had, I can't say that you ever truly earned it. It was almost always in the back of your mind that when push came to shove, your co-worker may throw you under the bus to save themself. I learned the hard way a couple of times that you always had to be ready for that possibility.

Pete knew all this and leaned into it to maintain control. And if someone was getting fired, there was a whole strategy for preventing backlash against the company. It was standard to also keep that person isolated from the team even beyond termination. That part was definitely for Pete's protection. He is an insecure man with a lot of skeletons in the closet, so keeping ties with someone he has rejected is seen as a betrayal and a risk. Narcissists can't cope with that. There is more to this, but, again, it's probably meant for a separate post. The bottom line is he was constantly trying to sow division between the team while keeping one or two close to him so that he had the illusion of an ally (although that ally regularly changed to keep with the theme of instability).

Something that happened kind of early on for me paints a good picture of this. I don't remember which meet-up this happened at, but it was when I was still trying to find my footing with the team. I want to say Indianapolis, but I could have that wrong. Wherever it was, we planned to do a Live Show for the people at the meet (as is normal for The Dis). Pete wasn't there, though, so we didn't have a main host. Since that is usually the thing that determines the seating for every show, we discussed what to do as a group. It was decided we would sit boy, girl, boy, girl, boy, etc. so that it didn't look like we were segregating ourselves by gender. Shaun ended up in the middle for no reason other than he was a boy and the other boys didn't want to be in the middle. We streamed the show, and Pete watched it.

When the show was over, I think one of them got a call from Pete. I don't remember who because I was distracted by the event. At some point, though, I realized the team was huddled by themselves away from the event and talking in hushed tones. I think I approached and asked what was going on. There was hesitation, but then they told me that Pete had called and reamed everyone out because of the livestream. I didn't understand, so they explained that Pete was livid that I wasn't sitting in the middle as the main host. He raged that Shaun was there instead and said that no one on the team was worthy of sitting in that seat when he was gone except for me. I think I went into shock. The idea was so horrific. I was trying to become a part of this team, and he had just humiliated them by using me as a weapon. Internally, I was shaken and had to excuse myself. I went to my room where I just bawled.

I pulled myself together after a while and then returned to the team, who were still trying to sort through the blitzkrieg that had happened. Teresa, being Teresa, questioned what I had been doing all that time. I had left because I didn't want to cry in front of everyone, but when I tried to explain, I got choked up and started crying a little bit again. It was awful and embarrassing to publicly break like that, but Teresa let her guard down at that point. She confessed they thought I had gone up to my room to call Pete and tell him everything they were saying about him. And then I was horrified that the team had thought that.

Unfortunately, that story is not an extreme example. We may have been at a meet-up, but the unpredictable outburst, the humiliation of the team, the elevation of one over another for the sake of keeping an ally, the mistrust between co-workers. It didn't take long to learn that was just "an average day at the office."

• Wow
  • Sad
First, thank you very much for taking the time to carefully and considerately answer so many questions. I hope you're feeling better soon. While I'm sure (or at least I hope) that your presence here is driven primarily by your own self-healing journey (which is all that really matters), it is also welcomed by those of us who'd like to learn more and understand how things ended up where they did.
I have a few motives for being here. And not that you did, but it would be fair to call those motives into question. For the sake of transparency, I am showing my hand. I have four motives, and I'll list them here in order of importance to me.

1) What happened to Sean and Dustin is MONSTROUS! As someone who participated in the community that enabled sexual abuse to happen repeatedly, I feel a responsibility to amplify their voices and lend credibility to what they are revealing. They were brave to speak up. And while they should be given room to step away, take a breath, and move on when they are done, the rest of us need to take in what happened so that we don't enable it again in the future. It's hard thing to do, though, if the full picture isn't brought into the light and examined.

2) I do have a personal story of trauma, and being quiet has kept me from being able to fully release that pain. Being at The Dis was akin to ingesting a teaspoon of poison every day. I have some internal damage from it. Posting here has been like getting my stomach pumped. Yes, it is cathartic, but it is also very uncomfortable. It is taking a little bit of a toll on me mentally, emotionally, and physically. Hopefully, I'll find that freedom at the end, though, making it worth it.

3) The team that is still in place does not have a voice--not really. And they won't have one until they separate themselves from John. You can see evidence of that by how he silences strangers on the internet. Imagine being someone who sits across the table from him and depends on his bank deposit every week. They do not have the freedom to be candid. I can't tell their personal stories for them (and it isn't my place to anyway), but I am in a position to inform others about their circumstances and shed some light on what it probably feels like from their seat. I know for fact some of them want you guys to have the information you are getting, and I'm trying to give an honest take on the many layers of this horror story for their sake as well as those of us who aren't there anymore.

4) As participants in The Dis community, past or present, you guys really do have a right to know some of this stuff. As I said before, I believe the viewers, listeners, travel clients, and Disboards community have also enabled this. From a financial perspective, you *could* say "the buck stops here" because this is the way everything is funded. Without the audience and the money, none of this exists, so the "outsiders" actually have a big responsibility. Anyone holding this type of responsibility, should know what they are giving power to. Some of it is obvious because of the toxic signs on display, but the ugliest parts are not so obvious. Community participants should be told about the things they cannot see so that they can decide whether they are at peace with the role they have played (or will continue to play) in all this.

There! All of my cards on the table. Now you guys can see how I am playing what I was dealt.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

LobCheapek

Chatty Member
Y’all… this entire message board is dedicated to talking crap and laughing at people the majority of us have never met and never will. The sudden self-righteous piety being exhibited by a few is so hypocritically hysterical it actually is not funny. Why are you even here then? Now that real, heinous allegations have been raised and proven where a predator can be exposed and hopefully prosecuted (if the victims choose to) we’re going to scream “STOP!”?

Yes, everyone is someone’s child, but that doesn’t apply to the Pete Werner’s, Kyle Pallo’s, and Tim Trackers on the daily, does it?

Monday morning quarterbacking someone’s life experience who has repeatedly expressed that they aren’t going to share the dirty details of the hearsay stories that contributed to her deciding to leave the Dis because she can't prove them concretely to some internet hero with a keyboard is mind-boggling.

You can get mad that she didn’t question the fateful paycheck in question if you want, but I have worked for someone like Pete who sucked at basic accounting. Paychecks were never consistent in amount or on time. That part of the story could have been written by me.

The Mando

I’d like to make sure and clear up anything about Jodi Benson. She’s very nice and is not ‘friends with the dis. She was hired (and paid a lot more than you’d think) for each of her appearances. It was strictly contractual for a client that hired her often.
She got her bag and I highly doubt they could afford her now nor have enough to celebrate to throw anything but a funeral.

• Haha
  • Wow
So you waited until it was no longer financially beneficial to support a predator? At least you have the courage to admit it here.
In Post #275, I pretty much said that when you boil it down, it does come to all of us making peace with getting what we could (financial or otherwise) out of a situation that hurt us and others.

But since you have the need to throw the punch, I'll take the hit to help you out. Feel better?

Last edited:
  • Heart
I’m not sure if anyone else has brought this up. But it’s obvious now Pete’s neighbor was intentionally mowing the lawn on Tuesdays around 2pm right?

• Haha

bten1989

VIP Member
Guys it's been a while since I've been heavily involved in this thread (the DIS people bore the shit out of me anymore), but I had a question and thought you all would be able to give me some honest answers...

I met this lovely woman at Publix who was working at the Aprons counter and thought I HAVE to invite her over for Christmas. What do you all think?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
@imjenilynn in addition to letting us know what really happened with Sean Thompson, could you also tell us the real story about why Oliver left. Pete told me that it was because of Ryno and Craig and the way they treated him...call me suspicious, but I may have doubts about what Pete has told me in the past 🧐
Oliver's story was accurately told by @Jafar in a previous thread. I'm a little sad that @Jafar doesn't post anymore because his accuracy in retelling things (while not 100%) was rather high and his take on the various personalities at The Dis were generally on point. I don't know who he is, but he had good information.

Oliver was not treated badly by Craig or Ryno. Oliver walked out on Pete because of Pete, and, in truth, I've always been a little jealous of how he did it. Craig and Oliver, in particular, were very close when they worked together. The two of them were the primary contributors of video content while he was there. There was definitely no animosity between them, and my understanding is they were very much in lock-step with one another during those days.
---
Oliver has been mentioned here many times, and it seems he was sorely missed. Count me in on that.

I don't know if he ever reads here or anyone can relay the message, but he was a bright spot at The Dis and his channel with @imjenilynn was so much fun. They had great chemistry and I truly felt as if I was included with them on the vlogs. Great balance of information, tips, and fun.

I hope he's well, happy, and thriving!!!
I can honestly say that I've never seen him happier. He went back to school and trained hard for the position that he has at Universal (in which he has also moved up some). He is in a very healthy relationship, and he and his boyfriend work steadily on remodeling a home they bought together in Orlando. The results have been gorgeous!
---
The only thing different is Bob Varley who gave off great dad vibes. Everyone banged up on him pretty bad. Can’t imagine what Pete put him through.
The trigger that made me finally call Ricky at Inside the Magic is connected to this. The story I was told was hearsay, and neither Bob nor his son are alive now to give an account of anything. But after I heard what I heard, I was going to put as much space between my son and Pete as I possibly could.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I can imagine him aiming any meanness towards Jackie. She comes across as very nonconfrontational and meek and I can see him targeting someone he perceived as the weakest of the pack.
Yes, sadly this was the case. Jackie's determination to remain positive about everything grated John, Kevin, and Teresa. They weren't kind behind her back, and they were passive-aggressive to her face. Kathy, of the Disboards, was also particularly vicious to Jackie since Jackie was initially hired to moderate the Disboards and change the negative quality that had taken hold.

Jackie is a Pollyanna. It is her nature. She is loyal. She is supportive. And she works incredibly hard to make the lives of those around her easier. I understand how people can find her unconditional blasts of sunshine frustrating because it can read as a denial of existing problems; however, it is her way. And it does make her an easy target.

Corey has been more successful with protecting Jackie from Pete than he has been with others like me. Around the time I left, he convinced Pete to move Jackie under his umbrella. At that point, Jackie (who understands a bit about html and maintaining websites), took on content creation for the site. I think the argument could be made that she is now Corey's right hand. He would be sort of up a creek if she wasn't there to support him, and that gives her a good degree of protection from the people in the company (past and present) that would threaten her job.
---
Hey Jenny Lynn thank you for being a part of the discussion and adding your valuable input. I want you if you can delve deeper into John he seems like he’s really getting off light here but we know he’s an enabler also tell us some interesting behind the scenes stories!
I don't have many stories about John because I didn't interact with him or Kevin much. They were primarily off doing their thing with the travel agency. When I was at D23 with the team, the three of us got along really well. It was the one time that they actively included me in their plans because we worked the booth together. I liked them while I was there. I got along with them.

That being said, when I was ousted by Pete, John stood by and did nothing. Also, John blocked me from being able to retrieve my phone number from the company's account. To explain, when I was hired, my personal phone number was absorbed by the company so that I wouldn't have to worry about paying for a phone bill. When I was fired, I asked for my phone number to be released back to me since it had ALL of my contacts prior to being at The Dis as well as after--family, friends, everything. Corey tried very hard to make that happen for me. He contacted the phone company and wrestled with them quite a bit as the president of the company. It still came down to him needing John or Pete, one of the owners of the company, to talk with the phone carrier and approve the release. He went to John since Pete would have been a dead end. John denied Corey and blocked his ability to help me even though the phone number was mine prior to being hired. There was no reason for this other than John being afraid of Pete or John just being cruel. It definitely messed up a lot for me and added insult to injury.

John also yanked my medical insurance a month before our agreed-upon time without giving me notice. I was stuck paying for labs upwards of $1k because I didn't realize they were no longer covered until I received the bill. That would have 100% been John because Pete didn't manage our insurance.

You guys saw what he felt was a professional response to the news about Pete coming to light. It is completely in line with his character. What more can be said?
---
I can't explain why else they would stick around after everything that has come out. Maybe he offered Craig and Rynon MASSIVE retention bonuses to stay on? At least that would make some sense.
It was pretty standard to offer incentives to essential people on the team when others were fired. It might be a raise. It might be a stake in the profits coming from YouTube or Patreon. It might be expensive gifts. It all was done to make it harder for the remaining members to walk just in case they were considering doing that.
---
On the DIS Boards there are people who are referencing you and your struggle, but in a very oblique way so not to be censored. The comments are being read by the moderators yet they stay as they document the shit that they have suffered. I don't expect John ever looks at the boards so it goes under his radar.
John will look at the boards if someone directs him to it. In this case, I could see him being directed to it by a number of people. They probably sought him out for guidance on how to handle posts about me. How it is being handled is very predictable.
---
@imjenilynn , I asked a week or 2 ago about the cameras in the bathroom disclosure by Charles. Not sure if you saw it or felt uncomfortable talking about it. Do you really think that Pete was twisted enough to have the capability to do something like that which is a criminal offense? Once again, if you don't want to answer then ignore this or tell me to go away. Thanks for sharing your stories with us.
I'm trying to take the questions directed at me in the order that they were asked so that I don't lose my place. And because I'm trying to carefully consider my words before I throw them carelessly out into the universe, it is taking me a little longer than we would probably all like. I promise I will get to your question. I have every intention of answering it. I'm just having to balance my responsibilities at home and work with posting, and it is all taking time.
---
And they are gone. Totally expected that John wants no talk of how truly horrible things are at his company. No investor will buy that cesspool and then he can't cash out and live a life of leisure.
This. 100% this.
---
I think Julie is terrific. And admire her in many ways. But she has elected to continue to appear on the show. And she has to know the truth.
She does know the truth. And because she is married to Corey, she probably knows more of the truth than half of the team. If she ever steps away from the company, maybe she will explain why she did make this choice. I think I know why (and if it is what I think, I totally get it), but she has to be the one to tell her story. No one should expect that to happen, though, until she and Corey are disconnected from The Dis.

Last edited:
  • Heart
JL, I’m so sorry you had to go through all of that. It appeared that you and Panda have or had a good relationship. Did he question what happened with you at the Dis before he joined? Did he just fall for Pete’s superficial showering of gifts, etc also?
Yes, the only other person attached to The Dis that I have known longer than Panda is Jackie. They both were a part of my first steps in the Disney community, The Disney Driven Life and a webcast called Inner Mouse. Panda and I have remained friends the entire time even though we go for long spells without seeing or talking to one another.

And, yes, Panda knew what he was walking into. He called me one day and said, "I'm going to tell you something, but I don't want you to be mad at me." Then he told me he was going to start working with Pete. I don't think he was expecting the response he got. I laughed at him and said, "Well, this is going to end badly." We had a long conversation, and I laid it all out for him. He said he had already made the decision and was definitely going to partner with The Dis. I was never worried about Panda, though. He knows how to grease a wheel so things work in his favor. He also knows how to cut out when things are no longer serving his purposes. So, I told Panda to make sure he protected his brand and not to sign anything that a lawyer didn't look at first. He assured me that he was on top of it all, and that was the last we talked until all of the recent events with Pete broke.

He called me a month or so after everything came to light and he said, "JL, when I was there, it all happened just as you said it would. It's so crazy, but it was just like you said." Interestingly, he wasn't the first person to tell me that. Oliver was.

Oliver also walked into the job with eyes open because I gave him a heads-up before he accepted the job. He, too, reached out to me when he was offered the position. We didn't know each other at all, but I guess he felt I would be the most likely to answer questions he had. He was right. I was very nervous about talking to Oliver because if Pete found out I did, I definitely would have been fired for it. But, in Oliver's case, I felt I had to let him know what he was walking into, so I stuck my neck out. We spent 2 or 3 hours on the phone that night while I talked to him in depth about what it is like for new people. We reviewed the entire team person by person. I told him what he would need to do with each individual to get past the suspicion he would face. Then we talked extensively about what he was walking into with Pete. I didn't sugarcoat it. I told him that he would be sexually harassed because at some point almost all of the guys are, but I stressed that he might get an extra dose of it because he was walking into Dustin's seat and Pete had yucky motives. Oliver said that he really needed the job, though, so he was ready to deal with all of it. And he definitely dealt with all of it. When he quit, though, he called me soon after and said, "JL, it went down exactly as you said. It really was exactly as you said down to the smallest detail."

I had two other people call me when they were offered jobs by Pete. I had been fired by that point, and I guess they wanted an honest take on what they would be accepting. I was able to help both of those individuals steer clear and avoid the trauma they would have definitely suffered. The first one I told, "I am a mother, so I can say this with complete confidence...your parents wouldn't want you to take this job. Run as far as you can in the other direction." The second one, Oliver and I, both, warned about the likelihood of sexual harassment. I told him in no uncertain terms that Pete was a predator, and I couldn't stress enough that he should not accept the dinner invitation Pete extended to him. Oliver told him the same. Luckily, he took our advice and turned down the invitation. When the recent news about Pete drugging and sexually assaulting guys broke, the young man reached out to me to thank me for "saving him." He said, "You and Oliver were strong enough to get out, but I am not that strong of a person. I probably wouldn't have come through ok on the other side." He got to me with that. Not going to lie. I cried when he told me that.

Anyway, those are all the people who I informed about The Dis before they walked into it. I wanted them to know what they were choosing since I didn't have a complete picture when I jumped in. Some still moved forward. Some didn't. All stepped away with the same thoughts and feelings about the company.
---
I definitely noticed Panda got the golden treatment in the beginning that Sean and JL mentioned.

@imjenilynn don't worry about the length of your posts, I didn't watch The Dis when you were on, but I am enjoying learning about your background and story. I find your writing insightful and reflective, I understand why you were a fan favorite on the the show. I am so disturbed that John allowed Pete to go through with termination under the guise of stealing. Pete was the one that wrote the check, not you taking money without permission from him. If anything, Pete should have been in trouble with John for overpayment since Pete always mentioned John was the money person in the business. The only confusing part I feel is that Ryno mentioned on one of his livestreams that you didn't like him, but didn't get into the reasons. You don't have to share the story, but did it revolve around this returning the check issue or was it a different incident?
No, my feelings about Ryno don't have anything to do with returning the check. He told me that he gave Pete the check, and I believe him. Regardless, I texted Pete about the check, so he would have been aware it was waiting for him even if Ryno hadn't given the check to Pete.

I imagine that Ryno didn't get into the reason he and I ended on less-than-ideal terms on his livestream because he doesn't want to open that door. If he ever does, I'll walk through it with an accurate retelling of events. For now, though, I am aware that he has been on the beating end of the stick enough since I left, and I don't want to contribute to that.
---
I've been wondering about this as well. I would guess that he took part in throwing coworkers under the bus for his gain or protection or whatever you want to call it. Pete asked me who my favorite person on the show was as well. I said JL, especially when she was on the universal show because was the adult in the room with a couple of adolescents. But I actually loved how relaxed and ridiculous Craig and Ryno were on the universal show, and then JL would just comically sigh out of annoyance as she tried to keep the conversation and topic moving along. Anyways, back to when told Pete that JL was my favorite, he told me "well you know she was actually a very hard person to work with. Craig and Ryno always complained to me that she was lazy and would never pull her weight." Again, I have seen the light and recognize that I can't really trust anything he told me. But I do wonder if they talked bad about JL to Pete before and after her termination to help them stay in good graces with the evil queen. 💁
Craig and Ryno were great on the Universal Show, and I give Ryno credit for being one of the more creative and witty minds on the team. He does truly have cool and original ideas that are "out of the box" (or at least that was the case when I was there). Ryno and I, initially, had a great start. I think I was the first person to welcome him because I didn't want him to feel like I did when I first came on board. I asked him out to lunch so that I would have a chance to get to know him and help him not feel awkward about being new.

We also had a great time during the trip that I took with the team to Disneyland. We were ride buddies. I found him very charming and funny. We had a great time, and, during those days, I thought there was potential for us to become close friends. Sadly, this did not end up being the case, but we were able to put on a smile and do our jobs together. And we did just that.

As far as Craig goes, he and I have always had a great friendship. His job was threatened once because he took a picture with me (after I was fired) and posted it on his Instagram. He knew that was a risk he was taking by doing that, but he said he didn't care and did it anyway. My point is that I have always considered Craig and I to be close. We worked together on media events quite a bit. He was aware that I hustled to get stuff done. And I was usually chasing him for the Universal episode topic so that I could prepare. I seriously doubt Craig would have accused me of not pulling my weight. I suppose he could have, but it doesn't seem likely.

What is likely is that Pete made this stuff about Craig and Ryno up because "I framed a single mother for theft and then kicked her and her three children to the curb so that I could have the headcount available and lure my recent sexual abuse victim back" doesn't sound as professional. Looking at where we ended up, though, I think it is obvious who pulls her weight and who is just weight.

Last edited:
  • Heart

minimax

Chatty Member
Have you answered it or are you taking advantage of the fact that your cheerleaders either haven’t figured it out yet or want to back anything you say to be anti-Pete.

hugely unpopular opinion here I know but I am having a really hard time placing you in the “victim” category along with Dustin and Sean based simply on working in a toxic environment.

how your “work trauma” has risen to such a high level when in reality you accepted a payment, which you knew was incorrect, kept that payment rather than checking the validity of the overpayment, got found out, got fired, and jumped on the victim bandwagon.

in what work world does somebody NOT get fired for that? Then acting like you got fired so Pete could hire a love interest, like he wouldn’t just hire whoever he wanted to hire regardless of who was in what position.

Now throwing all kinds of other SA stories real or otherwise, for what? How many extensions are you going to take on your 15 minutes of fame?
DISboard disciples unite! :coronation:Must protect the predators!
It must be driving you crazy JL has a platform to speak without moderation.

• Haha
  • Heart

MichaelsAchilles

@imjenilynn some people are going to be upset and say you shared too much information while others will look at the same information and be upset that you didn't give enough details. Don't listen to the noise on either side. Just tell the story you want to tell. It is your story, you lived it.

• Heart

LobCheapek

Chatty Member
I am fairly certain JL mentioned the story people are taking issue with now very early on in her posts. This isn’t new info suddenly being shared. We can all speculate and draw inferences from what the story she was told contained, but ultimately she hasn’t shared that information. I think NOT sharing the details is the right choice here.

The story matters for multiple reasons. 1) being told about said incident(s) concerning your boss is understandably alarming; it’s not normal, 2) this was shared when no one knew about Dustin or Shaun’s assaults and abuse, 3) it was a significant moment in her employment that the alleged incident(s) disturbed her to the point of looking for another job, and 4) it sadly shows Pete may have victimized even more than the brave individuals who have shared their truths.

I’m all for maintaining truth and calling out BS, but the complaints being lodged at JL here are once again hypocritical. You can’t call JL out for bringing up something you think has no bearing and wrongly “names” unconfirmed victims, and then turn around and taunt her to name those unconfirmed victims and spill the dirty details. Do you want her to be respectful here or not?

If Dustin, Shaun, and other individuals on here connected to The Dis has backed up JL’s stories and claims, is that not enough? I’m beginning to think Pete could film a full on confessional video admitting to it all and some would still be giving JL a hard time over nothing.

Reactions: 23